test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Oh, and lest we forget, it's not just the seating from MW to TO, but they removed an entire console from Disco connie as well!
    It's not a miracle worker ship so why would you expect anything different?

coldnapalm wrote: »
    EVERY T6 ship is OP for the content of this game.
    This is absolutely true outside of maybe the Samsar which is a horribly imbalanced ship that's just worthless. While the Temporal DSC Constitution is a clear downgrade from the Miracle Worker version, it's still a beast of a ship. I just finished testing it out and it just wrecks everything in it's path and the Elite Pets are just ridiculously powerful.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    For those who insist about a Warship Voyager, this is an excerpt from what I said in another Thread:

'Well, here was an opportunity to use the Dyson mechanic, recently used on the Mirror Crossfield and the Section 31 Intel Ship. Instead of the Commander Science swapping, you swap the Lt. Commander Engineering/Pilot and the Lt. Tactical. You can move or not that Pilot seeting.

Put in an Experimental Weapon activated when the Ship is in Warship Mode. Add an extra Universal Console Slot, taken from Science. Now you can have either four Tactical or six Science. You don't want to take it from Engineering as that could make a seven Science Console possible. Just too much.'

That's a real good idea & would've been impressive if done by Cryptic, but alas it was probably too much effort for them if they even thought about doing something like that at all but would've been a good scenario to attempt it ... again.
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > Oh, and lest we forget, it's not just the seating from MW to TO, but they removed an entire console from Disco connie as well!

I really struggle to feel bad for you fedophiles when you get unlimited fed wide access to all the toys. I don't even get to look at this pack as all we get on our side is a whole 10 traits. Every kdf player I know would be more then happy to take a dumbed down disco d7 to get unlimited access to the toys that come with it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh, and lest we forget, it's not just the seating from MW to TO, but they removed an entire console from Disco connie as well!

I'm sorry...but if you care about stats and pick the connie or donnie from a promo pack...you are doing it wrong. Unless you have all the ships from a promo pack that has better stats...i.e. you are the .0000001% of the whale population that has done so, the promo connie and donnie is picked for the skin...not the stats.

Now you're trying too hard. :) Ad absurdum, really, as the Discovery Connie, like all things TOS, has that legendary skin people want, but is primarily sought afer because, with 8 weapons + 2 wickedly good pets, it's de facto a T7 ship (even when not in name). And now it can only fit 3 Locators. The pets help save the day, for certain; but as the poster above you so frankly admitted to, "The Temporal DSC Constitution is a clear downgrade from the Miracle Worker version."
    The stats of the ships in this pack is almost meaningless. Also you DID get an OP ToS connie and the donnie. EVERY T6 ship is OP for the content of this game.

Yeah, saw this one coming too. :) We're back at the old "I can finish all content in a T1 Miranda, with only 1 green wep." mantra. And I don't doubt you could, even. And while I'm overall very happy with my Legendary ships, even with the gimped Temporal DSC Constitution (it still rocks), I will always feel sad knowing that 'good' could have been 'awesomesauce'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    tidetogo1 wrote: »
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > Oh, and lest we forget, it's not just the seating from MW to TO, but they removed an entire console from Disco connie as well!

I really struggle to feel bad for you fedophiles when you get unlimited fed wide access to all the toys. I don't even get to look at this pack as all we get on our side is a whole 10 traits. Every kdf player I know would be more then happy to take a dumbed down disco d7 to get unlimited access to the toys that come with it.

We were actually taking about that, the other day, in chat, how there's litterally NOT A SNGLE ship in the bundle for the Klink. If you think about that, it's a bit absurd, really. Sure, there was no Rom ship in it either, but who cares, right!? I can still use all the Feds ships. An anniversary bundle, of all events, I feel should have been a wee more Faction-inclusive.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    For those who insist about a Warship Voyager, this is an excerpt from what I said in another Thread:

'Well, here was an opportunity to use the Dyson mechanic, recently used on the Mirror Crossfield and the Section 31 Intel Ship. Instead of the Commander Science swapping, you swap the Lt. Commander Engineering/Pilot and the Lt. Tactical. You can move or not that Pilot seeting.

