test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Opinions on Lobi Ground weapons

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
With a current 30% discount and 155 Lobi in hand i am considering a purchase of some Lobi ground weapons.
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lobi_Crystal_Consortium#Ground_Gear

The ones i already have in my inventory are
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Boolean_Heavy_Assault_Cannon
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vaadwaur_Polaron_Assault_Debilitator
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vaadwaur_Polaron_Rapid_Split_Bolt_Rifle
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fluidic_Antiproton_Wrist_Lance
and
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ferengi_Energy_Whip

I would like opinions on some of the remaining Lobi weapons, in particular:
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Elachi_Crescent_Cannon_Pistol
[Hur'q Acoustic Resonator]
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hunter_Energy_Crossbow
[B.A.T.D. Extractor]

Use will most likely be on science characters.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    From what I understand, this is probably one of the worst weapons in the game.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    You got the useless stuff but didnt get the best weapon in the game Herald AntiProton beam Staff
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I like the TWoK phaser and Jayla's staff.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    daimon97 wrote: »
    You got the useless stuff but didnt get the best weapon in the game Herald AntiProton beam Staff

The looks of the herald weapon particularly put me off in addition to it being a mere boring Deeps weapon. I honestly cannot see myself using that weapon EVER so i excluded it from the list.

The weapons i currently have are all used in theme builds with the exception the Boolian, but who doesn't like to haul around a hunking cannon.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    the BATD extractor is apparently rather powerful once you've gotten a few distinctiveness stacks going - but i haven't yet been able to try mine to confirm this

obviously, it will be far more powerful on maps that have a lot of weaker enemies on to actually GET distinctiveness stacks on - which is basically...every ground queue

plus, it just looks awesome - it's as big as the boolean cannon, but it's a boolean cannon strapped to your ARM​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    phaser full auto (dsc) is by far the best ground weapon available atm. would be my #1 pick (in case i would've missed the free one via measures part 1)
    the BATD extractor is apparently rather powerful once you've gotten a few distinctiveness stacks going - but i haven't yet been able to try mine to confirm this

obviously, it will be far more powerful on maps that have a lot of weaker enemies on to actually GET distinctiveness stacks on - which is basically...every ground queue

plus, it just looks awesome - it's as big as the boolean cannon, but it's a boolean cannon strapped to your ARM​​

Does anyone know if your boffs make proper use of the BATD extractor? If so it might be fun to give it to a Borg Boff.
    i doubt it - the AI never uses special firing modes on weapons correctly​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    felisean wrote: »
    phaser full auto (dsc) is by far the best ground weapon available atm. would be my #1 pick (in case i would've missed the free one via measures part 1)

I thought the Herald Staff was the best ground weapon

I thought the Herald Staff was the best ground weapon

From most comments i have seen the Herald Staff is favored because it is easy to use and has a chain attack.
    Fully upgraded this weapon probably has the highest DPS in the game:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Federation_Type_1_Phaser_(Wide)

It's somewhat situational though.
    This weapon from that Lobi store may also be a strong contender:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Type_II_Phaser_Compression_Pistol_(c._2285)

For the science characters i am looking to equip DPS is not really an issue since everything dies swiftly anyway to the various magics.
  • testsubject228testsubject228 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Hes not kidding absolutely love this weapon.
    I opted for the BATD and Hur'Q weapon. Both are brutal to say the least.

First is more DPS oriented with a nice healing /debuff edge and the latter is potent for crowd control and damage.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Of the Lobi weapons, the Khaaanon (Boolean), Section 31 Phaser Pistol, and Herald Staff thingie are fantastic.

If you have kit abilities that pull targets together, i.e. Temporal "Paradox Bomb" the Khaaanon carves through all the bunched up targets for high damage. Reload is slow, but damage is awesome and every shot is rewarding. Single target it still smashes foes quite well, but combined with CC abilities, that's where the Khaanon is at its best.

Section 31 Pistol is a great one also. Think of it as a Wide Angle Pistol, the secondary attack is the typical Expose, but the regular shot is Exploit. You can go to a bunch of targets, use the secondary Expose attack, then immediately follow up with the primary Exploit attacks in short, rapid succession. Only weakness IMO is the typical pistol range.

The Herald Staff from the Lobi Store has long been wildly popular and is effective in just consistently chaining damage. Range is awesome, there's not much thought process to it. Just spam away and stuff just dies.

