test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    aspartan1 wrote: »

I'm still having fun with the Jug as I'm on my sixth damage flavor gold build variant.

Sure thing, cool you have it Spartan! B)

My lead space tac will keep her Jug until something better turns up... have not found anything better at the DPS front yet. Everybody finds it so ugly but I can't help of thinking of Warhammer 40k when I headbutt everything in front of me with it. B)

39403-teaser1.jpg
    Of course with ships like these in our Armada packs like the one that we discuss here are all less appealing. We are simply not the target group here I suppose which is fine.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Why would Cryptic ever offer a lower cost solution when they're making this much money?

You mean other than making more sales? 1,000 people spending $1 is no different than 10 people spending $100.

No different is not good enough. It has to be 2,000 people spending $1 each to really be better. And yes, that's likely to happen since people are more likely to spend small amounts than larger amounts. But in this case, Cryptic is just going to "have their cake and eat it too". They will get people to spend money on this big bundle, and later they will probably sell at least some of these ships individually. So they are actually getting some of the people who didn't want the entire bundle but only wanted a few ships to buy it now, and later they will get the people who refused to buy the whole thing.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Why would Cryptic ever offer a lower cost solution when they're making this much money?

You mean other than making more sales? 1,000 people spending $1 is no different than 10 people spending $100.

I dont think your theory is in line with individual behavior of customers. Take me! The way things look at the moment I will not get the pack. The second I discover however there is a OP trait on a single one of those ships I won't care if I need to pay 30 bucks for one or if I have to grab em all for 150. I have payed worse in this title... much worse. ;)

I suppose I'm even the hard one to get here. Peeps waited for zen store Connies for ages no matter of they are good or bad. They will get them for less now than it took em to get em out of promo boxes. Of course Cryptic picks the next best price and not a clearance sale one.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

I dont think your theory is in line with individual behavior of customers. Take me! The way things look at the moment I will not get the pack. The second I discover however there is a OP trait on a single one of those ships I won't care if I need to pay 30 bucks for one or if I have to grab em all for 150. I have payed worse in this title... much worse. ;)

I suppose I'm even the hard one to get here. Peeps waited for zen store Connies for ages no matter of they are good or bad. They will get them for less now than it took em to get em out of promo boxes. Of course Cryptic picks the next best price and not a clearance sale one.

Yeah, if there was something in it that I really felt I needed or wanted, I would have found a way. The bundle has it's obvious appeal just not to someone like me who already has all the ships they want. I honestly thought a bundle with such a high price would be prohibitive to most players, but I massively underestimated the player bases willingness to spend. Cryptic knew their audience and they nailed it. Obviously no need to ever split the bundle.. just bring it back in a few months with the same 'sale' and the people that were kicking themselves the first time will jump on it.

Meanwhile those of us that don't want/need the bundle.. we benefit as well because the game goes on. I already have the connie I wanted along with the D7 and I'll get the Tzen-Tar next and do it all for free. I'm happy to see the money pouring in, I know they will put it to good use. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

An additional difference between 1000x$1 and 10x$100, is that in the second case, only 10 people got access to a 'rare/promo' ship class. So in the future, when the next Promo ship offer comes up, there's more people who still don't have one.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    So far I'm loving the legendary ships, but I'm wondering why the Odyssey is the only one out of the pack to not have a second specialized bridge seat. All the others either have double or dual. I can deal with it only having one hangar, even if it feels small for the ship's size (especially due to that gigantic shuttlebay on it), since it at least has one.

On a similar note I love how the Sovereign is set up. I wasn't expecting it to get Miracle Worker/Pilot, and it flies amazingly. Although I'm curious why it doesn't have a hangar at all, if it's canonically designed with the capability in its main shuttlebay, if the Intrepid got one on top of cannons, getting a universal console slot, and also dual-specialization seating.

So far I think the price of the pack (on discount at least) is very much worth it, if you can afford it. Even if I think a couple of ships could use a touchup.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    No different is not good enough. It has to be 2,000 people spending $1 each to really be better. And yes, that's likely to happen since people are more likely to spend small amounts than larger amounts. But in this case, Cryptic is just going to "have their cake and eat it too". They will get people to spend money on this big bundle, and later they will probably sell at least some of these ships individually. So they are actually getting some of the people who didn't want the entire bundle but only wanted a few ships to buy it now, and later they will get the people who refused to buy the whole thing.

