test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Claim Your Admiralty Ships Automatically!

13»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    A very nice QoL update. Now about auto populate....

As they do with DOFF assignments I agree, would be really good.

I'm still impressed with this function alone, another well done by Cryptic in what seems a too often dreary & lukewarm atmosphere.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    otisnoble wrote: »
    OK dumb question from senile old man, ship selector? is that the manage ship or the person you buy ships from or is there someone special hiding in a dark corner? Do I need to click on something? If it is the regular dudes then I've gone there and I did not get anything,

If you open the Amiralty or Doff window and claim a completed mission; it updates all your Admiralty ships in a flash - and you'd need to scroll back on the chat log to see it.

If y9ou did that at any time before you went to the Ship Vendor, your character was already updated before you got there.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    - Update Reputation Borg, Romulan, Nukara to the current system, so add Currency Modules & Full Sets of Space & Ground.

Technically there is a Romulan ground set, it's just hidden in the Uneasy Allies mission rewards. Just need to run the mission 3-4 times.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Thank you for this, now if there only were a filter option for temp. and permanent Admiralty ships...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    I have one character with 90 ships but only 66 are copied to others, none are on the no copy list.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @alyxvixen#3895 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Technically there is a Romulan ground set, it's just hidden in the Uneasy Allies mission rewards. Just need to run the mission 3-4 times.
    Technically, there is a second Romulan Ground Set from the Mission 'Survivor'. Again, three runs to get the Perserverence Set (Romulan Operative).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2020
    Well, some may be single use Phoenix Replicas, some may be ships you acquired outside of Events: Lockbox, Mirror T5 Ships, Fleet Ships, Lockbox Consolation Prize T5s (Malon, Kazon, APU, etc.), Phoenix Token acquisitions. Some may be Epic Admiralty Ships that you haven't been awarded for completing Admiralty Reputations.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    After playing around with this for a bit, I can honestly say I am rather impressed.

This is very nearly idiot-proof in its implementation, very cool.

It would be better if there were no ships that didn't work with it, but thankfully that list is rather short.

Overall a welcome QoL improvement.

Much appreciated, Cryptic.

Thank you.
  • drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Hi All, Devs and Support: Just wondering if there be a sell on ships & expansion packs so we can get more Admiralty ships? I like to buy a expansion or few ships :)
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hi All, Devs and Support: Just wondering if there be a sell on ships & expansion packs so we can get more Admiralty ships? I like to buy a expansion or few ships :)
    As a matter of fact, the new Legacy bundle will be on sale next week for a discounted price. That will give you 10 ships.
    There's better deals for sure, but except for new bundles, they will never announce sales ahead of time. Asking is futile, as they will never tell you. Always the day they start.
    If you check various places online, there's historical information on past sales you can reference to make your own judgement of when a sale might occur.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    otisnoble wrote: »
    OK dumb question from senile old man, ship selector? is that the manage ship or the person you buy ships from or is there someone special hiding in a dark corner? Do I need to click on something? If it is the regular dudes then I've gone there and I did not get anything,
    If you open the Amiralty or Doff window and claim a completed mission; it updates all your Admiralty ships in a flash - and you'd need to scroll back on the chat log to see it.

If y9ou did that at any time before you went to the Ship Vendor, your character was already updated before you got there.
    Oh it might make your chat log EXPLODE. In my case it made so many fly-ins that they scrolled off the screen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

I'm still impressed with this function alone, another well done by Cryptic in what seems a too often dreary & lukewarm atmosphere.

Yep. It is a nice thing to be sure. Still meaningless to me because I dont want to spend the time to select and match ships as well as waiting for things to load in menu -etc... Nonetheless I can appreciate the effort ergo my original post.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User

Yep. It is a nice thing to be sure. Still meaningless to me because I dont want to spend the time to select and match ships as well as waiting for things to load in menu -etc... Nonetheless I can appreciate the effort ergo my original post.

That is pretty much the only reason I don't do admiralty past each campaigns' level 10. If we could get an auto-selector like the DOFF's CO recommendations, I'd do them more.
    I do appreciate the auto-claim though, it will certainly help out new alts until I get them to level 10 in the campaigns at least.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    [..]
    That is pretty much the only reason I don't do admiralty past each campaigns' level 10. If we could get an auto-selector like the DOFF's CO recommendations, I'd do them more.
    I do appreciate the auto-claim though, it will certainly help out new alts until I get them to level 10 in the campaigns at least.

Yep. Yep. I'm the same...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • meimeitoo wrote: »
    Just the cards :)

Which is a very good thing. I literally spent hours, on my Rom, claiming c-store ships (from my Fed), unpack them to roster, then discharging them again, and rinse and repeat.

I have done this too and I have currently 38 alts, so this will really save on the non-admirals when they come up. I didn't realized how much I need this until I saw it working.
    "Look Agent Daniels I just don't think I would do well in 1200 years in the future."

And yet here I am.

12th Century Swedish knight turned Star Trek Captain
    I did verify that the exception ships listed did not auto-populate. Now, the Scorpion was there but since it was a Small Craft, if you owned it you could have already claimed it. I did, however, see it in the listing of Ships added automatically in the log.

Ships that you have in the Promotions Tab - the Vizier from Whiz Kids, the Mirror Guardian, and the Mirror Danube, for example, were also NOT added automatically.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Thanks for saving us from the tedium.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      The ships in the new Legacy Pack do NOT automatically have their Admiralty Cards added. I had to claim the ship to get it.
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      they do, but the ships all need to be claimed at least once before the auto-claim system recognizes them​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
      Oh, OK. Thanks.
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Was anyone able to get the Event Ship (Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser) to autoclaim the card?

I claimed the ship on one character, but it's not awarding on my alts.. I have to re-claim it with everyone. If it's just me.. cool, otherwise I'll make a bug report.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
      The new event ship is not claiming automatically, i am having to go in manually to claim her?
      Malfunction :)
      No. I logged on with a different Character last night and didn't see it come down. I got back on that Character this morning, didn't see it, and then checked Admiralty and it was not there. Claimed the Ship and the Card came down.

I'll bet that the ship was being worked on and did not have the auto claim code within its setup as the package was created before that code became part of the overall code base. We have had this happen before with the introduction of the Delta Reputation. Marks Award boxes did not auto open when you were awarded Marks. All other Reputations had been changed to auto open a month or so before Delta Rising's release.

We have seen it with Lobi Store items and ships and Winter or Summer Store new items after the Event is over.
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Thank you guys, I filed it as a bug report. :smile:
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • honjalhonjal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      I've not been able to automatically claim any admirality card with my new DOM toon after joining the FED. During the prolog-mission I've been able to claim some DOM- and Event-ships automatically. Only worked one time, but not anymore :(
    • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
      Was anyone able to get the Event Ship (Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser) to autoclaim the card?

Both myself and my boyfriend have had the Khitomer (it appears in the list as Assault Battlecruiser, NOT Khitomer Battlecruiser) auto-populate in our admiralty lists. Same with the Scorpion on both Feds and KDF.