test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WARNING - Do NOT go to Dyson ground zone

13»

Comments

• jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Of course I find out the hard way. I had three endeavors that would have been completed in the sphere. They better extend the days for the anniversary ship.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Patch for the Dyson zone tomorrow, posted on main page.

Re: Anniversary Ship: Considering you can do the event on any alt and get progress now, and there are methods that don't involve dyson zone, probably not. Are all your alts trapped there?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    Re: Anniversary Ship: Considering you can do the event on any alt and get progress now, and there are methods that don't involve dyson zone, probably not. Are all your alts trapped there?

I'm not sure if it was here or in the Twitter replies, but I did see at least one person who said they had previously logged off with all of their characters in that zone. As massive as this issue is for those affected (I was not), I certainly think a one day extension is warranted.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Goddamnit.

And I have BOTH my captains in the Dyson Command.
  • briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (Discussion of moderation and trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    And my tribbles aren't even close to cursing.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »

I'm not sure if it was here or in the Twitter replies, but I did see at least one person who said they had previously logged off with all of their characters in that zone. As massive as this issue is for those affected (I was not), I certainly think a one day extension is warranted.

Ouch, hadn't noticed that entirely. That really sucks. Yeah, they should give an extra day then.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited February 2020
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Well, gives me time to go play XCOM 2 or DDO. Or peruse my Subverse 2020 calendar. >:) Gonna enjoy this vacation from a Cryptic game. Maybe in the future, the idea of giving a patch a rigorous testing on the tribble server before foisting it on the guinea pigs who play on live would be looked closer at. Especially if there's a game-breaker such as zones causing crashes. It seems that the game continues to get less and less stable as time goes on.
  • granitia4380#7320 granitia4380 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I was there,. It did not effect me .. No crashes ... No Problems .. i wonder why I was not effected ??????
  • nucleus#4788 nucleus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Undine BZ went from planet killers to server killed
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Undine BZ went from planet killers to server killed

Hehe, I had a personal endeavor today, to go kill Undine in their BZ, and I kept almost forgetting that it is inside the Dyson Sphere too. :) Which kinda underlined the severity of the matter, as many ppl get endeavors to go kill grond Voth (Contested Zone) or kill Undine ships. So, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few got stuck there. All the more reason I'm glad they're taking care of it so promptly. :) And, as irony would have it, endeavour reroll was broken again today too; but that's best discussed elsewhere, I reckon.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    To be very honest, and try to derail the post a little as posible, we all know that there is a lot of methods that the devs inform us, so, not checking social networks is kind of shooting yourselfs in the foot, they are free and... well... there, i have twitter, face and reddit, and only follow STO, so i get the latest announcements... and i'm not dying for that, but well, seems that's just me. I hope this gets fixed soon, as the crashing is on many maps, not only on dyson ones (dyson is the worst)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    There was also an incident of a certain... organization... coopting the frame for one of their own pics

Now that's a big yikes right there. I believe I know the group you are talking about, and I've recently noticed that they don't seem to be around anymore. Did they finally get themselves banned or did they just get bored and leave?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Good question. I think I saw one in game at Sol, but they haven't been around the forums...
    Been quite for maybe a year or two now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Its great they got the zone back up and working. But dear god the rubberbanding is horrific in this map. The same goes for the Space contested zone as well. I've been running space RTFO's and yes the odd small spike but nothing to disruptive. I go into the Ground Battlezone and nasty rubberbanding be it simply pressing the arrow keys to move a few steps closer to a console to activate, running across the zone or being in combat. Its every 15-20secs longer if i'm lucky.

Cryptic please take a look at this. I've changed and replaced my Ethernet cable. Had my ISP check my connection with no faults found, Flushed DNS, Reset modern, Changed settings in the game with reduce CPU/GPU usage (which seemed to improve things a few days back but not now)
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • rankavik#9039 rankavik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    They could at least post red letters in chat every 15 min to warn us about problem but no, even when they knew about problem they waited regular time to fix that with who knows how many players already stuck and others about to stuck. I am one of the lucky ones, lost "only" 16 hours on my main.
    Cant even find "we are sorry for inconvenience" from them, sad.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Anyone else experiencing higher than usual lag in Dyson since the patch?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Anyone else experiencing higher than usual lag in Dyson since the patch?

Definitely. I thought it was just me. :blush:
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had rubberbanding in ESD last night running from the transporter to the Bank. I'd end up behind the wall and guard to Quinn's promenade. I also got one of those red waiting on server countdowns too, and I haven't had one of those in years. I suspect a lot of the Auto claims of Admiralty Cards was putting great pressure on the servers.

I haven't been on today, yet.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.