test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    The standard pack is 19500 zen while on sale. 19800 zen is enough to purchase it. Just barely
    That part of the equation is not in need of clarification.

Zen sale numbers are as there's been some numbers posted that aren't adding up. I will give the author of those numbers due credit with respect to demonstrating that the pack is actually 'on sale' for just under $150 though (pack sale + Zen sale).

This part is in need of clarification --> $100 = 13,500 Zen, $50 = 6300 Zen. Are these figures correct for the current Zen sale?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

This part is in need of clarification --> $100 = 13,500 Zen, $50 = 6300 Zen. Are these figures correct for the current Zen sale?

From what I see on the Arc site.. yes, those numbers are correct.

vQhe3bx.png
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm sorry, but all y'all are NOT DOING IT RIGHT! Do it ingame, and see:

q1WiOfW.jpg
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

q1WiOfW.jpg

That's not American Dollars though. Your 150 Euros would cost $162 not $150.

protoneous wrote: »

From what I see on the Arc site.. yes, those numbers are correct.
    Thanks. A visit to both the Arc charge web page and the ARC application charge page both read the same.

The ship pack price with the two combined sales is food for thought.
    <snip>
    Regardless of exact numbers, it's all your fault that I read your post with the :# in it and you had to point out how cheap the pack was with the two sales.

That's going to be one popular emoticon.

q1WiOfW.jpg

That's not American Dollars though. Your 150 Euros would cost $162 not $150.

Interesting. I thought it was 100, regardles of euro/dollar. But it does appear they adjusted for currency value differences. More bang for your Euro, it seems. :)

Regardless, even in dollars, $150 will get you the bundle (be it barely).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I bought the lower-priced bundle last night, I'd been back and forth over whether to do so but ultimately the combination of the reduced price and the Zen charge bonus tipped it over the line for me.

I've only had time to set up and play with the Donnie so far, but I'm impressed with how it performs.

The Sovvy, Glenn and Connie are the next three on my list to have a proper look at tonight after Picard.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    OMG! I just bought the bundle! Can't believe I did this! :# But it turned out there's a massive Zen sales going on too. So, I was now done for only $150 (with 2200+ Zen to spare). For that price, I just caved. Let's face it, I was willing to pay near $100 for the Defiant alone; if $50 exta got me the full bundle, well, there was no longer saying No to that (short of robbing my own wallet).

Shockingly, you decided not to get your "2 cupcakes" elsewhere.
    steaen wrote: »
    I bought the lower-priced bundle last night, I'd been back and forth over whether to do so but ultimately the combination of the reduced price and the Zen charge bonus tipped it over the line for me.

I've only had time to set up and play with the Donnie so far, but I'm impressed with how it performs.

The Sovvy, Glenn and Connie are the next three on my list to have a proper look at tonight after Picard.

So far I've messed around with the Defiant but only for visuals and pilot maneuvers. Then I went straight into the MW Constitution. Loving it so far. It's a great step up from my Temporal Light Cruiser.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Interesting. I thought it was 100, regardles of euro/dollar.

It goes by the current value of the currency. The Euro is currently slightly stronger then the US Dollar so yes, you get a little more per Euro then you do per dollar.

The values I listed are what US players pay rather they use the Arc site or do it from in game. It all connects to the same site.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    The current highest rated currency in the world is the Pd, then comes the Euro, then the USD.

The prices will differ depending on where your IP is.

As far as I know in USD with the bonuses it's around 160 and 220 to buy out both bundles respectively.

Though those who don't buy it aren't missing anything, so far dps wise only one Legendary trait is solid the rest are really hit or miss, so they won't change the world too much if you are high end dps centric.

But that seems to be the going rate with these things. Low end players will gain a faucet high end players will gain a trickle.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2020

It's all working out. Good job Cryptic.. I didn't think this would sell but you have proved me wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am shocked at how many 'Legendary' ships I have seen in game today.

And you have like 929 posts in this thread exactly supporting what you wrote here as well.

