test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody is having an error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with the client?

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
It's not a bug report, just a question, because i had it, but i think i solve it by removing the Physix software from my system, not a single CTD after that, so i wanted to know if somebody else is having that problem :smile:
The forces of darkness are upon us!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    not yet :p Did your problem occur after the last Nvidia pilots update?
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Nothing to do with the game, nor your Physix. It's an issue with the latest patch of Windows 10 KB4524244: https://youtu.be/rFvkEhVdp14

Don't worry that Windows will reinstall the update as MicroSoft has pulled down the patch.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I dont have that patch, fresh instalation of 1809 with Windows Update disabled, as is my gaming notebook, and every single time i have physix, it just died, Also my work notebook suffers the same problem until i unninstalled that software, weird, i know!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I dont have that patch, fresh instalation of 1809 with Windows Update disabled, as is my gaming notebook, and every single time i have physix, it just died, Also my work notebook suffers the same problem until i unninstalled that software, weird, i know!
    gaevsman wrote: »

notebook =/ physix

sorry maybe I am a dino but dont you need a dedicated physics processor for that? I dont see a notebook having the oomph to do it. maybe a modern gaming laptop...
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    No, physix is an nvidia software that uses your GPU for that process, its included since the gtx 600M series, i think... i have a lot of notebooks with nvidia GPU chipsets, because the software we use in the office requires CUDA support :smile:
This discussion has been closed.