test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Setting up new Fleets on PC: Fed & KDF

ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
Hi.

Am looking to set-up a Fed and a KDF fleet from scratch on PC.

Anyone either wanting to get in on a new fleet at the start, or if you are willing to just help out with the start-up, please get in touch, to see if we can fix a time for doing so.

Creating a fleet from scratch is now one of the few remaining challenges the game has for me. So, unless you are replying to express your interest in starting a fleet, kindly refrain from wasting your time and mine by telling me how long & hard it was for you, etc, or by making some alternate suggestion. Having looked at previous threads of this nature, that seems to be the way these threads tend to go, so how about we buck that trend, eh?

I'm only interested in doing the above and replies from those who are interested in the above.

Thank you.
NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
Website
Discord
I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela

Comments

• Options
    romeoldkromeoldk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    If you still need team members to assist in setting up fleet, I'm all in. I meet all the fleet requirements
    Post edited by romeoldk on
  • Options
    sirilius#5400 sirilius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I may be interested. I'm a complete newb however and am not fully interested in being "maxed" out but would like to understand fleet mechanics rather than just be anothe random in a large fleet. I played in early 2012 and stopped, I've just returned and am leveling up a fed toon.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Bravo! I salute your drive and ambition! Yes, I'm being serious. No, I'm not being snarky.
    Been a long time since I've done the Tier Zero Fleet thing.
    I am interested. But only if you have some sort of voice chat. I prefer talking to typing.
    Since these will be your Fleets, I'll quite happily be a card carrying member. Instead of anything higher.

Also, where's the contact info? I don't come here very often.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    romeoldk wrote: »
    If you still need team members to assist in setting up fleet, I'm all in. I meet all the fleet requirements
    I may be interested. I'm a complete newb however and am not fully interested in being "maxed" out but would like to understand fleet mechanics rather than just be anothe random in a large fleet. I played in early 2012 and stopped, I've just returned and am leveling up a fed toon.
    Bravo! I salute your drive and ambition! Yes, I'm being serious. No, I'm not being snarky.
    Been a long time since I've done the Tier Zero Fleet thing.
    I am interested. But only if you have some sort of voice chat. I prefer talking to typing.
    Since these will be your Fleets, I'll quite happily be a card carrying member. Instead of anything higher.

Also, where's the contact info? I don't come here very often.

Hi all. Thank you very much for your responses. I'm happy to at least try and accommodate you all.

Thunderfoot, I've used a few different voice chats but I am happy to take suggestions for which voice chat to use - so long as it is free to set-up and use.

I am trying to get hold of someone else I know to join us and that will be our five - but if any of you know someone else interested, please say.

I am McVittie@ajm1067 (amongst others) in-game, if it's easier to use than the forum, for now.
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    greimbahsgreimbahs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still recruiting players? Just returning buthave T6 JemHa'dar on both Fed and KDF sides.Like the guy above would rather chat in voice than type,easier to play and not get killed that way lol.
  • Options
    Hi Greimbahs. Thanks for the message. Yes, now at the point of trying to get five together at the same time to set-up the fleets. I'm @ajm1067 if you want to friend/let me know what time zone you are in and when you are/can be online, thanks.
    Website
    Discord
  • Options
    Thanks again to those who have responded. Please check your messages/walls/Friend requests for our start-up details (most of you have already :) ) - and please ensure you have worked out the correct times in your time zone!

If you can't make it, please let me know. Life happens.

For anyone else who still might be interested in new Fed/KDF fleets starting from scratch, the startup should be imminent, and whilst there should be enough interest to form teams to get them off the ground, it's possible that there could be late drop-outs. So if you are interested in helping form fleets, or joining new fleets, please come back to me ASAP.
    Website
    Discord
  • Options
    Thanks guys, we now have a new Fed Fleet - McVittie's Marauders B) . We were one shy for the KDF side, but will try again tomorrow afternoon UK time.
    Website
    Discord
  • Options
    The House of Arrgh has been formed. Thanks again to those who made that possible.
    Website
    Discord
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    A Tier Zero Fleet(and we are trying to build it up) probably is not about access to Fleet gear and Fleet ships. And probably will not be for a very long time. Because [TRIBBLE], Jim! We're gamers, not retailers!

After soon to be eight years of daily play, I find the social aspects of this game the most fun. I'm not chasing the latest ship or the highest DPS or the newest shinee any more. I'm getting together with people who enjoy an online game which is Star Trek based.
    Who don't care how much I do or do not contribute to the Fleet. Who just want that human connection to someone else with similar interests. Who think doing crazy stuff once in awhile, like running a Tau Dewa Daily with the entire team flying shuttles, is nerve-wrackingly hilarious. Who like me for who I am. Warts and all.

