test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possibility for Discovery S2 Enterprise Uniform?

ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
Whatever your thoughts are on the actual story etc of Discovery, one thing I really liked was the striking reimagining of the class TOS uniform worn by Pike and the other Enterprise crew.

I've tried to mimic it to the best of my ability in the tailor, however it's never going to be quite accurate (the shiny panelling on the side of the Discovery uniform give it away).

When you actually look at it, it wouldn't really take much in terms of alterations to make it show accurate. Given how many Donnies are out there now (I'm enjoying the legendary version myself - never been lucky enough for lockbox/R&D ships), it would be a nice touch for those of who like to RP to a degree, or at least have our vessels and crews as close to canon as possible.

Curious to what everyone elses opinion is on this matter.
Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I'd love to have it.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Yes please! Simply recoloring the disco uniform like they did is a poor substitute. Also, the actual enterprise uniform has the TOS style ranking on the sleeves

https://newamericanjackets.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Captain-Pike-Yellow-Leather-Jacket-600x800.jpg

It's a great looking uniform 👍

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Add me to the list of people that would love to have this uniform option.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd love this too. The current in-game Discovery uniform isn't quite customisable enough to work, beyond the black collar. The Constitution uniform is a slghtly brighter color than STO's color pallet can manage, has cuff rank stripes, and doesn't use the (frankly silly) rank-pip on the badge system that the Discovery crew wore.

It also doesn't have the tiny deltas on the sides like the standard Disco uniform, which is the biggest hindrance in STO when trying to make it look like the Connie uniform.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I'm making do with recoloring the "standard" outfit, but as mentioned, it doesn't feel the same as having it proper. Even if it's in the Lobi store or something like the mirror-Disco uniforms, I'd go for it.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    Yep - I too which they'd update the color selections to allow us to better be able to create a more screen accurate version of teh ST: D S2 Discoprise uniforms; but hell, after a year they STILL haven't fixed the display bug with the TOS era EVA suits (and one of the QA guys acknowledged and thought the bug was funny - on one of Cryptic's Wednesday STO Twitch streams from nearly a year ago...

Thus yeah, once they put something in game - it seems they don't bother doing anything to it again, unless they find a way to re sell it. EVEN when they KNOW about a display bug, they let it sit and laugh about it.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes, please... even if it is in the lobi store...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited February 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »
    even if it is in the lobi store...

Please no, I'm getting tired of uniforms being single character unlocks.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Sign me up for more space barbie! But put unis back into the C store, where they belong.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Add me to the yes list
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Count me in on this too
  • sentry51sentry51 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Add me to the list. I've made my uniforms as close as possible to screen accurate. I would love for them to make the actual uniform available.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

I know, me too, but lets face it, is quite unlikely they will give it away for free.. :disappointed:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

I know, me too, but lets face it, is quite unlikely they will give it away for free.. :disappointed:

Unlikely, but not impossible. Miracles do tend to happen.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    For what it's worth, I'd be happy to buy this from the C-Store. Just not lobi nonsense... I'm tired how much content gets locked behind that, especially if it's Federation related. Alien costumes or tech? Sure why not. But a Federation uniform? That would be taking the pee.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.

Idk, the Disco and STP uniforms were free, so I think there's hope. I'd also be happy with C-Store.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

IIRC, every TV show uniform has always been given away for free. I think only movie uniforms and off-the-wall variants have been either C-Store or Lobi Store, or those few in the Dilithium Store.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Could we please get these uniforms first before "The Year of the Klingon"? (which I am excited about.)
    Its a very simple alteration to make on the current DIS uniform, and dont tell me its not. I've done similar projects. You're talking about a 5 hour or less project that people are willing to pay for.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Probably saving it for a event or as some way to make a quick few bucks in the future on the c-store/lock box/lobi store
  • silk121silk121 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    If the rumored Pike tv show actually happens they will do this...who knows they may already have them made just waiting for CBS to release them when the show gets announced or comes out
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd love this too. The current in-game Discovery uniform isn't quite customisable enough to work, beyond the black collar. The Constitution uniform is a slghtly brighter color than STO's color pallet can manage, has cuff rank stripes, and doesn't use the (frankly silly) rank-pip on the badge system that the Discovery crew wore.

I tried an experiment using the Kelvin Uniform top and Discovery pants. Seemed to work out pretty well, but doesn't have the higher collar of the Discovery uniform. But you DO get the rank stripes and a badge without the pips on them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    vampeiyre wrote: »

IIRC, every TV show uniform has always been given away for free. I think only movie uniforms and off-the-wall variants have been either C-Store or Lobi Store, or those few in the Dilithium Store.

Actually, the TOS uniforms are not free outside of the main character and TOS starter boffs, they are c-store items which is why in Wastelands and sometimes the Dyson battlezone you often see TOS characters running around with a mix of TOS and TNG or DSC uniformed boffs.

Personally I think the DSC Enterprise uniforms are just as fugly and functionally impractical as the DSC ones, but I agree that they should be available for those who want them.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

Actually, the TOS uniforms are not free outside of the main character and TOS starter boffs, they are c-store items which is why in Wastelands and sometimes the Dyson battlezone you often see TOS characters running around with a mix of TOS and TNG or DSC uniformed boffs.

Personally I think the DSC Enterprise uniforms are just as fugly and functionally impractical as the DSC ones, but I agree that they should be available for those who want them.

They kinda are, but it's obvious they were designed for fashion with that collar and that the writers know nothing of how a military structure actually works with how Burnham is constantly allowed to completely ignore the chain of command, but that isn't really a here and now sort of thing ;)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

They kinda are but it's obvious they were designed for fashion with that collar and that the writers know nothing of how a military structure actually works with how Burnham is constantly allowed to completely ignore the chain of command, but that isn't really a here and now sort of thing ;)

When did she completely ignore the chain of command? Besides the mutiny thing which she learned from, can you give examples of this phenomenon?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    > @sthe91 said: When did she completely ignore the chain of command? Besides the mutiny thing which she learned from, can you give examples of this phenomenon?

She refused to follow the order to airlock cyborg girl who was about to kill them all. Luckily breather girl was there and actually followed orders. If not for her they would have died, and it would have been Burnhams fault.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said: When did she completely ignore the chain of command? Besides the mutiny thing which she learned from, can you give examples of this phenomenon?

She refused to follow the order to airlock cyborg girl who was about to kill them all. Luckily breather girl was there and actually followed orders. If not for her they would have died, and it would have been Burnhams fault.

Was that in Season 2? If it was, I will watch it soon.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Was that in Season 2? If it was, I will watch it soon.

Well then you are in for a treat, because Pike is pretty much the best ever 😎

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Not going into the whole Fed vs Klink/Roms/Jem thing here, but could the Klinks get Disco ships, skins, uniforms and weapons, please?

Seeing this thread is a request, I figured to post mine here as well...
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    AHA?
    Time to get in and get me a few then!

And the skin?

Thank you, brother.
    Haven't been in since a bit, sadly...
    Mea culpa.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
This discussion has been closed.