test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Pass, $300 is too rich for me.

@fred26291 Between the sale and the current zen charge bonus I believe you can get the cheaper bundle for $150 right now. (that's what I've seen other people say anyway, i paid 200 cause I had other stuff i wanted to buy too)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    $300 is too rich for me.
    Me too. $200 is much better.
    Post edited by salazarraze on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    There's many ships in the game stuck at T1 to T5U and ships not yet in the game which I would rather have at T6 than any of the T6 Connies, I couldn't care less for the Connie.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Can we just agree that getting this pack isn't just about a ToS Connie. Everybody has personal preference.

I like the Odyssey with the hangar bay and full command suite. Not batted an eyelid at the connies. But I guess it just feels silly that they're t6 at all.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    Can we just agree that getting this pack isn't just about a ToS Connie. Everybody has personal preference.

I like the Odyssey with the hangar bay and full command suite. Not batted an eyelid at the connies. But I guess it just feels silly that they're t6 at all.

Yeah, the TOS connie was one ship I wanted, but actually I really wanted the MW Sovereign, Intrepid, Defiant, and Donnie more.

(despite the show it came from, the Donnie is a beautiful ship, especially the alternate skin with the straight pylons)

On the flip side, I can't stand the Ross variant, and the Verity variant is disappointing.
    The Ross's rear hull where the nacelle pylons flow into looks unnatural. The curves and the texturing on those curves look awful. Plus there's the deflector, gah. It looks worse than the crossfield, which I didn't think was possible.
    The image I saw of the Verity looked fantastic, however the actual in-game look is meh. The texturing is really spot on, but the saucer shape bothers me. I prefer a more elongated saucer on that style ship.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Having played with all ships of the bundles, I overall feel a bit disappointed as most of them are legendary in-name only. Apart from the MW sci ship Warship Voyager, the Beyond Konnie, the Pilot Defiant and maybe the MW Sovereign, most of the ships don't really feel impressive or an improvement compared to their normal T6 counterparts.

The main great things are really just the skins and account traits. And the unlocked Advanced Phaser Arrays of the Donnie (I prefer their S31 Covert variant, though).

I still think the Command Inspiration system is the most useless system of the game, compared to MW, Pilot, and even Temporal and Intel.
    It's so slow to fill up the meter that 9/10 of the time, I have finished a map before it even reached 75% despite normally using my abilities.
    At least, even Temporal fills faster and has a strong DoT that can be useful to shoot a big target and then focus on other threats while it's dying, and Intel is useful against "boss" ships.

But Command is utterly useless. The Boff abilities aren't bad, but the innate system is. So the Verity and Galaxy really stick out in this pack and not in a good way.

A bit of info, regarding 2 traits:

-Temporal Anchor turns your Gravity Wells into a red swirly thingie with radiation damage, but some research needs to be done, because it seems to conflict with the "spawn aftermath GW Doffs" and kill its effects. After about 6 hours of using it, I ever got it to spawn just 1 additional and normal-looking GW, in just two runs out of about a dozen, which doesn't match what I normally get with the purple Doff and the normal GW. @ambassadorkael#6946 Could the QA team investigate this?

-Heard I Needed Help is very useful against my expectations after the disappointment of the hyper-squishy useless Section 31 vessel from the Need-to-Know Basis trait. It basically spawns a duplicate of your ship with the Kelvin shield visual on, and its version of Construction Shuttle Wings targets you instead of itself. It's also a bit funny when using the Connie, because it doesn't spawn the Konnie, just a "Kelvin'd" Connie. I guess it's from another Kelvin Timeline where the Kelvin failed to gather future data on the Narada, or the Kelvin-T engineers of the 25th century started following our own's propensity to borrow the other reality's ship designs.

