test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q Omega DS9 Ground Broken

divimdivim Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
No idea if it is me or if others are experiencing it too but DS9 Ground isn't showing any Omega particles and the quest marker doesn't display either. I have looked on the Promenade lower, upper, and Ops. All locations are void of Omega Particles and quest markers.

EDIT: Found a particle but there was no quest circle to display quest area which led me to believe it was broken.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    You know, I remember they had to fix all the Omega Particles on DS9 ground last year.... they were difficult to find. Because I was running around taking pictures of where they were showing up so people could check the location.

I can't remember exactly what was going wrong with it last year. I believe the scan was not working among other things. But they did fix it after tons of complaints.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Here is last year's posting... see if some of the comments in there help.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246617/can-not-complete-qs-omega-molecule-stabilization-on-ds9

Here is the thread where I was tracking locations on DS9... pictures should still be up on Imgur.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246688/ds9-ground-omega-game-locations

There was a patch that fixed DS9 ground Omega games... and the scanners started working there on 31 January 2019.

Though I looked up the patch notes...there is nothing mentioned there, so the news that it got fixed must have been posted at a different source..otherwise I would have not gone to test it out that day.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    The scan works but last I was on DS9 there were no markers. Just run around the 2nd level, one will appear soon.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    When I was doing it there was either no marker or just a giant one encompassing the whole map. Either way, the mission marker was not helpful at all.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    The time I went to DS9... I luckily saw one half way through the ceiling from the ground floor... so it was just a matter of getting up the stairs. I left after that because well, that covered my daily.... and it is so much easier to farm them in DS9 Space map.