Put in an Experimental Weapon activated when the Ship is in Warship Mode. Add an extra Universal Console Slot, taken from Science. Now you can have either four Tactical or six Science. You don't want to take it from Engineering as that could make a seven Science Console possible. Just too much.'

That's a real good idea & would've been impressive if done by Cryptic, but alas it was probably too much effort for them if they even thought about doing something like that at all but would've been a good scenario to attempt it ... again.

+1 for the idea; and +1 for realizing it's probably too late for that to happen.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Come on, you have been playing this games for years now and shoudl realize that the Universal Console slot is a feature of Miracle Worker ships. If it's not a Miracle Worker ship, it doesn't get it. If it is a Temporal ship, instead it gets Molecular Reconstruction and a Death Ray.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Come on, you have been playing this games for years now and shoudl realize that the Universal Console slot is a feature of Miracle Worker ships. If it's not a Miracle Worker ship, it doesn't get it. If it is a Temporal ship, instead it gets Molecular Reconstruction and a Death Ray.

Is the Maquis Raider a MW ship? It has MW seating and the 12th slot, But I've never seen 'Miracle Worker' in its name.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Yup. The Maquis Raider is classified as a full Miracle Worker ship. It has the mechanic.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Maquis_Raider
    If a ship has a full spec mechanic, then it is a full spec ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Is the Maquis Raider a MW ship? It has MW seating and the 12th slot, But I've never seen 'Miracle Worker' in its name.

If the Commander seat is hybrid with a specialization, so far every single ship has had all the ship benefits associated with that specialization, and ships that don't have a Commander Hybrid seat don't get the ship benefits associated with the specialization!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

If the Commander seat is hybrid with a specialization, so far every single ship has had all the ship benefits associated with that specialization, and ships that don't have a Commander Hybrid seat don't get the ship benefits associated with the specialization!

Okay, thanks guys for clearing that up. I thought I had ships with MW seats, but weren't full Miracle Worker; but, in hindsight, I probably remembered wrong. :o
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Ironically, changing that 1 LtCmdr seat to SCI, the loss of a console despite, has actually made the Donnie much more playable for me. :) No need for A2B anymore. Just PO2 + IPO (already suffices for getting things to global + 'Calm Before the Storm' (to take care of some of the MW/ENG skills with slightly longer cd), and you have a very sweet ship to play with. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It would be awkward in the name of a non-formal Ship. It is a partisan ship not part of a governmental military. Guerrilla bands would not like to advertise what their ships could do.

Maquis Miracle Worker Raider? Nah. Raider? Yeah. Maquis is just acting as an 'adjective' in this case.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Ironically, changing that 1 LtCmdr seat to SCI, the loss of a console despite, has actually made the Donnie much more playable for me. :) No need for A2B anymore. Just PO2 + IPO (already suffices for getting things to global + 'Calm Before the Storm' (to take care of some of the MW/ENG skills with slightly longer cd), and you have a very sweet ship to play with. :)

I managed to get a hold of a Disco Connie a few days after my birthday. I don't run A2B on her and I do pretty good. Got my standard cruiser build on my Discovery character and a pair of Elite Class C shuttles on her. Love those Class Cs. Beam Overload 3 and Aceton 3? Not bad at all. Just wish I had the Mirror Engle for Superior Area Denial now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    or Livestreams (where they talked about the stats)

To be fair on this point the livestreams have been constantly crashing the past few weeks, so I wouldn't blame anyone for missing info from them. When I go to check the VOD and see several short ones instead of one long one, some just a minute or two in length, I'm tempted to not even bother watching cause it's hard to tell if it's going to be worth the time.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    not sure why anyone would assume any of these ships would be the same in anyway as their counterparts when from day one when the ship was released people noticed the stat changes. posted the changes, discussed the changes, and argued them. Not sure how anyone could claim they were unaware.

Many of these ships have been massively upgraded from their originals. The legendary Connie is better then the Infinity Connie bar none. The legendary Assault cruiser far ahead of its predecessor, the discovery, the warship voyager, the warship defiant is so different that its not even the same ship class anymore. All of these are better ships then their originals.

You got 80% of what made the discovery constitution amazing for pennies on the dollar. The pets and the phasers, the iconic look, the bridge, plus two traits. So I am not seeing the problem.