That’s a new high score. GG mate! :D

Players did not want to gamble anymore for their Enterprises, players love huge discounts... the pack is a major gift to us all and it has been well accepted. Folks should show more gratitude.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    It sold for 1 reason T6 Constitution in the C-Store probably the most sort after ship in the game. I've softened up to buying this pack, but will have to go with the cheaper 19500 zen version which should take me another 20 days of dil refining before I can put together the zen via the dilex. Not dropping a single penny on it, playing the long game and F2Ping it
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    20 days is 6 days past the cutoff point for the sale, so if you actually DO want the pack at its current price, you will will have to drop many, MANY pennies on it

or just construct additional pylons for added dil refinement capability, but you won't have enough time for that - not for this, anyway, but at least it will help with future limited-time sales...and bundles​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2020

It's all working out. Good job Cryptic.. I didn't think this would sell but you have proved me wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am shocked at how many 'Legendary' ships I have seen in game today.

And you have like 929 posts in this thread exactly supporting what you wrote here as well.

Players did not want to gamble anymore for their Enterprises, players love huge discounts... the pack is a major gift to us all and it has been well accepted. Folks should show more gratitude.

Yes, been seeing lots of these at ESD, or in queues like ISA ships with skins that could only possibly come from either of the new packs. Even then, some of the ships I've encountered could very well be one of these Legendaries but using different parts / skins, i.e. Legendary Galaxy with Galaxy parts and Type 7 skin instead of the distinctive Legendary Pack's Ross variant.
    XzRTofz.gif
    20 days is 6 days past the cutoff point for the sale, so if you actually DO want the pack at its current price, you will will have to drop many, MANY pennies on it

or just construct additional pylons for added dil refinement capability, but you won't have enough time for that - not for this, anyway, but at least it will help with future limited-time sales...and bundles​​

C-Store says sale ends in 24 days so I should have enough time. I have 4320000 dil already which at current prices is 9000ish zen so another 20 days will be an extra 5760000 dil (I have 36 characters) taking me to 10800000 dil and 22736 zen or if the exchange hits 500 cap worst case scenario 21600. So I should be ok for the 19500 bundle.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    c-store is wrong - the sale ends on the 27th​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User

C-Store says sale ends in 24 days so I should have enough time. I have 4320000 dil already which at current prices is 9000ish zen so another 20 days will be an extra 5760000 dil (I have 36 characters) taking me to 10800000 dil and 22736 zen or if the exchange hits 500 cap worst case scenario 21600. So I should be ok for the 19500 bundle.

The sale price of 19500 ends on the 27th - the pack itself reverts to the full price at that point, until it disappears at the point ussvaliant mentioned. Someone quoted info from a dev some pages back with the dates.
    edited February 2020

Ugh thanks for clarifying the end date. Typical Cryptic lack of proof reading. I was taking ingame info as gospel

Guess I'll have to wait for the next time its on sale in April or May possibly
    maR4zDV.jpg

And I am. :) Up until the patch, I wasn't going to get the pack; but when I came online, and saw the massive Zen charge discount as well, realizing I could get all for 150 euro (or even for $150), I was sold. Like I said earlier, already contemplating on getting 1 single Defiant, later, for about $80-100, I figured I would for ever regret it, not shelling out an exta 50 euros now, and just get the entire bundle already.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Apologies, I was actually trying to make 2 separate points with that post. 1) That if the ships are ever offered individually, they will most likely be priced higher than a regular T6 ship. That should be expected, because the way they are being offered isn't "normal." No other C-Store ships offer access to every other variant and the equipment of their lineage. 2) That since the Visier and Miradorn came out in the C-Store, people have been complaining about the prices. I anticipate these ships following similar pricing, therefore, there will be complaints. But despite those anticipated complaints, people have been asking exactly for this: a way to acquire Lockbox/Lobi/Promo ships from the C-Store as account unlocks at higher than normal prices.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thats all well and good, just dont confuse that stuff with the fact that most of the complaints about this bundle have nothing to do with any of that. Again, most of the bundle complaints are from people who want to buy a pilot defiant (just an example) without buying the entire bundle. So most of the complaints about this bundle are completely valid and completely unrelated to the lockbox ships.
    >
    > I guess my point is this: if you want to defend this bundle from complaints, then address the issue that the majority of the complaints are actually about.

Apologies again. I concede that there are folks who have an issue with the bundle because they only want a single ship and not willing to buy the whole thing for that one ship. I won't argue that. That's a valid objection. I took this as a given, but probably should've expressed that.

From a marketing perspective, I can understand making this initial offering only in the bundle and only for a limited time. It generates hype. It generates sales. There's no mistaking that. I do believe, however, that we can expect the ships to return after this limited time, and I would expect them to be offered individually at some point. It would be a mistake not to, in my opinion.

