test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Please fix the Legendary Miracle Worker Assault Cruiser. I want my Lt.Com Universal back. It should be similar in Boff layout as the other Fleet T6 versions. IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    megamanx82 wrote: »
    Please fix the Legendary Miracle Worker Assault Cruiser. I want my Lt.Com Universal back. It should be similar in Boff layout as the other Fleet T6 versions. IMO
    I can agree with that although I would want it to at least have a sci lt.

• jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I got the pack, ive played through almost all the ships so far only the 2 sci are left. Only thing I dont like about the pack is that you dont get the special bridges for the ships. I dont mean the pay for zen bridges but the ones like the Oddy. the Discovery Conny bridge, the JJ Ent bridge. Those respective ships should have their respective bridges or at least some way to obtain them.

Aside from that all the ships have been great, the skins were well done. That being said some of these ships are what their T6 versions SHOULD have been from the very start, like the Galaxy Defiant Intrepid and Sovereign *to a Lesser extent the Oddy*. I was never a fan of the whole non full spec ship idea. Created far to much of an imbalance by having Full spec and non full spec ships.

Would be nice in the future to have a Romulan/KDF/Cardassian/JemHadar styled bundle like this. Cryptic should really go back and redo the layouts of the original T6 ships that dont have full specs. Ships like the Guardian etc need some love. For the love of god just make all ship traits account wide.

Only reason I bought this btw is I have a ton of alts and they use 9 of 10 of these ships already. You get all the skins, all the consoles, all the exsisting T6 traits + 10 new account wide traits and the fact that the ships level scale is great if i have to make another alt. Add in the zen sale and I was in, without zen sale I was walking away. $100+ bundles arent easy pills to swallow for me. If I had just wanted 1-2 ships it would have been a nogo. In the future offer all the ships seperately but also as a pack let your customers chose what they want. You will get more sales.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    > @jtoney3448 said:
    > I got the pack, ive played through almost all the ships so far only the 2 sci are left. Only thing I dont like about the pack is that you dont get the special bridges for the ships. I dont mean the pay for zen bridges but the ones like the Oddy. the Discovery Conny bridge, the JJ Ent bridge. Those respective ships should have their respective bridges or at least some way to obtain them.
    >
    > Aside from that all the ships have been great, the skins were well done. That being said some of these ships are what their T6 versions SHOULD have been from the very start, like the Galaxy Defiant Intrepid and Sovereign *to a Lesser extent the Oddy*. I was never a fan of the whole non full spec ship idea. Created far to much of an imbalance by having Full spec and non full spec ships.
    >
    > Would be nice in the future to have a Romulan/KDF/Cardassian/JemHadar styled bundle like this. Cryptic should really go back and redo the layouts of the original T6 ships that dont have full specs. Ships like the Guardian etc need some love. For the love of god just make all ship traits account wide.
    >
    > Only reason I bought this btw is I have a ton of alts and they use 9 of 10 of these ships already. You get all the skins, all the consoles, all the exsisting T6 traits + 10 new account wide traits and the fact that the ships level scale is great if i have to make another alt. Add in the zen sale and I was in, without zen sale I was walking away. $100+ bundles arent easy pills to swallow for me. If I had just wanted 1-2 ships it would have been a nogo. In the future offer all the ships seperately but also as a pack let your customers chose what they want. You will get more sales.

Umm you do get the Kelvin bridge. The Discovery Connie doesn't have a bridge yet, and the odyssey bridge is a bug that next week they'll fix.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited February 2020
    westx211 wrote: »
    >

Umm you do get the Kelvin bridge. The Discovery Connie doesn't have a bridge yet, and the odyssey bridge is a bug that next week they'll fix.

Good to know, you were correct the JJ does have its bridge I must have overlooked it when swapping ships around.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I just have no way short of a miracle to raise 200+ dollars in a few weeks...and I would have paid for it if I could but since they want to play some artificial scarcity I wont be able to buy it.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    So far most of the ships have been a pleasent suprise. So have been a touch underwhelming due to my play style.