Also, the Warship Voyager skin does use its cannons as origin points, even if you only have beam arrays, so it's a good point as I was expecting them to be dual-cannons-exclusive, which for a sci ship is not really a good idea.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited February 2020
    Now I am regretting getting the Vizier (Maybe also the intel sov) and the lockbox NX for the console on my main what a waste of EC and a ship slot.
    edited February 2020
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    redwren89 wrote: »

Yeah, the TOS connie was one ship I wanted, but actually I really wanted the MW Sovereign, Intrepid, Defiant, and Donnie more.
    I wanted the Intrepid until I found out what its stats are. The MW Soveresign seemed interesting but I hated how there's only one LtCom slot, the first MW ships in the game plus most other engi based MW ships didn't have this downside. The lack of the Excelsior also was a big blow to me since that was my number one favorite TOS/TMP ship and the current one in game has very limiting stats.

> @saurializard said:
    > Having played with all ships of the bundles, I overall feel a bit disappointed as most of them are legendary in-name only. Apart from the MW sci ship Warship Voyager, the Beyond Konnie, the Pilot Defiant and maybe the MW Sovereign, most of the ships don't really feel impressive or an improvement compared to their normal T6 counterparts.
    >
    > The main great things are really just the skins and account traits. And the unlocked Advanced Phaser Arrays of the Donnie (I prefer their S31 Covert variant, though).
    >
    > I still think the Command Inspiration system is the most useless system of the game, compared to MW, Pilot, and even Temporal and Intel.
    > It's so slow to fill up the meter that 9/10 of the time, I have finished a map before it even reached 75% despite normally using my abilities.
    > At least, even Temporal fills faster and has a strong DoT that can be useful to shoot a big target and then focus on other threats while it's dying, and Intel is useful against "boss" ships.
    >
    > But Command is utterly useless. The Boff abilities aren't bad, but the innate system is. So the Verity and Galaxy really stick out in this pack and not in a good way.
    >
    > A bit of info, regarding 2 traits:
    >
    > -Temporal Anchor turns your Gravity Wells into a red swirly thingie with radiation damage, but some research needs to be done, because it seems to conflict with the "spawn aftermath GW Doffs" and kill its effects. After about 6 hours of using it, I ever got it to spawn just 1 additional and normal-looking GW, in just two runs out of about a dozen, which doesn't match what I normally get with the purple Doff and the normal GW. @ambassadorkael#6946 Could the QA team investigate this?
    >
    > -Heard I Needed Help is very useful against my expectations after the disappointment of the hyper-squishy useless Section 31 vessel from the Need-to-Know Basis trait. It basically spawns a duplicate of your ship with the Kelvin shield visual on, and its version of Construction Shuttle Wings targets you instead of itself. It's also a bit funny when using the Connie, because it doesn't spawn the Konnie, just a "Kelvin'd" Connie. I guess it's from another Kelvin Timeline where the Kelvin failed to gather future data on the Narada, or the Kelvin-T engineers of the 25th century started following our own's propensity to borrow the other reality's ship designs.
    >
    > Also, the Warship Voyager skin does use its cannons as origin points, even if you only have beam arrays, so it's a good point as I was expecting them to be dual-cannons-exclusive, which for a sci ship is not really a good idea.

I will admit that it's the oldest of the lot, which makes it typical the weakest due to a lower level of power creep. That being said, using command boff powers increases the charge up, using normal boff powers on global cool down can charge it nearly every 1 minute.

The commander slot for command powers is great for suppression barrage, the single best survival power in-game that is up 100% of the time. You can forget rsp with it!

The rest is just gravy
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Also, while I'm talking about it, @ambassadorkael#6946 the Heard I Needed Help trait has a very nasty bug where if you equip it and have a "Construction Shuttle Wing" ability as well, hovering and/or trying to click said ability with the cursor will bring your FPS to their knees.

I can only guess this may be due to some kind of conflict between the NPC and the PC versions as the latter is caster-only while the NPC one targets the PC's ship.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I might buy the Odyssey and Sovereign seperately as they would be upgrades of ships I am currently flying. Even if they would be sold at a higher price a piece than a regular T6 ship, I would still be interested.

