test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Client update crashes windows

Since the anniversary update every time I try to log on and update my game windows crashes about 25% into the update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and before the update us complete attempting to force verify just stalls the client. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,453 Arc User
    What Windows are you running? Also, have you installed the Windows updates yet? Many times when those are going on in the background it causes STO to slow down to a crawl. Also, you need to turn off On-Demand Patching and then turn on Force Verify if you need to do that to solve the problem. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • saltedground13saltedground13 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The moment I force verify and turn off On-Demand patching the update crashes my system still. Windows is updated, and the latest version. Any other ideas that might help?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,453 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Ok, here are two more ideas, have you tried loading it up in Safe Mode? If that does not work, delete the Gameprefs.Pref file in the subfolder Live which is in the folder where STO is installed. Then, turn off On-Demand patching and turn on Force Verify. See if that works. Otherwise, I am not having this problem using Windows 10. So feel bad for those who are not able to enter the game.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.