test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need some input

kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
Would anyone mind seeing what they think of my Starship Trait choices please? :3

Honored Dead
History Will Remember
Target Rich Environment
Numerical Superiority
Emergency Weapon Cycle

I mainly fly my Temporal Heavy Dreadnought (Universe Class, the Ent J in other words) and my Tier 6 Vesta, but I do have others I like to fly, just those are my two most used ships.

Im trying to do a balance of high damage output and ease of survivability and so far this build has worked great, but is there any way that I can improve it trait wise?

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I'll love to help, but my Universe class is more spec on carriers and support, thou have a lot of antiproton damage enhacers, so my ship is designed to do more damage with it's pets.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Looks like mostly defensive ones? Honored Dead is good, along with History Will Remember. Emergency Weapon Cycle is also good. I don't know what the other two do honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Looks like mostly defensive ones? Honored Dead is good, along with History Will Remember. Emergency Weapon Cycle is also good. I don't know what the other two do honestly.

Actually History Will Remember is an offensive one

Can build up to 30 stacks, infinite duration, at 30 stacks you have 30% all damage, and 30% Hull Regen, and increases hull up to 30% to so I suppose it is defensive and offensive :O

Target Rich Environment gives you a stacking damage buff during Beam Array Fire At Will or Cannon Scatter Volley, the stack builds at a rate of 4 stacks per second that caps at 30% extra directed energy damage.

Numerical Superiority gives you 10 to 50% more damage against a target that your allies are also attacking :3
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's hard to give you an accurate assesment without knowing your full build, but none of the traits you listed are considered 'bad.'

Target Rich Environment isn't great, it's not a huge boost and it only happens every so often, still.. it's not bad. If you're running Aux2Bat and have access to the T6 Breen Raider then 'Cold Hearted' is a very good trait. Assuming you're using Beams you could look into Re-Directing Arrays. For Carrier ships, if you can afford it.. then Superior Area Denial is fantastic.

If you want a more comprehensive list of some of the better traits available, please have a look at the DPS League Guide. It's a pretty comprehensive listing. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Without knowing your build, how you play the ship, and what traits you have its hard to suggest anything different. One trait you should have soon if not already, though, is automated shield alignment, so consider using that to replace numerical superiority if you tend to hull tank and ignore your shields.
    It's hard to give you an accurate assesment without knowing your full build, but none of the traits you listed are considered 'bad.'

Target Rich Environment isn't great, it's not a huge boost and it only happens every so often, still.. it's not bad. If you're running Aux2Bat and have access to the T6 Breen Raider then 'Cold Hearted' is a very good trait. Assuming you're using Beams you could look into Re-Directing Arrays. For Carrier ships, if you can afford it.. then Superior Area Denial is fantastic.

If you want a more comprehensive list of some of the better traits available, please have a look at the DPS League Guide. It's a pretty comprehensive listing. :smile:

Hmm, I'll do what I can to get Superior Area Denial :3

Thanks you :3
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It's probably a bit more tank-oriented than what you're looking for, but I run these on my Durgath(KDF counterpart to the Universe).

-Improved Temporal Insight (It's nice to have an on-demand immunity to soak mass warp core breaches while flying a ship with a giant hit-box)
    -Emergency Response Team
    -History Will Remember
    -Legacy of Qo'nos (I use disruptors and temp powers on my build; alternative to Emergency Weapon Cycle)
    -Automated Shield Alignment

It has little trouble parking(Anchored captain trait) and tanking the full fury of To Hell With Honor's final wave when you get one of 'those' groups. The stun-locking sucks, but it has enough redundancies to hold through it.

(To be fair, it's not as efficient as my evasion tank; but then, what's the point of having a huge ship if you can't just be stupid and park in the middle of a battlefield with it?)
    Post edited by szerontzur on
    szerontzur wrote: »
    It's probably a bit more tank-oriented than what you're looking for, but I run these on my Durgath(KDF counterpart to the Universe).

-Improved Temporal Insight (It's nice to have an on-demand immunity to soak mass warp core breaches while flying a ship with a giant hit-box)
    -Emergency Response Team
    -History Will Remember
    -Legacy of Qo'nos (I use disruptors and temp powers on my build; alternative to Emergency Weapon Cycle)
    -Automated Shield Alignment

It has little trouble parking(Anchored captain trait) and tanking the full fury of To Hell With Honor's final wave when you get one of 'those' groups. The stun-locking sucks, but it has enough redundancies to hold through it.

(To be fair, it's not as efficient as my evasion tank; but then, what's the point of having a huge ship if you can't just be stupid and park in the middle of a battlefield with it?)

I'll probably pick up Automated Shield Alignment, with how much Im hit the damage bonus will be pretty consistent :D