test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

connection issue, impossible to load a character

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
i don't know if someone else experience this problem, I can't load my toons (on new romulus), it stucks at 95.68% and crash.

there is a new message when i want to launch my toons: redirecting list of maps
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I had the same just an moment ago, also got an message saying disconnected with the loginserver IP-adress even in it.
    That redirecting message, I've seen multiple times for a couple of seconds since the last performance fix. Now it was like 10 seconds.

image.png
    image.png

• blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    i am not sure what is going on however whenever i have a problem with the game crashing i get the game to check all files and see if they are still there. hehe i know this may sound silly but it is a common problem and I always here one of my fleeties complain about it a few times a year.

So what you want to do is a "Force Verify" of your game files:

start the ARC launcher,

then select STO and in thhe sto launcher select options and in the pop up window select Force Verify

don't worry, once it runs it will un-sellect automatically

it is worth a shot

It could be a missing or corrupted file that is crashing your game and if so then this is your solution.

Even if it is not a Force Verify should be done once or twice a year anyway.

good luck
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    it was a temporary problem, not sure why it happened, but now everything works fine. :)
This discussion has been closed.