test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ENTERPRISE CONTENT... WHEN? :-/

Comments

• conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    ...we don't have any of the weapons (phase pistols, EM Pistols, plasma/pulse rifles, MACO weapons, spatial torpedoes, phase cannons)...

wait aren't these
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assault_Phaser_weapons_(ground)#Stun_Pistol
    from Enterprise?

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ...we don't have any of the weapons (phase pistols, EM Pistols, plasma/pulse rifles, MACO weapons, spatial torpedoes, phase cannons)...

wait aren't these
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assault_Phaser_weapons_(ground)#Stun_Pistol
    from Enterprise?

No, those are from Star Trek VI:The Undiscovered Country (rifles didn't appear in the movie so the devs designed them to resemble the pistols).

These are the various weapons that were in Enterprise:

Starfleet:
    c126492730001cfd23b186b0ebca7500.png

MACO:
    b9160073e930b3decc35a411d473916d.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind, I liked Enterprise...there was definitely some facepalm moments but over all no real complaints.

Always thought a fraction would be cool...not to hard, only need a handful of missions. Transporter effect is unique from the other, maybe give it and the warp effects a silver or white color instead of blue to keep it unique.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I would like a Xindi playable faction. I get that they are part of the Federation, but I think they'd cool having a crew composed of the 5 races of the Xindi maybe 6 if they bring back the Avians.
    Speaking of Enterprise content and races, still would love to see the Republic get playable Suliban
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    We must save Porthos!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Agreed, it would be cool to see. However I think Cryptic have more than enough story content to chew on just with the new shows coming out, it's quite a turn of events really. If you think about it Cryptic was the sole creator of "prime" timeline Star Trek content (excluding comics and books) for quite a number of years. The only films coming out were from the Kelvin timeline and those were very infrequent. Now we have Discovery, Picard and a number of other shows penned by CBS... a number of which I'm not overly enthused about. Especially the rumored Section 31 show.

Regardless of this though, all these new shows means that Cryptic has to "keep up" if they want to capitalise on fans getting into Star Trek via the new shows and into the game. This means that sadly they're going to probably struggle to make content for shows like Enterpise as well as all these newcomers.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Trouble with adding enterprise stuff now is that disco has seemingly decided that the klinks never got had the augment virus that made the smooth headed kirk era and rather evolved into the rubbery things that speak with a mouthful of marbles.
    Or the jump in technology that had vanished by the time kirk left spacedock.

Enterprise might have wobbled more than the other series but the characters were far more interesting that the one dimensional disco crew like burnham who just seems like a ripoff seven with bit of worf backstory to avoid being a direct clone.
    Enterprise disappointed me with its inconsistency and weak characters, but its worst failing was that it didn't reach for its potential. They politicking and interaction with the Andorians, Tellarites and Vulcans as they all moved toward Federation... THAT was a show that could have gone where no Star Trek had gone before.

Imo they should have had the Romulans in the show from the very beginning, manipulating each faction while remaining mostly out of sight themselves, similar to the Shadows in the early seasons of Babylon 5. By the time finally introduced the Romulans in season 4 and started building towards the war the network had already given up on the show.

Travis was also in desperate need of some character development.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It's not a matter of storylines only. They could add an ENT episode per year or two years. However, though we did get some content, we didn't get content that can be utilized for various ways and ENT was responcible for. First off, Holographic officers. They don't have to be voiced. Also they could make order issuing staff of these, no VO there needed either. They exist at least since TNG era as data in that holodeck program they've chosen as the final ENT episode.

Vulcan Ships other than the D'Kyr. They could make off-duty unis wearable as normal by Vulcan chosen crews(if one creates the player character to be a Vulcan) and the Boffs too. I have such a crew and not being able to use the IDIC badge on them lessens the experience, also obviously not having Vulcan T6 ships other than 2 scout types which aren't the greatest options frankly. There were plenty ring ships in ENT and then there is the Apollo class too. AND those bridges!!!
    Including the NX one! What the...? Why are they(at least some of them) not there?

Also, weaps, obviously those displayed above both the phase versions and EMs are quite stylish. Vulcan official suits(like Soval and dare I say that the fan project Axanar, I know it miffs alot of you, but man those Soval robes on the trailer were awesome! They could certainly give us materials to make a close enough version to those!). Vulcan phaser which happens to be the cut-off repainted version of a Hirogen pistol that we currently don't have, though the rifle version exists!!! Maybe Stone of Gol?(TNG I know but existed then as well). Augments traits. They could also make some hangar fighters based on the Rom Drone design too.