I was not trying to make a distinction between which is better or worse. I was only speaking to one possible reason why ships may be sold separately later.

back in the days, I wanted a TOS constitution for my TOS toon, then this ship was put in a gamble box, and I was really, but really disgusted (i'm not the only one), now they put this ship in a f..... bundle with ships that I don't need or want. 200 euros for 1 ship, no way.

Even if this ship is sold separately one day, never i would buy it; I'm tired by Cryptic's commercial tactics. Currently I spend 10 euros from time to time for upgrades mostly; but, never again I would buy a ship and put a lot of money in game like i did in the past.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Although I'm curious why it doesn't have a hangar at all, if it's canonically designed with the capability in its main shuttlebay...

To be fair... 99% of all ships in Star Trek are known to have a shuttlebay of some kind. Even the Defiant had one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but all y'all are NOT DOING IT RIGHT! Do it ingame, and see:

q1WiOfW.jpg

That's not American Dollars though. Your 150 Euros would cost $162 not $150.

Interesting. I thought it was 100, regardles of euro/dollar. But it does appear they adjusted for currency value differences. More bang for your Euro, it seems. :)

Regardless, even in dollars, $150 will get you the bundle (be it barely).

I think they get you guys on the VAT. No taxes/VAT if you're in the U.S.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    c-store is wrong - the sale ends on the 27th​​

Ugh thanks for clarifying the end date. Typical Cryptic lack of proof reading. I was taking ingame info as gospel

Guess I'll have to wait for the next time its on sale in April or May possibly

So, to clarify for you, the ticker in the C-Store is only partially wrong.
    That timer is correct... it's just not a "discount" timer, since that is when the package will be removed entirely from the store. After which it cannot be purchased.
    As of now, it is unknown when, or if, we'll see the bundle again after that date.

So if you actually want it, you are going to have to spend money, or roll the dice that it'll be posted up for sale again.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store.

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also still distracted with my new Borg ship from the lock box. If later those ships will turn out to have superb traits or whatever I could still buy it as we get sales almost as often as we do get events. :p

*nods*

Not to sidestep too much, but having picked up the anni ship today, I realized the timing of the bundle may have been a bit off; or, rather, my head is still buzzing with 'Legendary ships' now, meaning the anni ship won't be on my mind for a while. Essentially I'm now distracted by the new Legendary ships. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I'll be rolling the dice. If Cryptic wants my money, they'll break those ships out individually.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I'll be rolling the dice. If Cryptic wants my money, they'll break those ships out individually.

priced the same as the Vizer and Picard bundle for a single ship?

It's all working out. Good job Cryptic.. I didn't think this would sell but you have proved me wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am shocked at how many 'Legendary' ships I have seen in game today.

And you have like 929 posts in this thread exactly supporting what you wrote here as well.

That’s a new high score. GG mate! :D

Players did not want to gamble anymore for their Enterprises, players love huge discounts... the pack is a major gift to us all and it has been well accepted. Folks should show more gratitude.

And I am. :) Up until the patch, I wasn't going to get the pack; but when I came online, and saw the massive Zen charge discount as well, realizing I could get all for 150 euro (or even for $150), I was sold. Like I said earlier, already contemplating on getting 1 single Defiant, later, for about $80-100, I figured I would for ever regret it, not shelling out an exta 50 euros now, and just get the entire bundle already.

Cool thing, the deal is alright here for real. GZ on your new fleet ma'am! B)

Its just about the peeps who want to pick out single ships which wont work. Well that seems the price to pay instead of gambling. And you know what... thats alright as well. :)

Thanks! :)

I was in that category, wanting maybe a T6 TOS Connie, or the new Defiant or Crossfield; but yeah, we talked about that above, in that ppl here (realistically) concluded that extracting one of the ships, for an account wide unlock, would already cost upward of ca. $70-100 bucks. At which point not getting the entire bundle for $150 felt like robbing myself.

I've been consistently critical about what I often call Cryptic greed; but I have to admit, they really haven't skimped on the deal here. We did get 2 R&D ships (Connie/Donnie) and a Kelvin timeline lock box ship and Crossfied etc (some of which slightly reworked). And with the Crossfield, it yields no less than 3 new Traits (and good Traits too), just for the single ship. And next to the Terran skin, I was also able to choose a Terran interior. They truly went all-out.