So... if any at Cryptic's sales department is reading this: you can get at least one more customer (and I imagine many more) for this pack if parts of it could be bought seperately.

Use that information or don't, I'm happy to spend my money on other things that I will fully make use of :)

Selling thing seperately will completely negate the purpose of this pack. This pack is basically a buy a ToS connie that is an account unlock with no gambling pack. NONE of the other ships matters in this pack other than that ship. At best, what we MIGHT see is the zen store already ships that got an upgrade get sold individually...which for you and me works out just fine...but the cost of this pack is the account unlock, no gamble ToS connie.

I disagree. I don't think the TOS Connie the selling point for this pack. If it is, we should see space swarming with them.

It is certainly A selling point for some people, and it is a very good ship, but people all have different tastes.

Personally, I grew up watching reruns of TOS and the TOS movies, before TNG came out, but the Connie has never quite grabbed me.

Are we even in the same game? ToS connies are EVERYWHERE. The price of the pack is what it is because there is a ToS connie in there. If you expected to get a ToS connie that is no gamble AND account unlock for less than the price of this pack...yeah you are dreaming.

Firstly, no, we aren't in the same game. The majority of my time has been spent in patrols to unlock these Legendary traits, so I haven't seen a whole lot outside those solitary maps. I wasn't making any claims either way, just stating what we should see if your hypothesis is true.

However, what I have seen outside the game has not been TOS Connieville, not even close. I've seen several, yes, but I can safely say I've seen more of any other ship, even other legendary ships have outnumbered the Connies I've seen. Again though, I haven't been out too much so I'm not saying there are or are not tons of Connies, just that I don't believe it is the main selling point for most people in a pack of 10 different ships.

Finally, the newness of these ships is going to wear off eventually. People will settle into what they like. Whatever the case may be right now, are we going to see tons of TOS Connies as people's preferred ships all over the game in a month? That remains to be seen, but I think that will be the real measure here of what people wanted. Maybe lots of people really did just want the MW Connie, I'm not predicting anything, and don't particularly care if my guess was wrong.

Personally I like seeing TOS Connies for the nostalgia. I'm not so fond of flying them when there are many other much more attractive ships.
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Firstly, no, we aren't in the same game. The majority of my time has been spent in patrols to unlock these Legendary traits, so I haven't seen a whole lot outside those solitary maps. I wasn't making any claims either way, just stating what we should see if your hypothesis is true.
    >
    > However, what I have seen outside the game has not been TOS Connieville, not even close. I've seen several, yes, but I can safely say I've seen more of any other ship, even other legendary ships have outnumbered the Connies I've seen. Again though, I haven't been out too much so I'm not saying there are or are not tons of Connies, just that I don't believe it is the main selling point for most people in a pack of 10 different ships.
    >
    > Finally, the newness of these ships is going to wear off eventually. People will settle into what they like. Whatever the case may be right now, are we going to see tons of TOS Connies as people's preferred ships all over the game in a month? That remains to be seen, but I think that will be the real measure here of what people wanted. Maybe lots of people really did just want the MW Connie, I'm not predicting anything, and don't particularly care if my guess was wrong.
    >
    > Personally I like seeing TOS Connies for the nostalgia. I'm not so fond of flying them when there are many other much more attractive ships.

I've been in the game a while since legendary TRIBBLE bundle release and can confirm its i solid mix, tipped toward. Not seen any konnies, but seen some connies and donnies. Seen everything else too. Yes I'm playing the only game 😂
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    You know what I THOUGHT Cryptic was gonna do for the 10th anniversary? I thought they were going to release some kind of token that allowed for the T1 - T5 ships of our choice to upgrade to full T6... The old roadmap a while back said something about the "ships we'd been waiting for." Maybe that's where I got the idea...

Hmmm
    CM

p.s. Apparently, my wife says the $200 I spent over 8 years ago on my lifetime sub means I can't spend that kind of money on the game again... So I'm out of luck on the bundles...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    ltminns wrote: »
    I saw a Legendary Sovereign at DS9 last night as well.