Also for storylines, I'm interested in the book that attempts to give a different story to the years 2155-2161 of the Federation, and is Section-31 related, since that show is coming after PIC 1st season. Plus that story if you think of it is what they told you actually happened with hints(like Tucker smiling and winking when he was supposedly dying). Also the first season and what happened there is more relative considering season 3 of DISC.

I currently don't have an ENT based Toon. If they added stuff I would have more incentive to make one.
    Adm. Necheyev didn't own ANY Starfleet ships. Starfleet did. Also she didn't make one bolt, connect a single wire, gelpack or device, or otherwise helped on making them. I find it presumptuous she claimed it was HER ships. In fact saying as much would probably warranty a reprimand from any of her superiors in Federation and possibly not participating in said actions as other superior personnel do, would in our days(2409 onwards) result in herself facing the same fate as what she has threatened, in that same penal colony.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Trouble with adding enterprise stuff now is that disco has seemingly decided that the klinks never got had the augment virus that made the smooth headed kirk era and rather evolved into the rubbery things that speak with a mouthful of marbles.

Or the Augment Virus never affected THE ENTIRE population. Only the ones we see in TOS were affected, while the ones in Discovery were from a region of the Empire never affected.
    While the virus was widespread... its hard to believe that an ENTIRE species that is space fairing would be infected. As for appearance... whos to say its not another ethnic group. *shrug* Aliens can be just as diverse as humans, maybe even more dramatically.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Or the Augment Virus never affected THE ENTIRE population. Only the ones we see in TOS were affected, while the ones in Discovery were from a region of the Empire never affected.
    While the virus was widespread... its hard to believe that an ENTIRE species that is space fairing would be infected. As for appearance... whos to say its not another ethnic group. *shrug* Aliens can be just as diverse as humans, maybe even more dramatically.

Imo the klingons don't really matter anyway. The next story arc Enterprise was going to do if it didn't get canceled was the romulan war, so if Cryptic ever made content set during that era I think that's what they should explore. To preserve the "no one ever saw a romulan" plot point ground combat missions could have us exclusively fighting remans, with it being made clear to the characters early on that they are not actually romulans themselves.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Enterprise disappointed me with its inconsistency and weak characters, but its worst failing was that it didn't reach for its potential. They politicking and interaction with the Andorians, Tellarites and Vulcans as they all moved toward Federation... THAT was a show that could have gone where no Star Trek had gone before.

Imo they should have had the Romulans in the show from the very beginning, manipulating each faction while remaining mostly out of sight themselves, similar to the Shadows in the early seasons of Babylon 5. By the time finally introduced the Romulans in season 4 and started building towards the war the network had already given up on the show.

Travis was also in desperate need of some character development.

He was kinda like the Harry Kim of Enterprise, and to a lesser degree Hoshi, seems like since Voyager they just stopped respecting Ensigns.

Except that doesn't work because they were at Qo'nos itself...you trying to say the homeworld wasn't affected nor any of the great houses by the virus and every single time in TOS they just happened to meet the rare few that were affected? The virus was widespread throughout multiple planets.
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Also, the ring style warp drives that some Vulcan and Romulan ships use came from ENT originally.
    You Mean ENT stole them from the Star Wars Prequels...

signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    rjewkes wrote: »
    Also, the ring style warp drives that some Vulcan and Romulan ships use came from ENT originally.

Or based them of the 'Enterprise Ringship' shown in the recreation area of the 1701 in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" from 1979:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnshOTJ9snk
    ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    lianthelia wrote: »

Except that doesn't work because they were at Qo'nos itself...you trying to say the homeworld wasn't affected nor any of the great houses by the virus and every single time in TOS they just happened to meet the rare few that were affected? The virus was widespread throughout multiple planets.

The initial outbreak of the virus was not on Qo'nos, and Phlox helped them develop a method to stabilize the virus that also made it so that it was no longer contagious (if they hadn't, the Empire was going to destroy every affected world).

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Or maybe they did get it, but it affected them differently. Genetic engineering in science fiction is a roll of the dice. Might get Hollywood superstars, might get lizard zombie mutants. The klingorcs lost that roll.

The initial outbreak of the virus was not on Qo'nos, and Phlox helped them develop a method to stabilize the virus that also made it so that it was no longer contagious (if they hadn't, the Empire was going to destroy every affected world).

