test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The blog for the bundle appears to have disappeared again, so it seems the next (and possibly final) reveal is imminent.

Thank Gawd. These disappearing posts are getting really tiresome. It will be great to finally be able to talk about these ships once they have all been officially revealed :p

hopefully we also get announcement of zen sale as well... otherwise I wont be buying zen for this pack. maybe next year, if still playing and it's up again at same price point.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It's up now, both connies officially revealed!
    TOS: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11365453
    Discovery: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11365213

Disco connie looks pretty good, I'm a bit disappointed though that it's new skin isn't based on the mirror universe wireframe of the Defiant in season 1. Idk if it's just me, but the TOS connie looks like it might be a downgrade from the Promo store version as it has 4/4 weapons instead of 5/3. I hear MW is good for DPS though so maybe that'll make up for the change in weapons layout.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Miracle Worker on the TOS Constitution, yay!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    TOS Connie has Jefferies Phase II and pilot show variants, this is now a very tempting bundle for me.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Now that the idiotic censorship is done...three Connies and no Excelsior. WTF.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I've wanted the Eaves pylons on the DSC Connie since it was originally announced! Thank you for this!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2020

It does seem a bit odd, but at the same time the only ships it could logically replace would be the Disco Connie and the Odyssey since they are the only two in the pack that weren't the central hero ship in any show or movie. Disco Connie will sell better than the Excelsior would I think, so it that just leaves the Odyssey. Personally I do think they should have included the Excelsior instead of the currently non-canon Odyssey, but I also can't fault Cryptic for wanting to include their own flagship Fed ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

I don't want to create any false hopes, but in the past, big ship packs like this usually had a 'surprise ship' added before it was released. It's at least a possibility.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

I don't want to create any false hopes, but in the past, big ship packs like this usually had a 'surprise ship' added before it was released. It's at least a possibility.

Usually?
    I remember only one - Delta Pack with the Dauntless (well, maybe the Gama Pack too, with the T5 ships included)
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Anyway lets get to the ships.

TRIBBLE Connie is pretty good but IMO the MW Promo ship is just flat out better. Not that it matter when you do not have it...
    Turn rate goes down from 9 to 7, you will notice that.
    Promo ship can mount one more Tac console due to MW Uni Console slot.
    The Tac station is only Lt compared to LtCmdr on the promo ship.
    Overall this is still a very balanced ship in terms of allowing a lot of builds and still being powerful. If you have no access to the promo this is a very good ship indeed.

The TOS/TMP Connie is also very good.
    4/4 is only a noticeable downgrade if you wanted dual beam banks.
    It can now mount 5 Tac consoles due to the MW Uni slot.
    The Boff stations are bit of a down? The promo ship only has 4 but its 3x LtCmdr + 1x Cmdr.
    This has 5 but it is 3x Lt, 1x LtCmdr and 1x Cmdr.
    Anyway again does it matter? 99% of people do not have the promo ship anyway and this thing is again very good byitself.

Both account traits sound very good. Need to see it but they sound like a nice dmg +.

Comment on Defiant trait: Sounds like a must have for high end builds. But need to see numbers. Anyway it sounds good.

So for me:

Defiant: Want
    Sovereign: Want
    TOS/TMP Connie: Want
    TRIBBLE Connie: Want
    JJ Connie: Want
    Galaxy: I take it
    Odyssey: I take it
    NX: I take it
    Intrepid: Meh
    Crossfield: Meh

So I will buy it.
    I just hope we get a Zen charge bonus on valentines day. I think I could press the final cost down to 120€ depending on the bonus… if not it is 150… oh well.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Why would there be an Excelsior? It was never a hero ship.

It was always a hero to me.
    Workhorse of the fleet together with the Miranda for 100+ years in service.
    What a hero ;)

Edit: Funny that the Connie which was only in service for a couple of decades got "build to last" trait... lol.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @whistlerdavid said:
    > i am hoping for a legendary Vesta Multi-Mission Explorer to be one of the last 2 ships

I responded to this earlier this morning and said no, the final two would be the Temporal and Discovery Constitutions. Smokebailey agreed and both posts were deleted. Literally, a couple of hours before the reveal. The reveal has the stats we offered none. The statement was consistent with what appeared at the end of Measure of Morality Part 2 and confirmed by Kael that everyone had figured it out by then. I may name one of these ships 'Lord Acton'.