I've seen a few Legendary Ody's and even a Legendary Exploration ship as well. It seems the ship bundle is a little if not a lot more popular than many first predicted. I'll admit it will likely remain out of the price point for a larger majority, yet for those who buy Lobi or Promo ships could represent a savings for sure.
    0zxlclk.png
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I've seen a mix of Legendary ships around, and not noticed any of them being vastly more prevalent than the others. If anything, I've maybe seen slightly more Donnies than anything else, but not to a significant degree.

Off the top of my head the only pack ship I don't recall seeing any of is the Intrepid, but I don't doubt that they're out there somewhere.
    > @steaen said:
    > I've seen a mix of Legendary ships around, and not noticed any of them being vastly more prevalent than the others. If anything, I've maybe seen slightly more Donnies than anything else, but not to a significant degree.
    >
    > Off the top of my head the only pack ship I don't recall seeing any of is the Intrepid, but I don't doubt that they're out there somewhere.

Is it just me or are these forums starting to sound like filling out a Pokedex.

A wild connie appears in route drozana...

ESD sovereign narrowly escapes the hazard emitter sensor lock
  • redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Erm, the Ross doesn't seperate correctly the saucer and the crossfield can't load heavy dual canons, which the lockbox crossfield can.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    > @redwren89 said:
    > > @steaen said:
    > > I've seen a mix of Legendary ships around, and not noticed any of them being vastly more prevalent than the others. If anything, I've maybe seen slightly more Donnies than anything else, but not to a significant degree.
    > >
    > > Off the top of my head the only pack ship I don't recall seeing any of is the Intrepid, but I don't doubt that they're out there somewhere.
    >
    > Is it just me or are these forums starting to sound like filling out a Pokedex.
    >
    > A wild connie appears in route drozana...
    >
    > ESD sovereign narrowly escapes the hazard emitter sensor lock

Gotta catch 'em all ;)
    crm14916 wrote: »
    p.s. Apparently, my wife says the $200 I spent over 8 years ago on my lifetime sub means I can't spend that kind of money on the game again... So I'm out of luck on the bundles...

I umm ... "forgot" to inform my wife about the purchase I was making ... if I had "remembered" to mention it to her I would have probably heard a lot of colorful language and I definitely wouldn't have my TMP Refit NX. Oops 😎.

I definitely feel your pain man.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The (Legendary) Intrepid has actually become the pimary choice of my second Science officer.

I haven't seen too many around either - but I honestly think that too many players are missing the point with this ship and get too hung up on tactical capabilities.
    Frankly, it's a science powerhouse!

I get the point of the layout and I don't have a problem with strong science ships, but the layout doesn't fit the new costume at all. If they weren't going to give it the tactical heavy build it deserves then they should have saved the Warship costume for a Mirror Universe Intrepid and come up with a different design for the Legendary variant.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I have tried it out myself and it's tough as nails for science ship. Having the hanger bay pets and Innovation mechanism is vast improvement over the vanilla Pathfinder. The new trait (although useless to the DPS addicts) is fantastic for Tour the Galaxy or travelling around the sector map (not that you need it now with the gamma and borg consoles, but the trait makes having those consoles unnecessary now).

Weapons also fire from the mounted phaser lances in random intervals as seen in the episode "Living Witness". The warp nacelle animation for some reason doesn't work when warping out of any map. I don't know if that is a bug issue with all the models or just Warship model variant.

