test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't claim ship

draco456217draco456217 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
edited February 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Awhile ago the Ar'kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit was given away for free. I recently made a new Reman toon and can't claim it. My Reman is currently lvl 41 and has access to T5 so I'm confused. I also have free ship slots and inventory space so that can't be it.
Post edited by draco456217 on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    This is not a bug, and is working as intended. A Level 4 toon cannot claim a T5 ship, because they were not designed to scale like T6 ships. You will actually have to reach the appropriate level before you can claim a T5 ship.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • draco456217draco456217 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    This is not a bug, and is working as intended. A Level 4 toon cannot claim a T5 ship, because they were not designed to scale like T6 ships. You will actually have to reach the appropriate level before you can claim a T5 ship.
    sorry typo meant lvl 41.

okay found out why. need to be lvl 50 and rank admiral. This is what I get for being up past midnight.
    Although I do view this as a bit of a flaw in design. You get access to T5 at lvl 40 but can't actually use some of the T5 ships til lvl 50. That would be like getting access to T3 at lvl 20 but not being able to use some of them til lvl 30.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Tier 5 ships should be available at level 40 as that's what happened when the game launched, but then they raised the level-cap to 50, they made Store-bought ships at T5 for level 50 only.

Since we've had Tier 6 for level 50+ for a long time, it's my opinion that all those T5 ships need to be made available for level 40+ characters. Thus, the seemingly broken logic to Ship Tiers would be fixed and consistent.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/