test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 2/7/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 2/7, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11364743

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thank you for getting this fixed so quickly.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Actually not soon enough for some of us, I would have had emergency maintenance immediately for this issue as it locks your Toon from loading if you happened into the battlezone becuase that's what the endeavors were.

So basically STO is now unplayable for me until they fix this.

Am I going to get my Toon back after the patch?
  • r3vengespiritr3vengespirit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree with thlaylierah

Having this bug run rampart for 10 more hours from now isn't really fast in my opinion.
    An emergency maintenence yesterday would've been appropriate.
    I was lucky that my ALT character got unstuck somehow while loading into "A Step Between Stars" because apperently it's not only the Battlezone or command but also missions involving the Sphere but others may not be so lucky
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    You know it may have taken them that long to actually identify the cause... right? Its not like they can just flip a switch and fix it instantly.
    Fixing it the next day is better than waiting an entire week for the next regular patch day. Odds are if they had a fix sooner they would have pushed it out sooner.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You know it may have taken them that long to actually identify the cause... right? Its not like they can just flip a switch and fix it instantly.
    Fixing it the next day is better than waiting an entire week for the next regular patch day. Odds are if they had a fix sooner they would have pushed it out sooner.

This right here.

They had to identify the cause, then come up with a fix/solution. Once they had that fix they (where possible) had to run some internal tests on their own servers to ensure the fix did not cause a cluster munch with something else.

Once that was done it needed to be packaged up in a patch that could be applied to the servers and systems. Another confirmation most likely was needed for the green light for all systems to be go from management.

Depending on how patches are programmed/applied in the system it might be a automated task/software. The patch would need to be loaded onto this system with the necessary settings to ensure it started to apply while the servers are down.

This is all spitwalling off the top of my head with the work i have done in the IT Industry over almost two decades. A very brief glimpse outside into their internal workings. There is a massive amount more i could write potentially hypothesising what they do. But i dont want anyone to have to read out a article in size similar to the Microsoft Technet articles.

"shivers"
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Endeavors that were there were localized to only some people. Mine were all on Nimbus III yesterday. Unless you had all your Characters parked in the Dyson Zone, any Alt could have progressed the Event doing the Omega games.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • killerdragon79killerdragon79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Luckily enough I could finish my endeavour using my other toon :)
    Thank you for fixing it so quickly.
  • mastergeek30mastergeek30 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I mean, I'm glad they're getting it fixed. I'd be happier if they'd fixed it at 1:05 am after they made this post instead of two days of maintenance during the only time I have time to play on a weekday. After yesterday's maintenance I was all pumped to hop in this morning, but nope!
  • qwe456345qwe456345 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Pretty damn sure I know what bug they're talking about on Khitomer Stasis, was going through it a few days ago and we couldn't go pasty the entrance to the part involving the nodes, I mean, I accidentally learned we could jump over the sides, but apart from that, couldn't figure out how to get back up to the thnig
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Beat me to it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Guys come on calm down. There is way too much flaming going on here. Everyone needs to keep their cool. @baddmoonrizin will start moderating posts out if this continues.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Thanks for the quick fix, Cryptic! May everyone who is stuck in the Dyson Battlezone and at Dyson Joint Command be free to move around the galaxy. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    giphy.gif
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.