It's a good ship if you can play different play style other than "DPS BEAM BEAM BEAM PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW! snob fest mentality. The "warship nonsense" moaners can decry it until they grow MU beard.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Part of my General Discussion post:

In going over, one last time, all of the bundle's features though I did come to realize my disappointment in the "warship" Voyager might be a bit misplaced. This legendary Intrepid version title with according stats is: Miracle Worker Multi-Mission Science Vessel which totally makes sense going along with Voyager's series & storyline. The "warship" application for this legendary ship is merely cosmetic/visual. I still wonder & disagree about that starship trait focusing on Sector Space, really???, & think the 4th Eng console slot should've been made a 3rd Tac, but that's the "warship" premise creeping bank into my mind.
    edited February 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I get the point of the layout and I don't have a problem with strong science ships, but the layout doesn't fit the new costume at all. If they weren't going to give it the tactical heavy build it deserves then they should have saved the Warship costume for a Mirror Universe Intrepid and come up with a different design for the Legendary variant.

The new costume isn't it's ONLY costume

No, it's not, but the two (Legendary and Pathfinder) science heavy, tactical non-existent layouts are the only layouts that costume can be used with, I'd have rather seen a Disco or TOS inspired costume for a science heavy Intrepid. Why bother making a design players have been asking for for years if you're not going to give it the kind of layout that the design calls for?

Again I like science, and strong science ships are a great thing to have, but when it comes to a design like the Warship Intrepid my vision is 4/2 or 5/2 weapons with at least a LtCmdr tactical seat and five tactical consoles.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    It definitely should have had weapon layout of 4/2 and at least 3 tactical consoles plus the universal making the possibility of 4 tactical consoles and one tactical LtCmdr.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, here was an opportunity to use the Dyson mechanic, recently used on the Mirror Crossfield and the Section 31 Intel Ship. Instead of the Commander Science swapping, you swap the Lt. Commander Engineering/Pilot and the Lt. Tactical. You can move or not that Pilot seeting.

Put in an Experimental Weapon activated when the Ship is in Warship Mode. Add an extra Universal Console Slot, taken from Science. Now you can have either four Tactical or six Science. You don't want to take it from Engineering as that could make a seven Science Console possible. Just too much.

This Universal Console concept could have been used in those three pack variations of the same 'Fleet Level' ships (e.g., Odyssey, Pathfinder, etc.). There was always only one Console difference on the variation ships. You could have made use of Universal Boff seats in the spot where you would vary Engineering, Tactical, or Science to reflect the change. Multiple skins, if necessary.

Now, you create one ship instead of three. You could increase the Ship price to 4k Zen for this 'morphing' ship and you can then do a four-pack if you needed to to represent all Factions, instead of twelve Ships.

The time has probably passed us by on this as they are likely to go down the road of Alliance Ships that all Factions can use.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Hey folks!
    There's a bug in the C-store, so I want to correct this before people miss out on the sale. The 35% off sale on the bundle lasts until 2/27. The bundle itself is available until 3/9. Thanks!

Thank you, ambassadorkael :)

I hope we'll be able to get other Faction's 'Hero ships' in the future, but please give us a heads up so we could save up for them :)
    edited February 2020
    I have a question with a most perplexing issue regarding the odyssey change.

The 3 piece flagship set's effectiveness relies on shields dropped to 0% on a facings when triggering a 10% damage bonus (3 stacks), and more hull to compensate for the increased hull damage taken when this triggers. Its a very nice threat tanking set.

Why on earth would 'they' increase the shield HP and drop the hull? This change has rendered the set bonus much less effective because stronger shields drop far less often, with less hull tanking available due to less hull hp - its non-nonsensical.

What the hell were they thinking when they lowered the Odyssey's overall threat tank dps potential...

So glad I saw this before buying - the only ship I wanted improvements to but made worse.

No thanks.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Yes, we get it. You don't like the bundle. You're not buying it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    So far, the pack is a huge hit with me. We already have a thread going about our desire for KDF and Romulan Legendary ships but in addition to that, I think that Cryptic should consider releasing MORE Federation Legendary ships in the future.

I'd start with the Excelsior personally. Put it in the C-store for an inflated price, or a lock box or promo box or whatever. I'd kill for an Excelsior that didn't suck. After that, I'd be interested in a Legendary Miranda, Nebula and a Prometheus.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.