The only one I am not enjoying and will probably never fly again is the Intrepid so far, and the Legendary Flight deck cruiser. Disliked it enough that i removed it completely from my ships list. The difference is not minor it a major change to playing the original, can't hold a candle to it. Though i would say it's legend trait may have some utility to it, in a DOT heavy build maybe a sci build that needs more with agony phasers and temporal settings but I don't see it being able to crack my top five often if ever.

The most surprising and enjoyable ships were the Defiant, it's a power house. If it was miracle instead of pilot it would be too op. The legendary trait itself was a lot more underwhelming then I thought it would be. I was expecting a little more from it so I was a bit let down. It is barely able to pass my fifth slot for space traits so it gets kicked a lot during experimentation.

The Legendary Operative Science vessel was also op if you toss in a few sci traits like spore and grav well it does massive damage on the science and assault stage. It's trait is strange it seems to proc at least visually every once in a while and not consistently. But it is very distinctive, that red liquid like animation is eye catching. Add improved grav well, grav well doffs, and spore, Terran mechanization and you can clear fields quickly with minimal effort. Due to spor procing on sci skills it has immense survivabilty since you are spamming them for dps and the off shot is well you're spamming sci skills.

The legendary light cruiser was also surprisingly nice to fly, far better then I thought it would be. Shame it's not a five tac but was still extremely powerful on the field, To me, with the miracle worker effect it is far better then the original. But it's legend trait is the best bar none. Add in supremacy + entwined weapon matrices and you reach that 30% bonus damage extremely quickly and it stays up almost infinitely. The best diplomat is the best trait in the box bar none.

The legend assault cruiser is an awesome ship. powerful , sturdy, it's probably one of my more favored ships in the pack. It's traits are bad so they are useless, but it does keep you from wanting the vizier if you don't have it, since its a better ship and you can get the vizier skin, trait, and such without needing to pay mudds pricing. A really good tactical platform. The legend trait is too clunky and unwieldy. It procs probably once or twice after every encounter. So unless you fight one at a time and leave battle to collect material then enter battle again you probably won't crack double digits with it. If it collected material from every ship after every encounter it would probably be worth it and even then that would be a stretch. This trait as it is and probably if they improved it would more then likely never crack my top 5. Just not good enough.

The Legend exploration was also very surprising to me. I expected it to be a powder puff on the field but it was more then capable of dishing out dps but it's real strength came from it's herculean abilities to survive matchless damage. I mean this thing just kept absorbing damage to the point i removed my shields to see how far it would go and it just kept on rolling like it was no big deal. I don't think I have ever seen such a natural tank without needing a zombie build. Very good ship. A lot more nimble then it looks. Oddly enough, Make it so happens to be an actually good and surprising trait. Though it makes you spam command skills out of sequence. If you are in a ship capable of doing so, but you proc your skills like grav well and bfaw 3 and spread three with mod 2-3 enrgy weapons 2-3 and kemocite and targeting, then hit a command skill you do get some pretty surprising numbers and the additional survivability that comes out of no where is surprising. it is an interchangeable trait so it might only break the top five every once in a while to test numbers.

The rest, i have not finished yet to get their legend traits to test. So far, getting 1 mainstay trait and 2-3 interchangeable ones was well worth the price. But getting 3-4 very good ships that would stay out of dry dock and on the field was also a pleasant surprise. It was a nice value and worth the 220.00, which, if you are lucky, with the infinity and the keys, could become even more value down the line. The epic token was not so impressive since i on all those ships already, but it all worked out in the end
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    I got the pack, ive played through almost all the ships so far only the 2 sci are left. Only thing I dont like about the pack is that you dont get the special bridges for the ships. I dont mean the pay for zen bridges but the ones like the Oddy. the Discovery Conny bridge, the JJ Ent bridge. Those respective ships should have their respective bridges or at least some way to obtain them.