Here in McVittie's Marauders/The House of Arrgh, we just want someone to play STO with. We're on both sides of the Atlantic and there is always someone in either Discord or the game. If you're not in a Fleet currently, or if you think your current Fleet is not quite the right fit for you, give us a try. We're looking for people to join us. There is plenty of both time and opportunity to help create something you will be pleased to be a part of.
    To badly misquote The Bard, "The game! The game's the thing! Wherein we'll play together like kings!"

I didn't want to be a Fleet recruiter but, hey, somebody has to.
    Please contact me ingame at @thunderfoot1007 if you are interested.
  • Options
    A Tier Zero Fleet(and we are trying to build it up) probably is not about access to Fleet gear and Fleet ships. And probably will not be for a very long time. Because [TRIBBLE], Jim! We're gamers, not retailers!

After soon to be eight years of daily play, I find the social aspects of this game the most fun. I'm not chasing the latest ship or the highest DPS or the newest shinee any more. I'm getting together with people who enjoy an online game which is Star Trek based.
    Who don't care how much I do or do not contribute to the Fleet. Who just want that human connection to someone else with similar interests. Who think doing crazy stuff once in awhile, like running a Tau Dewa Daily with the entire team flying shuttles, is nerve-wrackingly hilarious. Who like me for who I am. Warts and all.

Here in McVittie's Marauders/The House of Arrgh, we just want someone to play STO with. We're on both sides of the Atlantic and there is always someone in either Discord or the game. If you're not in a Fleet currently, or if you think your current Fleet is not quite the right fit for you, give us a try. We're looking for people to join us. There is plenty of both time and opportunity to help create something you will be pleased to be a part of.
    To badly misquote The Bard, "The game! The game's the thing! Wherein we'll play together like kings!"

I didn't want to be a Fleet recruiter but, hey, somebody has to.
    Please contact me ingame at @thunderfoot1007 if you are interested.

Yeah, what he said.

You can also contact me in-game; @ajm1067. We are on Discord and there is a website on Blogger, which has a forum attached. There is a contact form there also, so you can also contact me through that.
    Website
    Discord
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Are there Fleets whose Holdings are fully built busy recruiting? Yup. Sure are.
    Can they offer access to all the cool gear and the benefits? Yup. Sure can.

Against all of that, and those are formidable draws to someone wanting something, what can we offer to a prospective Fleet member?

- 1) Potential Fleet members are individuals, not members of the thundering herd.
    Hard sometimes to be heard or noticed over the crowd or 'personalities' in a large Fleet. We are expanding and growing and recruiting, yes. However, as long time players of Star Trek Online, we've been there and done that. Got the T shirt, too. This time we are looking to make the Fleet a more personable and personal experience. We want our fleets to be about people getting together regularly to play STO. A special group who know you. Not just your character and how much Dilithium you have.

- 2) Potential Fleet members are not required to actively support completing Fleet projects.
    You've seen it before. A Fleet email which begins with, "Contribute or else!". You wanna contribute? Great! Thank you very much!
    But we'd rather you login and spend some time with us. Even if all you're doing is chatting with us via Discord.

- 3) Potential Fleet members with concerns or issues or questions will be answered ASAP.
    I login every day. Have done so since March 2012. I cannot speak for others in the Fleet. However, I can and will do everything reasonable to address a Fleetmate's concerns or problems as fast as I can. Even if it means I have to give up game time and free time to do so.
    Why? Because they are my Fleetmate. Do I really need a better reason than this one? Nope. Sure don't.

- 4) Lastly, a purely selfish reason.
    We want to login and play this game with somebody. STO is very enjoyable to play solo while treating everyone else as an NPC.
    It is even more enjoyable when played with someone else. Or several someone elses.

In closing, what can we offer right now? I guess you'd call them, 'intangibles'. Think back on all the games you've played before this one. Weren't even the bad ones good when you had someone else to play them with? Yup. Exactly. That's what we're trying for.

Please contact me ingame using @thunderfoot1007 And thank you for slogging through this wall. Much appreciated.

Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
  • Options
    Thank You and Welcome to our newest Fleet member, @billy#7132! We appreciate you choosing us to play STO with.
  • Options
    This is shameless bump.

I didn't think this would go as well as it has so far. Fed and KDF Mines are moving along nicely. They'll be T3 sooner than I expected. Which means Dilithium Discounts for all other Projects.

Still plenty of room in both Fleets for new members.

• Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    This is shameless bump.

I didn't think this would go as well as it has so far. Fed and KDF Mines are moving along nicely. They'll be T3 sooner than I expected. Which means Dilithium Discounts for all other Projects.

Still plenty of room in both Fleets for new members.

Hi, I'd be interested in joining both fleets! I'm really looking for a fleet that's socially active. Thanks to my character rotation i've got plenty of access to resources to donate.

warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Website
    Discord
  • Options
    Thank you @darkbladejk
    Website
    Discord