If you want the other 20% you can always buy it off the market and no one would dispute you, unless you think 1.1-1.3B is too much for a single ship, then I would just as well assume you should be happy with what you have, since some players wont even be able to obtain even the stepped down version.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    We were actually taking about that, the other day, in chat, how there's litterally NOT A SNGLE ship in the bundle for the Klink. If you think about that, it's a bit absurd, really. Sure, there was no Rom ship in it either, but who cares, right!? I can still use all the Feds ships. An anniversary bundle, of all events, I feel should have been a wee more Faction-inclusive.

Personally I'm just worried that another bundle will show up with the counterpart KDF ships. I mean, I'd like a Disco D7, but I'm not made of Zen...
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    well the legendary pack isn't a bad deal. even without the sale you basicly get ten free ship slots.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

To be fair on this point the livestreams have been constantly crashing the past few weeks, so I wouldn't blame anyone for missing info from them. When I go to check the VOD and see several short ones instead of one long one, some just a minute or two in length, I'm tempted to not even bother watching cause it's hard to tell if it's going to be worth the time.

Yeah I think that was really a shame about not having the 10FW livestream function & lost opportunity for the peeps at Cryptic to give information, hype-up, & possibly answer questions about the Legendary pack prior to the release,especially for 2 or 3 weeks in a row. I saw a question in-game chat the other day that no one seemed able to answer regarding that Ross ship. It had something to do with shuttle bay doors being numbered 2 & 3 but there was no 1, you know the important stuff lol.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    lasonio wrote: »
    not sure why anyone would assume any of these ships would be the same in anyway as their counterparts when from day one when the ship was released people noticed the stat changes. posted the changes, discussed the changes, and argued them. Not sure how anyone could claim they were unaware.
    Not sure if anybody has claimed they were outright unaware. Perhaps more like initially caught a bit off guard? Two people mentioned the Discovery Constitution changes in the context of the specialization change in combination with the turn rate change was almost like 3 changes given that the spec change involved a move to more forward facing abilities.

I'll add an afterthought to the above - it may very well be that without the turn rate change this ship, in combination with it's new specialization, may very well have been better than it's much more expensive promo-pack counterpart, for some.

Due credit was also given that things were still in their earlier stages of testing and that further playstyle and/or build adjustments would most likely be necessary as well as further testing on different maps... the same sort of thing you'd end up doing with any other ship to realize it's potential.

As a follow up to all this will mention that the Legendary Temporal Flight-Deck Carrier is now a full time choice for at least one of my fed mains. That would be toon #3 from 2011. I can't give a ship a bigger compliment than that.
    You got 80% of what made the discovery constitution amazing for pennies on the dollar. The pets and the phasers, the iconic look, the bridge, plus two traits. So I am not seeing the problem.
    For myself, what was given was an acknowledgement of understanding a concern and initial feedback.
    Many of these ships have been massively upgraded from their originals.
    I agree completely.
    The legendary Connie is better then the Infinity Connie bar none. The legendary Assault cruiser far ahead of its predecessor, the discovery, the warship voyager, the warship defiant is so different that its not even the same ship class anymore.
    I agree completely.
    All of these are better ships then their originals.
    You could be right :smile:
    edited February 2020
    chrisf0001 wrote: »

Personally I'm just worried that another bundle will show up with the counterpart KDF ships. I mean, I'd like a Disco D7, but I'm not made of Zen...

It feels unlikely to me -- considering how they totally ignored the KDF in this bundle -- that they will make a bundle 'with the counterpart KDF ships' for Klingons. If it happens, though, more power to them! They deserve it. And I realized it's not just this bundle they missed out on, but also Admiralty. On my Rom, I was able to pick up ca. 150 or so Admiralty cards from my Fed, one day. Good luck doing that KDF-side!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    It would be awkward in the name of a non-formal Ship. It is a partisan ship not part of a governmental military. Guerrilla bands would not like to advertise what their ships could do.

Maquis Miracle Worker Raider? Nah. Raider? Yeah. Maquis is just acting as an 'adjective' in this case.