Wait, wut?! The Legendary Command Dreadnought Cruiser doesn't get its nice Ody bridge?! Why the hell not!? That bridge already exists! And the Connies don't get their respective counterpart R&D bridges either?! I know the R&D Connies got reworked a bit, station layout-wise, but 'forgetting' to mention that there will be NO BRIDGES for them, like the ones on their counterpart R&D variants is, at the very least, downright misleading.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    the ships missing bridges, such as the Oddessy are a bug, that will be patched next week
    the ships missing bridges, such as the Oddessy are a bug, that will be patched next week

Wonderful. :) Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I finished playing the last 2 ships, both science ships. Used my partical gen torpedo spread build on my sci officer. I managed to go from 0 exp to finish rank 6 mastery in 2 patrols. I just dropped 1 grav well and watched the carnage as it killed 5 waves of enemies at a time in a second of their spawning. The amount of exp that generated was lulz worthy. I would say both Sci ships are on par with the Temporal science ship. On the intrepid i didnt even bother with hybrid seating, had 5 partical consoles + 1 in the universal just drop a grav well and its over no need for anything more.

The grav well trait from the Crossfield class is a nice addition, they werent kidding when they say it makes your grav well look distinct. Makes them look like giant red evil voids of horror and despair *which they are to the enemy*. I didnt find a bad ship in the 10, which for the price thank god for that.
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    So, is it just me, but bought the bundle, claimed a ship, but only got that ship in admiralty, not the rest?

I thought they got added to admiralty automatically now, or is there something I have to do? Or is it just bugged on these?
    So, is it just me, but bought the bundle, claimed a ship, but only got that ship in admiralty, not the rest?

I thought they got added to admiralty automatically now, or is there something I have to do? Or is it just bugged on these?

No, only ships you UNPACKED first get added as Admiralty ship -- before the auto-add too. Otherwise you could buy a lock box ship off the Exchange, sell it again, and still get a freebie card for it.

And no, it doesn't matter these ships happen to be unsellable: there is simply One Rule To Govern Them All.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

No, only ships you UNPACKED first get added as Admiralty ship -- before the auto-add too. Otherwise you could buy a lock box ship off the Exchange, sell it again, and still get a freebie card for it.

And no, it doesn't matter these ships happen to be unsellable: there is simply One Rule To Govern Them All.

Thanks, but by the looks of it, unpacked on any character, as the one I claimed on one character immediately was added to admiralty on another. That'll do! Claiming 10 ships, many of which I'll use is much faster than claiming 70 and destroying 60!
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Thanks, but by the looks of it, unpacked on any character, as the one I claimed on one character immediately was added to admiralty on another. That'll do1

Oh, like Tier VI Traits? That's cute. :) They really made this account-wide thingy very smooth for us.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'm curious about the 'bad' differences between the Legendary versions and the originals.

Legendary Crossfield has one fewer aft weapon slots that the original. Legendary Defiant doesn't have a special weapon. Haven't looked at many others yet.

Balance reasons, or something, I guess? (Never thought I'd say *that* about STO...)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    chrisf0001 wrote: »
    I'm curious about the 'bad' differences between the Legendary versions and the originals.

Legendary Crossfield has one fewer aft weapon slots that the original. Legendary Defiant doesn't have a special weapon. Haven't looked at many others yet.

Balance reasons, or something, I guess? (Never thought I'd say *that* about STO...)

The Defiant has an extra forward weapon to compensate, which I believe is generally stronger than having an experimental weapon slot.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Legendary Crossfield has one fewer aft weapon slots that the original.
    The original Crossfield has a Lieutenant Commander intel/universal station. It also has a Lieutenant Temporal/universal station. Because of this, the original Crossfield is not a full spec ship and does not have full commander spec seating and does not have the full intel or temporal clicky powers.

The same is true of the Mirror Crossfield. It has a Lieutenant Commander Temporal seat and a Lieuteant Pilot seat and therefore is not a full spec ship and does not come with the full temporal or pilot abilities.

The Legendary Crossfield, however, has a full Commander level Temporal seat and a Lieutenant Commander Command seat to go with it. It therefore has the full Temporal Spec powers including the molecular reconstruction clicky and is a much more capable exotic damage/sci torp boat beast of a ship. Removing the 3rd rear weapon probably was for balance since normally, science ships only have 3/3 weapons.
    Legendary Defiant doesn't have a special weapon.
    That's because the Legendary Defiant was upgraded to have a 5th forward weapon giving it 8 total standard weapon slots. One of the requirements for allowing an experimental weapon is that the ship must have 7 or fewer weapons. And the old Defiant has 4 forward and 3 rear weapons.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Just a few thoughts on the ships I've got around to using so far - I haven't got any Traits unlocked or anything yet, just been doing basic set-ups and a PvE or two per ship.