Looks like they flipped the Specializations between the two Constitutions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Of course it was. Sulu's Excelsior in Undiscovered Country, and Enterprise B, to say nothing of its ubiquitous presence in the TNG+era. If Enterprise F is a hero ship, despite not even being hard canon, yet is still in this bundle, then Enterprise B is automatically more qualified.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User

Well what if you don't want any of these promo/lockbox ships? You just want the things Picard and Sisko flew to great reknown. You don't get a choice to buy just the Shiny! Galaxy and Defiant. This is entirely unlike anything they've done before as you've always been able to buy the ship individually or in faction packs in the case of Mega bundles.
    ^^^
    Um, they have NEVER sold any Lock/Promo Box or Lobi ship as an ACCOUNT WIDE unlock before...(which is what few of these ships honestly are) - so yes, while it is unlike anything they've done before - you've never been able to just outright buy a Lobi or Lock?Promo Box ship as an account wide unlock DIRECTLY from the C-Store. And if you wanted what Kirk (TOS or JJ-Verse) Lorca, Georgiou or Pike (in the current ST: D series) flies, you ONLY had the Promo/Lockbox option to get those ships.

And given Cryptic MAKES the majority of their profit from the sale of Zen to buy keys/Promo Boxes (in the hope that player X will get the Lock/Promo Box ship he/she wants - or generate enough Lobi to also get a Lobi ship, etc.) - their logic here probably is:

- They are willing to give you the opportunity to pony $195 (sale price)/$300 (normal list price) in one lump sum to get all this.

- If that's too much in one go; sorry but go buy your Master Keys piecemeal and get lucky/earn enough EC through various means to get the Lock/Promo Box character only version.

All the ships in that bundle are pretty much Lock/promo Box or Lobi ship level. So I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them show up in a future Lock/Promo Box or added to the Infinity Boxes in between the time the Anniversary Pack is re-offered as they have said many times it's limited.

I've NEVER liked the way Lock Boxes work in ANY F2P MMO. That said, to say that they've always offered ships like these individually on the C-Store would be inaccurate too. They've NEVER done a Pack with so many multiple Lock/Promo Box or Lobi level ships that they've also made account wide unlocks IF you buy the Pack, before, ever.

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2020

"Hero" ship is the wrong terminology because it is open to interpretation. In fact, there is no single term that really explains this situation without elaboration. But to put it as simply as possible, these ships are only the "main" ships that were the focus of a TV show or movie. So while Sulu's ship was definitely cool and heroic and even "legendary", the Enterprise was still the "main" ship in that movie.

(the obvious exception to my comment above is the fact that they flew the Klingon BOP in TVH).

Edit: I'm wrong again, because the disco Enterprise wasn't even the "main" ship of Discovery. So...yeah.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited February 2020

Of course it was. Sulu's Excelsior in Undiscovered Country, and Enterprise B, to say nothing of its ubiquitous presence in the TNG+era. If Enterprise F is a hero ship, despite not even being hard canon, yet is still in this bundle, then Enterprise B is automatically more qualified.

As it was not primary to a series or set of films then it is not considered a hero ship in relation to this bundle. Notable exception being the DSC Constitution but that is due to special circumstances.

The Odyssey is here because it is STO's Hero Ship and this is STO's 10th Anniversary.

Besides, this is about Legendary ships not just Hero ships. Archer's Enterprise, Pike's Enterprise, Kirk's Enterprises [both of him], Picard's Enterprises [both of them], Shon's Enterprise, Sisko's Defiant, Janeway's Voyager, and even Discovery are considered legendary for who was aboard them and the amount of history associated with them both in and out of universe.

Sulu's Excelsior, while both he and it are exceptional and can no doubt be called heroic without stretching any definition, does not rise to the level of legendary. This isn't about the classes, as both the Miranda and Excelsior can be considered legendary given the service life of the designs, but specific ships and their crews.

Well what if you don't want any of these promo/lockbox ships? You just want the things Picard and Sisko flew to great reknown. You don't get a choice to buy just the Shiny! Galaxy and Defiant. This is entirely unlike anything they've done before as you've always been able to buy the ship individually or in faction packs in the case of Mega bundles.
    ^^^
    Um, they have NEVER sold any Lock/Promo Box or Lobi ship as an ACCOUNT WIDE unlock before...(which is what few of these ships honestly are) - so yes, while it is unlike anything they've done before - you've never been able to just outright buy a Lobi or Lock?Promo Box ship as an account wide unlock DIRECTLY from the C-Store. And if you wanted what Kirk (TOS or JJ-Verse) Lorca, Georgiou or Pike (in the current ST: D series) flies, you ONLY had the Promo/Lockbox option to get those ships.