Judging by the amount of Legendary ships over ESD, I think Cryptic really cleaned out here... and so did the players! Win-win. "And the players love it!" is a meme that actually proves to be spot-on, this time! o:)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    it yields one new trait, like every other ship in the bundle - the other two already exist​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Although I'm curious why it doesn't have a hangar at all, if it's canonically designed with the capability in its main shuttlebay...

To be fair... 99% of all ships in Star Trek are known to have a shuttlebay of some kind. Even the Defiant had one.

I never knew the Defiant had a shuttle bay, dang, but thanks for me learning something new. Is there a DS9 episode showcasing that? I'd want to view that.
    it yields one new trait, like every other ship in the bundle - the other two already exist​​

Apart from the new Tier VI Mastery Trait for the Crossfield, at Tier V you get no less than 2 Traits. Haven't seen that before, ever. Granted, I don't have all ships ever made, but I only recall every ship so far only getting 1 Trait at Tier V -- even the first ship to introduce Tier VI (the Jem warship et al.) only made the ship account-wide at Tier VI, but came with no extra Trait, iirc.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Come on you Legendary bundle buyers, I want to hear/see reviews for the 10 new starship traits & the 10 ships' performances themselves & how you're enjoying them. I'm trying to talk myself into buying it before the zen bonus ends. Thanks in advance.
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store.

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also still distracted with my new Borg ship from the lock box. If later those ships will turn out to have superb traits or whatever I could still buy it as we get sales almost as often as we do get events. :p

*nods*

Not to sidestep too much, but having picked up the anni ship today, I realized the timing of the bundle may have been a bit off; or, rather, my head is still buzzing with 'Legendary ships' now, meaning the anni ship won't be on my mind for a while. Essentially I'm now distracted by the new Legendary ships. :)

Congrats on the anniversary ship! I wasn't too impressed with it visually till I saw it in-game last week then I was liking it. I still need to go-over the stats again for it. I've got a couple more days till I earn it. Again, congratulations!

*nods*

Congrats on the anniversary ship! I wasn't too impressed with it visually till I saw it in-game last week then I was liking it. I still need to go-over the stats again for it. I've got a couple more days till I earn it. Again, congratulations!

Thanks! :) I will fly it shortly, for sure. Gotta train up my Legendary ships first, though.

So far, I haven't really liked the looks of the anni ship. Still feels like a Fed and Klink ship were involved in some sort of freak transporter accident, and got mixed (like in 'The Fly'). We'll see, though, once I start flying it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There was the Mirror Crossfield, that's where that second 'older' Trait came from.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    The verdict is out the pack is worth every penny plus more. I don’t think they will break up the ships to be sold individually. Each ship is worth $150 dollars and that’s how much it is with bonuses now for that bundle . They said they didn’t want everyone flying the Connie. To keeps this out of hands of everyone it will stay bundled.
    download.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    The verdict is out the pack is worth every penny plus more. I don’t think they will break up the ships to be sold individually. Each ship is worth $150 dollars and that’s how much it is with bonuses now for that bundle . They said they didn’t want everyone flying the Connie. To keeps this out of hands of everyone it will stay bundled.

Naivety at it's finest :D

That said, I agree the connies will probably stay exclusive. But there is no doubt they will eventually sell the "normal" ships individually. Probably in the mudd store for a big price too.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

No ship is worth $150.

But yeah, there's no way anything but the "common" ships (Galaxy, Intrepid, etc) would ever end up sold singly.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    worth is subjective - a ship - or anything, for that matter - is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Naivety at it's finest :D

That said, I agree the connies will probably stay exclusive. But there is no doubt they will eventually sell the "normal" ships individually. Probably in the mudd store for a big price too.

Fully agreed that this will happen eventually. Exactly as you said too. Non-prize ship in the Mudd store for a silly price before the flash discounts.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I never knew the Defiant had a shuttle bay, dang, but thanks for me learning something new. Is there a DS9 episode showcasing that? I'd want to view that.

@foppotee#4552
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Chaffee_type_shuttlepod
    Here's the wiki page on the shuttle from Defiant. And the episode is The Sound of Her Voice. Season 6, ep 25.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

@foppotee#4552
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Chaffee_type_shuttlepod
    Here's the wiki page on the shuttle from Defiant. And the episode is The Sound of Her Voice. Season 6, ep 25.

Thank you! I'm hitting that link now & will probably watch that episode.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    So having mostly tooled around in the legendary oddessy, gotta say I like this ship. it's a solid cruiser, and that shuttlebay really adds to the feel of this ship being a one ship task force.
This discussion has been closed.