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus

Yeah but we don't know how far it went and how many more were infected before the cure was distributed all over. Like I said in my last post to just run into nothing but the augment infected Klingons is a very high improbability...as is not a single of the great houses getting infected.
    Yeah but we don't know how far it went and how many more were infected before the cure was distributed all over. Like I said in my last post to just run into nothing but the augment infected Klingons is a very high improbability...as is not a single of the great houses getting infected.

I don't think that's accurate.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kor
    Kor himself was affected, and the House of Kor is one of the Great Houses.

Also I did say that it was widespread. I just pointed out that it is highly unlikely that the entire Empire was infected.
    And considering the number of Klingons we deal with in TOS... that is not an accurate represntation of an entire population. Hell... we have three notable Klingons with Kang, Kor, and Koloth, each commanding a D7. Three ships. *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

I don't think that's accurate.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kor
    Kor himself was affected, and the House of Kor is one of the Great Houses.

Also I did say that it was widespread. I just pointed out that it is highly unlikely that the entire Empire was infected.
    And considering the number of Klingons we deal with in TOS... that is not an accurate represntation of an entire population. Hell... we have three notable Klingons with Kang, Kor, and Koloth, each commanding a D7. Three ships. *shrug*
    Which is an interesting point... We know House Kor was infected, and the Kirk had dealings with them, and that Kang and Koloth were allies or friends of Kor.... were they part of the same house?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    rjewkes wrote: »

Eh? I've not seen nothing like the Vulcan ring nacelles in the SW Prequels, closest in the in the Hyperdrive ring for the Jedi Starfighters but even that isn't that close apart from being a ring and red.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    I'd agree that the Enterprise-era is well-served by the game, but one of the claims for the game is that you can make a character for every Star Trek era which is not true for Enterprise. This makes sense, though. That era would have had very little Starfleet-Infrastructure beyond Earth's solar system so we wouldn't have much to do.

However, it'd be nice to have 2 things:

1 - Some of the Enterprise-era cast returning to voice their characters, however contrived it is to get them in a mission, or to voice a descendant of that character, as Jeffrey Combs gave voice to a DSC-era Andorian character.

2 - Whatever new ships come to the game, it's be nice to have skin options that were more akin to the Enterprise-era. DSC-era ships tend to look more like this already, though, I suppose...

Uh, 3 - Whenever new ships come to the game, it'd be nice to have some TOS-era themed parts every now and then.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Technically the Anniv FEs are Ent related. Loosely related that is, but the Sphere Builders, IE Noye's Wife, are from Ent. And we see the NX-01 later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Which is an interesting point... We know House Kor was infected, and the Kirk had dealings with them, and that Kang and Koloth were allies or friends of Kor.... were they part of the same house?

Memory Alpha doesn't list any House affiliation for Kang and Koloth. At least not that I could see.
    And the fact that Kor was affected while Kol and his father weren't... I wonder if at first Kor was seen in a negative light until he proved himself by his actions. Might explain why Kor himself was nowhere near Qo'nos. Most of the Augment Virus affected members of the Klingon military were probably dispatched to the frontier because of the stigma associated with the Virus, only to backfire as three of their greatest, who would one day become Dahar Masters, were military geniuses on the frontier, which actually gave them more opprotunities to gain honor and respect in the military through deeds rather than politics.

But that is probably just headcanon. Until we learn more about Kor's exploits, not much can be said one way or the other as to why he was not around Qo'nos in the 2250s.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Actually, it would be funny if characters from ST:Enterprise stepped out of the holodeck at Starfleet Academy, poking fun at a U.S.S. Pegasus holonovel.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    > @kellmg96#5851 said:
    > We haven't had one tng update....
    > Geordi, worf, sela/yar yes
    > Stuff based on tng episodes
    > But no real tng arc

This game is based on TNG. Beam up: TNG, tricorder: TNG, Combadge: TNG, Warp our: TNG
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    > @kellmg96#5851 said:
    > We haven't had one tng update....
    > Geordi, worf, sela/yar yes
    > Stuff based on tng episodes
    > But no real tng arc

This game is based on TNG. Beam up: TNG, tricorder: TNG, Combadge: TNG, Warp our: TNG

Not anymore. IE - If you pick the AoY/TOS faction for a Character, you get the TOS beam out effects and communicator flip animation. You also get the TOS Tricoder sound effect and different 'Scan' animation. Same if you select the AoD/ST: D faction for a Character - you get the ST: D Tricorder sound effect, different scan animation, and beam out and a communicator flip animation<--- Although when they first released that faction, it was (incorrectly) using the Comm Bade Tap animation. ;).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.