And given Cryptic MAKES the majority of their profit from the sale of Zen to buy keys/Promo Boxes (in the hope that player X will get the Lock/Promo Box ship he/she wants - or generate enough Lobi to also get a Lobi ship, etc.) - their logic here probably is:

- They are willing to give you the opportunity to pony $195 (sale price)/$300 (normal list price) in one lump sum to get all this.

- If that's too much in one go; sorry but go buy your Master Keys piecemeal and get lucky/earn enough EC through various means to get the Lock/Promo Box character only version.

All the ships in that bundle are pretty much Lock/promo Box or Lobi ship level. So I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them show up in a future Lock/Promo Box or added to the Infinity Boxes in between the time the Anniversary Pack is re-offered as they have said many times it's limited.

I've NEVER liked the way Lock Boxes work in ANY F2P MMO. That said, to say that they've always offered ships like these individually on the C-Store would be inaccurate too. They've NEVER done a Pack with so many multiple Lock/Promo Box or Lobi level ships that they've also made account wide unlocks IF you buy the Pack, before, ever.

I'm not sure why you're replying to what I wrote there. My point was regarding NOT wanting the box ships. If someone doesn't want those, they don't have the choice for individual purchase of the ships that already have Cstore versions.

I can agree that if you want one or two of these box ships, this is a good deal unless you are luck incarnate. That wasn't the situation I was entertaining though.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The ONLY T6 Lockbox ship you can buy as an account Unlock is in the Picard Bundle... $120 retail price.

The ships in the Legendary Pack are not the same ships... same/updated ship models with different layouts. It's not the same ship... it was brought up before as a possible solution to previous Cardassian lockbox ships being sold on the zen store if they released them with different specializations if they added a Cardy mini faction.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I will say one more thing: WRT all the skins, etc. they are putting into this pack, you'd THINK they'd have found the time to give the 2256 era Disco-Prize the 1701 Bridge seen in the ST: D episode "Such Sweet Sorrow", but nope. :(
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,294 Community Moderator
    They've said they want to do the bridge for the Donnie. But there's only so much dev time that they have, and they have to prioritize that. It's always possible that a dev could decide to develop it in their personal time, but that can't be expected.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Thank You Very Much Cryptic, this bundle is a treasure. What a gift for us to celebrate 10 years with than this bundle.
    download.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    The ship pack is the epitome of ignoring a big portion of their playerbase and therefore is the worst among anniversary packs.(ignore KDF check, Ignore romulans check, ignore JH check...

Ignore non-whales... o:)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    They've said they want to do the bridge for the Donnie. But there's only so much dev time that they have, and they have to prioritize that. It's always possible that a dev could decide to develop it in their personal time, but that can't be expected.

Yeah, I mean aside from the dev doing it in their free time scenario, it's really about return on investment. At this point the question is how many people WON'T buy a ship because it doesn't have a bridge that WOULD have bought it if it did? I honestly doubt the number is very high. I don't think the bridge is going to really make that much of a difference in the long run, especially considering the fact that ship interiors don't actually matter in this game.

Thank You Very Much Cryptic, this bundle is a treasure. What a gift for us to celebrate 10 years with than with this bundle.

I like this post for a variety of reasons.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Thank You Very Much Cryptic, this bundle is a treasure. What a gift for us to celebrate 10 years with than with this bundle.

I like this post for a variety of reasons.

As do I.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    (I haven't checked if Jem'Hadar can fly Romulan ships now, I probably should do that.)

They can. My J-H is flying a Romulan T5U Ar'kif Tactical Carrier. He hasn't flown it in any missions as yet, just flying around as he does Q's Omega hunt.

But I do like it on Miko, my RomFemale. She's pretty badass in it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, now I can use an R&D Ship Pack and Kelvin Divergence Ship Pack on ships other than the Temporal and Kelvin Constitutions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    The big pack is really tempting now. Still too expensive for me to justify my limited budget on, sadly.

When it comes to bridges... As long as the lighting is good enough for outfit screenshots, it's good enough for me. ;)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > Well, now I can use an R&D Ship Pack and Kelvin Divergence Ship Pack on ships other than the Temporal and Kelvin Constitutions.

I recommend the Tlaru personally. It's one of my favorite ships in the game and is a nice interesting Carrie with a very unique design. The Dx4 is also very good but I just prefer the Tlaru more.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
This discussion has been closed.