test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

if you needed marks quick?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
If you needed lets say 10k of any rep marks, what would be the fastest way to get them?

Using Omega marks as an example, would you farm the invasion zone or pve, or do you have a different option?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I haven't really thought of it since I've never felt any need to do such a thing.

But off hand, for omegarks at least the TFOs would clearly be the best since the invasion zone has 20h cooldowns.
  • betsyphotog#1877 betsyphotog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The Dyson Sphere is a great place to farm Dyson and Undine marks, not to mention DIL. I've accumulated quite a few there, just going through a cycle or two of clearing the map (space or ground).
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The only reason to farm 10K would be for dil farming, I'd just buy the dil if I needed it that badly. (I've never needed to buy dil though, or sell it.)

For leveling up reputations or buying a gear set I'd do the event daily TFO and some random TFO roulette.

Elite marks: For Terran and Temporal elite I'd see if anyone else is in the badlands. For Delta and Iconian I'd try the last 2 Kobali missions, for Undine and Dyson the BZs.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    If you seriously need 10k marks for Omega, consider grinding to Tier 6 of it (I'd just do do one Infected: The Conduit (Advanced) aka ISA [due to it's old name] each day) and doing the discount project first, as that'll save you a fair amount of marks if you're buying the secondary and all three primary sets Omega has.

Right now, I'm sorta saving up for a torp build on one of my chars and just saving back Mark boxes from Endeavors, and doing some of the easier stuff like the Undine Battlezone. It varies by what the Reputation has to do, and whether I feel like actively grinding what it has versus just saving back Mark packs, no one size fits all for the various gear I want for it.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Nobody would ever need 10k marks for anything. If you wanted to earn 10k Omega marks, though, you'd be best off rotating ISA, CSA and KSA all day long. Maybe even HSA depending on how quickly you complete each TFO.

Not every rep is as easy to farm though. For instance, competitive marks are more easily earned doing random advanced or waiting for an "any marks" 14 day event like Crystalline.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    > If you seriously need 10k marks for Omega, consider grinding to Tier 6 of it

Yes, once you get one character to T6, the gear discount project is account-wide and saves a bunch of grinding for marks for gear.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    "No one would ever need 10k marks for anything."?

I guess my middle name is 'No one', then. My KDF Tactical has a complete set of KHG and Assimilated gear from the Omega Rep. In addition, the character and all four members of his Ground Team are completely kitted out with KHG gear. While the total may not be exactly 10k Marks, it is probably very close.

Random TFOs have that Bonus Mark reward box which can be turned in for any type of Rep Mark, don't they?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The real question is the Elite Marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    thanks for all the input there guys.

The reason I asked for 10K marks was just a semi random number to represent the idea of starting a new toon and wanting all the rep gear etc related to said rep, it was also a big enough number that it should take time to get to as well so you wold want the most efficient method possible.
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Just do RTFO. the bonus boxes can give 1000 marks if you're lucky
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Do randoms I'd guess between Infected/Cure space when they are not on CD. That is probably the fastest. 10k is kinda out there, though. 5k is more accurate for what you want to do.
    spy8446 wrote: »
    thanks for all the input there guys.

The reason I asked for 10K marks was just a semi random number to represent the idea of starting a new toon and wanting all the rep gear etc related to said rep, it was also a big enough number that it should take time to get to as well so you wold want the most efficient method possible.

Reach tier 6 on one character and get the gear discount. For 5 elite + 100 plain marks it cuts the plain marks needed in half for ALL of your characters. Then needing 10K really does become absurd. (Sadly no discount on elite marks.)

I guess my middle name is 'No one', then. My KDF Tactical has a complete set of KHG and Assimilated gear from the Omega Rep. In addition, the character and all four members of his Ground Team are completely kitted out with KHG gear. While the total may not be exactly 10k Marks, it is probably very close.

Random TFOs have that Bonus Mark reward box which can be turned in for any type of Rep Mark, don't they?

Gear discount is your friend!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    In this specific case, Gear Discount isn't my friend. I did the T6 rep after I had all the gear except for the Assimilated Set.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

That's my plan aswell

• edxelledxell Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Do an event tfo. They usually give a choice of marks box with a fairly generous amount of marks in it. By the time you get the rep to t5 you should have enough marks left over to get at least some of the equipment.

Random TFOs give a choice of marks box. Do those if you get bored with the TFOs for that rep.

If the rep has a battlezone spend some time there. You'll get marks and if you completely clear the zone you'll get 3 elite marks which helps.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    Except for Gon'cra, that place is usually a ghost town unless the universal endeavor is something that has to be done there. The devs tried fixing it last year and while it is a little better it is still so annoying most people avoid it. Same goes with the Gamma BZ from what I hear (I have not been there since it first started though so I do not know for sure).
This discussion has been closed.