That's actually a very reasonable take on it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

I'm not so good (or willing, rather) to track what this or that Dev might have said in a thread somewhere at Reddit, but I always watch the livestream... except not live. :p Usually a week later or so, when it's just a recorded vid (with just chat replay).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

I'm not so good (or willing, rather) to track what this or that Dev might have said in a thread somewhere at Reddit, but I always watch the livestream... except not live. :p Usually a week later or so, when it's just a recorded vid (with just chat replay).

I have reddit, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook and this forum, yeah, is a lot. Once i programmed an app for my phone (windows phone), that did that for me, but Windows Phone is no more :disappointed:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    steaen wrote: »
    I could say I feel swindled; but then ten people will jump on me, eagerly pointing out that, legally, they never said the 2 R&D ships would be exactly the same, and yada, yada. But if they had been upfront about it, and advertised the bundle as "Get your Legendary bundle, now with 2 massively nerfed R&D ships!", I'm sure few there be that would have been so enthusiastic about it.

All the stats were available before the ships went on sale, so you could easily have just compared them to the stats for the R&D versions on the Wiki and judged from that how much of a step down you feel them to be.

How much more upfront did you want them to be than literally telling us what the stats of the pack versions were before anyone could buy them?

This is the usual type of reply I expected, like "You should have read the fineprint! It's all your fault!"

Thing is, being upfront is not burying the stats inside a huge pile of other stats, where the TOS ships were only announced a few days prior to the sale, so you essentially had to wait for someone to make a ship-by-ship comparative vid on all stats current and former, but to simply say "We're going to put some R&D ships in there, but they will be gimped."
    ^^^
    It's not a "fine print" situation (IE Your analogy is flawed). They posted the full stats of every single ship as openly as every other ship they released (Hey, I too, thought they were going to be exactly like the Lockbox/Promo ships UNTIL I went to the page and looked them over.) I'm kinda happy they're not because I paid alot for those Lockbox/Promo T6 Connies (JJ-Prise, TOS Terporal Connie and Disco Connie).

The fact they WERE different; the extra costume options that worked across all the ships of the same type (IE I could now have the straight up Donnie Nacelle Pylons of the original Eaves concept design on my Promo Pack Donnie) - plus the Advanced Donnie Phasers claimable for free (not 40K Dil a pop) and have those Phasers available account wide; and 10 (some pretty decent) ship traits that would also be account wide finally sold me on getting the basic 10 ship pack at the 'sale' price; instead of passing on it entirely. YMMV.

But yeah, I don't think it's all that 'snarky' to say that the full stats were posted before the pack was released. They` hid nothing and put all the info up; like they've done for every other ship be it C-Store, lock Box, Promo Box, or whatever.

the fact you wanted to 'assume'; and decided not to take a look at the available posted info isn't on Cryptic, or Cryptic's marketing team. it's on you. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle stats release date Monday Feb 10th. Ships available Thursday Feb 13th. Takes a rough look at the 10 ships. Nah... I can't afford the pack.

But wait. Zen sale announced Thursday Feb 13th. Numbers are now looking significantly better. Zen sale ends 0900 PST Monday Feb 17th. Four days of zen sale.

Yup, it's completely normal to compare and assess 20 ships (legendary & their counterparts) as well as some new traits in 4 days. No rush at all :smile:

At least one well know redditor who did some reviews on these ships mentioned something about significant sleep disruption :wink:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    In one or rwo minutes per ship, going from tab to tab in my browser on my mobile, I was easily able to see the differences in the Legendary vs. non-Legrndary Ships. I also know that I don't need to wait for our Fleet Shipyard to reach Tier V to get Fleet Level versions of the Pathfinder and Archon.

The Zen Charge Bonus was also very predictable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    So, one heads up guys, the Legednary crossfield (proably the normal one too) has a visual bug if you're using the Bajor defence shields and have the visuals enabled.
    In one or rwo minutes per ship, going from tab to tab in my browser on my mobile, I was easily able to see the differences in the Legendary vs. non-Legrndary Ships. ...
    The Zen Charge Bonus was also very predictable.
    I could as well. But quantifying the effect of the multiple changes was perhaps more difficult to assess than "being able to see" the differences.
This discussion has been closed.