TOS Connie: The first one I set up because, you know, it's the TOS Connie. Impressive ship, the MW spec means it can equip five Tac consoles if you want to, between that and it's manouverability it packs quite the punch. I love the different visual options as well, although I haven't found a combo yet that beats the movie refit look.

Crossfield/Glenn: Once I'd figured out which setting I needed to change to stop it having glowing lights like a Christmas tree from bow to stern and actually started playing with it, it's another ship that I'm impressed by. Good turn rate, the Cmdr Sci slot allows for GWIII-based fun, which I'm sure will be further improved once I unlock the new trait, and it does decent DPS numbers for me. Another solid addition to my fleet.

Defiant: It's a killer, simple as that. The 5/3 set-up more than makes up for the lack of an experimental slot as on the standard T6 Defiant, and this thing just rips enemies to pieces with very little effort. Looks wise, I'd recommend the S31 vanity shield if you have one, with the shark's mouth noseart - looks perfect for such a vicious little ship.

Sovereign: The Sovvy has always been one of my favourite canon ships, and this one definitely feels like an upgrade on the T6 versions that have been available up until now. The MW console slot and the boosted turn rate help it perform much better, in my limited hands at least, than I was ever able to get the Archon to do, and the Nemesis refit skin looks stunning.

Disco Connie: Thus far, this is my favourite. A Connie with cannons is always going to be a cool thing to me, and there are plenty of damage boosting consoles out there (at least if you run Phasers as I do) to counteract any initial qualms about it "only" having three Tac console slots. Once you get the turn rate buffed with a good RCS accelerator, this thing can hit hard and look great doing it. Oh, and the option to have 72 pets giving you a helping hand is no bad thing either - I upgraded them from the standard to the Elite versions, and I don't regret it. Between them and the Hurq swarmers, it's like having an swarm of angry hornets at my disposal.

I'm intending to look at the Galaxy and Oddy next. I had the original Kelvin Connie so I'll get to that one, but I'm more interested in flying stuff I had no real experience of prior to the pack first. The NX and Intrepid don't really hold huge amounts of interest for me, but I'm sure I'll try them at some stage.
  • chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    That's because the Legendary Defiant was upgraded to have a 5th forward weapon giving it 8 total standard weapon slots. One of the requirements for allowing an experimental weapon is that the ship must have 7 or fewer weapons. And the old Defiant has 4 forward and 3 rear weapons.
    Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that precondition. Well, I'll see how it flies I guess - it's only a shame that the nose art 'saucer' looks bad on the Sao Paulo body...
    steaen wrote: »
    I'm intending to look at the Galaxy and Oddy next. I had the original Kelvin Connie so I'll get to that one, but I'm more interested in flying stuff I had no real experience of prior to the pack first. The NX and Intrepid don't really hold huge amounts of interest for me, but I'm sure I'll try them at some stage.

Legendary Odyssey has a *hangar bay*. That seems pretty great to me, I just like hangars... Although my Oddy builds have always been a bit of a joke as I still insist on cramming all seven special consoles in there...
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Some early opinions I have on some of the ships.

Sovereign. Straight upgrade over the Archon I was using before. I don't miss the intel seating, and the MW seating makes things go boom faster. The trait is weird. I have a KDF that is built to try and get tons of shield penetration that I'll explore with this trait. I don't know that I'd use it for general use though, but it does give shield penetration so it isn't useless if you expect to blow up a lot of cruiser and higher enemies.

Defiant. I do miss the tac LTC, but it is still a very good ship with the 5/3 layout. The trait is decidedly underwhelming compared to Emergency weapon cycle. However, no one says you use one or the other if you have them both. Using both is quite nice, and I find it makes a nice fit in CRF focused builds that don't use CSV, and thus don't slot withering barrage. It also has that niche of being a weapon haste trait to slot if you can't safely slot EPTW because of too few engineering seats or whatever, and of course if you don't have EWC at all.