Agreed. "Limited time offer, buy now!" is pretty standard marketing. Some people may call that predatory but IMO it's commonplace. Offering high value for a higher price point is also pretty standard, especially on luxury items. And as BMR says, offering those items in smaller packs later (with both the availibility and the 'later' being conjecture to build hype and temptation to 'buy now') would just be good business sense.

It's the 10th anniversary. It's a known thing. If you didn't start setting Zen/cash aside for it 6 months ago then TBH you weren't really thinking about what "STO 10th Anniversary" implies. There was zero chance that they were going to offer lots of conveniently priced little individual packages.

There is a ton of value in this package for players like me who rarely buy anything because frankly, $30 for some game pixels just doesn't work for me. Ships, skins, consoles, weapons, traits, pets - all as account unlocks. For me personally the primary misstep they made was "10 ship slots", rather than making it 2 ship slots per character (which is what the package design calls for, really). Well that, and the laughable TRIBBLE they try to throw in for the Premium price package.

It's true that if you're the kind of player who's already bought variations of half of these ships, the package has less value. Still, as account unlocks, if even 2 ships/2 traits/2 consoles appeal to you, then the package comes close to justifying it's price right there.

(Edited: 5 packs of 2 ship slots is a decent offer. I would have preferred 2 per char still, but the current version works better for people with 5 or less characters - which is probably most.)
    it isn't 2 ship slots per character, no - but it IS 5 boxes of 2 slots each that are account bankable; so anywhere from 1-5 characters can make use of those slots

assuming you HAVE the account bank unlocked, obviously​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm really happy to see all of these new ships in game, as it allows me to keep playing the way I want.
    So thank you to the buyers of these bundles.
    Post edited by sennahcherib on
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store. I have bought the other ships simply to support Cryptic but have never really played them. I think I played maybe a dozen to get levels then got rid of them.

Nonetheless the bundle offers excellent value for sure dont get me wrong. It simply does not offer me as a Romulan (KDF) player anything. Frankly speaking, I was hoping they were going to come out with bundles for UFP & KDF players with Rom & Dom flavors or even stand alone packs. I was not expected a UFP only for the milestone anniversary. I play one UFP toon as an alt here and there but is a Xindi so it only uses the Xindi T6 ships as I have the full set plus the lobi cons.

I will however toss a couple hundred at Cryptic again because it is having the zen sale and I missed the last couple sales when I gave them money last quarter. I will save my zen for something yet to be discovered I guess. I'll likely give them $400 for last month and this month and simply wait as I have high hopes for future Romulan offerings due to Picard so as a good Romulan I'll bide my time and wait to see Cryptic's machinations.

On a side note, I really wish they would allow us to use dilithium to buy lobi or have Mudd sell lobi packs. Just sayin'...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    There is a ton of value in this package for players like me who rarely buy anything because frankly, $30 for some game pixels just doesn't work for me.

Oh I agree. The pack is definitely a good value for all of the items included, IF you actually want all of the items included. But it's a terrible value for people who only want a better Galaxy or Defiant, but don't want all of the other ships. Those folks have a completely valid and legitimate complaint, and no one should pretend they don't.

Me? I bought the whole pack and plan to fly each of the ships, so I'm happy with it. But we shouldn't only think about ourselves.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited February 2020

And I am. :) Up until the patch, I wasn't going to get the pack; but when I came online, and saw the massive Zen charge discount as well, realizing I could get all for 150 euro (or even for $150), I was sold. Like I said earlier, already contemplating on getting 1 single Defiant, later, for about $80-100, I figured I would for ever regret it, not shelling out an exta 50 euros now, and just get the entire bundle already.

Cool thing, the deal is alright here for real. GZ on your new fleet ma'am! B)

Its just about the peeps who want to pick out single ships which wont work. Well that seems the price to pay instead of gambling. And you know what... thats alright as well. :)
    animated.gif
    edited February 2020
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store.

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also still distracted with my new Borg ship from the lock box. If later those ships will turn out to have superb traits or whatever I could still buy it as we get sales almost as often as we do get events. :p
    animated.gif
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store.

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also still distracted with my new Borg ship from the lock box. If later those ships will turn out to have superb traits or whatever I could still buy it as we get sales almost as often as we do get events. :p

Yep. Yep.

I'm glad you are being entertained with your Borg ship. I should get it one day for my toons given they are liberated Borg after all.

I'm still having fun with the Jug as I'm on my sixth damage flavor gold build variant. I still think the PEN/DMG build is the best however.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
This discussion has been closed.