I bought the BATD and still seeing how it goes. It's single target oriented but there's lots of things going on under the hood of this weapon.
    XzRTofz.gif
    I will be testing the BATD on my borg doff later. If it used the tertiary fire mode it'll be very amusing.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I just got the DSC rifle and I have to say, it's the best weapon I've used in a long time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I was going to pick one up, but remembered I already had some Discovery weapons. I checked the Bank and I had four sitting in there. Got them when they had the 50% Lobi Sale.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I will be testing the BATD on my borg doff later. If it used the tertiary fire mode it'll be very amusing.
    I tried it, results are... not sure TBH. I don't think my Boff ever used the tertiary. There may not be an AI trigger to use it unfortunately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I just got the DSC rifle and I have to say, it's the best weapon I've used in a long time.

Same here, I had one I got a while back just for the aesthetic but never got around to really playing with it. Took it to Epic, engineered the mods the way I want and it's a very strong weapon. Picked up a few more during the Lobi Sale for other characters as well.

I never liked the Herald Staff, I used it because it was so strong but hated the aesthetic. The DSC Lobi Rifle is replacing it on many of my characters. It's much more to my liking.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    i have less of an issue with the wizard staff's aesthetics than i do with its firing sound...that horrid screeching seriously needs replacing​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    My favourite is Jaylahs staff on my Electromancer

If you have a tendancy to fight at multiple ranges like I tend to do, its a great weapon - sniper for long range, bolt for mid and then a decently strong melee up close and personal - plus the more you fire the primary bolt, the faster you run which makes meleeing even easier. As my build involves dropping the deployable zapping pylons to make a huge killzone/area of denial the speed boost makes doing this even easier

The acoustic cannon is a secondary favorite but its forte is in mass target extermination - the way it works is the more enemies in the cone, the more shots it fires - one enemy turning it into a typical bolt primary. The secondary is effective, especially if you group up enemies - in a multi target scenario the acoustic cannon is superb but its best used on a player who can switch weapons when theres only one target to maximise damage potential

The hunter crossbow is an odd, odd weapon I'd say is less for pve, more for pvp but even then is rather lacking - primary is a bolt that gains armor penetration the closer you are while the secondary increases shield pen in an tiny aoe. It can be used in pve, but its better used as a support weapon in teams for its secondary than primary via secondary shot replenishment abilities
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have the Hunter Set on one of my Away Team members in the Full (4) Team, not the Normal (2) Team.

I did pick up the Hur'q Acoustic last night. I took one of my Discovery Rifles last night and equipped it on my Character in place of Terran Dual Pistols and went to Nakura for the Hard Endeavor. Did well with it. The Secondary Fire Mode sort of reminds me of an anemic Thompson Secondary.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Same here, I had one I got a while back just for the aesthetic but never got around to really playing with it. Took it to Epic, engineered the mods the way I want and it's a very strong weapon. Picked up a few more during the Lobi Sale for other characters as well.

I never liked the Herald Staff, I used it because it was so strong but hated the aesthetic. The DSC Lobi Rifle is replacing it on many of my characters. It's much more to my liking.

Can anyone share the Rifle I couldnt find it on wiki or at the store lol what is the name?

Can anyone share the Rifle I couldnt find it on wiki or at the store lol what is the name?

Edit: nevermind found it
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I bought the energy whip for fun, long long ago. Its nothing special, basically equivalent to a stun pistol. If you want performance, find something else.
    I bought the energy whip for fun, long long ago. Its nothing special, basically equivalent to a stun pistol. If you want performance, find something else.

Bought the elachi gun on a sci toon earlier (forgot i had it). It's pretty fun on the elachi boff with crowd control.

The whip is simply a must have on any Orion Char.
    I should create a female orion char, dress her up in black leather and then equip her with a whip.

Bought the elachi gun on a sci toon earlier (forgot i had it). It's pretty fun on the elachi boff with crowd control.

I should create a female orion char, dress her up in black leather and then equip her with a whip.

kinky :D

kinky :D

That's the idea.
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I use the Advanced magic staff on 2 of my mains, Vaad Rapid Split Bolt on my werewolf toon, and Emperor's Sword on my Wizard101-based toon.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I'm using the sphere builder antiproton repulsor on my science sorceress, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It was also my main's, ah, main weapon before she switched to the Section 31 pistol.
This discussion has been closed.