Kelvin Connie. This is a pretty good battle cruiser. 5/3 weapons and a good turn rate makes this great for a dual beam build. Unfortunately it is ugly so I won't fly it beyond what I needed to do to get the trait. I haven't played with the trait, but I tend not to use traits that require me to be close to death to work.

Glenn. This is surprisingly a lot less ugly than even the screenshots hint at. I can bear looking at it. I can't begin to state how much better this ship looks than the Crossfield, though it is definitely still on the ugly side. This is through no fault of the artists, they can only do so much for an ugly design. It is a very capable science ship, especially with the molecular reconstruction temporal gimmick, and the temporal seating. The LTC command seat is also nice if you want to go heavy with torpedoes and run concentrate firepower. The trait is yet another thing to use with a build focused on gravity well, though I can't figure out why it sometimes doesn't appear to work.

MW Connie. A light cruiser with good maneuverability, miracle worker seating. It is a capable little ship for sure. If the Sovereign is too big and bulky, this is the obvious alternative. The trait is very nice, but as I don't think it is bonus damage, it ends up being extremely similar to traits like super charged weapons and history will remember, with super charged weapons being the clear top choice of the three, in most cases, but use them all if you want to.

I need more time for the other ships yet.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'm trying to figure out why I would want this 10 ship pack since I've mostly given up playing Federation characters. Even if they did come out with a Klingon/Romulan pack I don't know that they'd have enough ships to make it like the Fed one. Is it fair to ask at this point why KDF and Fed players can't fly each others ships? That'd certainly get me more interested in buying that pack.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out why I would want this 10 ship pack since I've mostly given up playing Federation characters. Even if they did come out with a Klingon/Romulan pack I don't know that they'd have enough ships to make it like the Fed one. Is it fair to ask at this point why KDF and Fed players can't fly each others ships? That'd certainly get me more interested in buying that pack.

I wouldn't have a problem with Klingons flying Federation ships, just say they were hijacked or something. Feds flying Klingon ships wouldn't really make sense though (but I would love having easy access to leech 🙂).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    it would if it were defecting klingons flying the ships they defected in

also...why? leech is trash now...i mean, obviously you could use it while leveling up, because the stuff you get while leveling is even MORE trash, but past that, it isn't worth jack​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    given the whole federation alliance I'd have no problem with having limited access to ships from another faction. heck could even add that into Diplomacy. once you hit rank 4 you're given a "allied starship requsition token" and can requsition one allied starship (including a c-store ship if you had it) it'd keep things from being too crazy but it'd allow a federation officer to fly that Bird of Prey (maybe even allow federation Klingon ships to have the HMS prefix :)

ammended:
    On another note, wow the flight deck cruiser from this pack is a lot of fun. didn't expect to like it as much as I do
    Post edited by captainbrian11 on
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    You guys made some of these traits sound like they are all that Over-gunned and Over-powered. Yet they don't even compete with traits already out there. As i said i love the ships but out of these 10 account wide traits there isn't one i would use or would make it in the top 10 to use while only 5 allowed. But i guess it was intended to make the traits sound good but actually utterly useless, that's probably why there is never the data to the traits when they get introduced. Just my to cents to the new traits after leveling all the ships.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    A few of the traits are pretty good, but yeah a lot of them are lackluster
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I still haven't bought the Legends bundle yet, but the more research I do about it, then do again just to make sure, I'm impressed with how much it contains & offers for the price per ship. The ships themselves, consoles, traits, skins, & accessibility for them all are all nice. I do wonder if someone at Cryptic just doesn't like Voyager because they took that premise of "Warship Voyager" & made a nice ship, but not the "warship" from the show. The overall price is a steep incline & I do have my disappointments about the bundle here & there, but I think it is a good value unless someone already has most of the older ships, traits, & consoles. If that's the case I could see this not being as appealing by far. I also bought enough zen to cover the expense if/when I decide to purchase it during it's sale. The cosmetics are secondary to me, but I have to say I'm more inclined to buy the Standard, definitely not Premium since I know when I gamble with Cryptic I lose, but firs things first I have to look-up Talaxian background information & figure-out a name for a newly created Talaxian then decide Sci or Eng for her/him.
This discussion has been closed.