test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Reckoning I.S.S. Enterprise Bug?

hadscho1hadscho1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi,

is it normal that the I.S.S. Enterprise goes around in a big eight flight manouver at full impulse and doesn't stop even if you catch up to her and engage her in a fight?

The things I have tried up to now:

.) logging out and in
.) restarting the game completly
.) logging out and staying off for a few hours so that I continued the mission with the whole stage starting anew

*edit: to clarify the problem is that while having the Objective (Defeat the I.S.S. Enterprise and the Terran Fleet) she runs away really fast without triggering the next mission goal (Catch the I.S.S. Enterprise according to the wiki). I tried to "defeat" her by going full-3/4 Impulse in front of her and let the AI Ships do the damage dealing but then she warps away and comes instantly back at her initial spawn.

Next I'm going to restart the whole mission and hope it works this time.
Post edited by hadscho1 on
Tagged:

Answers

• axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Same problem, she keeps flying around in circles at full impulse and can not be engaged in combat (she just keeps flying at full speed), mission not possible to complete for me.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Temporal Tiles in Hallway on Ragnarok episode with KDF character messed up, some white, some looking like your messed up door.
  • jrose1981jrose1981 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue> @hadscho1 said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is it normal that the I.S.S. Enterprise goes around in a big eight flight manouver at full impulse and doesn't stop even if you catch up to her and engage her in a fight?
    >
    > The things I have tried up to now:
    >
    > .) logging out and in
    > .) restarting the game completly
    > .) logging out and staying off for a few hours so that I continued the mission with the whole stage starting anew
    >
    > *edit: to clarify the problem is that while having the Objective (Defeat the I.S.S. Enterprise and the Terran Fleet) she runs away really fast without triggering the next mission goal (Catch the I.S.S. Enterprise according to the wiki). I tried to "defeat" her by going full-3/4 Impulse in front of her and let the AI Ships do the damage dealing but then she warps away and comes instantly back at her initial spawn.
    >
    > Next I'm going to restart the whole mission and hope it works this time.

Did you end up having any luck? I attempted a full restart and still didn't work. For now I am just going to skip it and come back to it once ARC decides to address it I guess.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Cryptic is the one who decides to address it, Arc is the publisher. People almost always get that confused.

Edit: I got confused and thought Arc is the publisher. They are not. They are the platform like Steam, Origin, etc. Perfect World Entertainment (PWE) is the publisher. Oops. My bad. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    First the bad news, someone changed this mission as this isn't how it's supposed to go. Originally you kept chasing her and defeating her fleets. After you defeat her Terran fleet and get her to 80% health she flies off to the Krenim fleet at which time you fall back due to overwhelming odds. Noye then tells her to quit goofing off and the Krenim fleet departs.

Second, the good news. You can complete this mission. If you can get close enough to tractor her and damage her, eventually she flies off normally to rejoin the Krenim fleet.

[img][/img]l7Zh2pl.jpg
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on

Second, the good news. You can complete this mission. If you can get close enough to tractor her and damage her, eventually she flies off normally to rejoin the Krenim fleet.

Doesn't seem to work for me, tried to slow her down with tractor beams, gravity wells etc. She just keeps on going.

• egyasegyas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Same here. I'm stuck on this one. She outruns torps, and even completely ignores a tractor beam from my fleet. :(

There has to be a fix out there for this.
  • euthanizer#3840 euthanizer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, its obvious they dont read the forums.
    Well, its obvious they dont read the forums.

They do read the forums, they just do not always respond. They have one who reads the respective bug report threads (the more specific, the better). In turn they add these to a list and prioritize certain ones for fixing, others for later, etc. Then they pass it through QA and then to one of the maintenance patches. Sometimes QA catches bugs before the patch is implemented and sometimes not.
  • mordey0990#3923 mordey0990 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same for me as well, tried all the above and the ISS Enterprise just keeps circling at full impulse.
    Need a fix for this
    Problem still persists, still not able to complete the mission, fix please.
  • cassilda#7197 cassilda Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I'm reporting this bug too. I had to repeat the "Die is Cast" mission segment three times before I could finally block the I.S.S. Enterprise with the tractor beam and do enough damage: otherwise Leeta's Enterprise is forever stuck in a full impulse loop and never enters in combat.
    Without using the tractor beam trick, the Enterprise continues aimlessly to wander around space.
  • miketalonnycmiketalonnyc Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Continues to be bugged, can confirm ISS Enterprise never enters combat, and therefore flies at full impulse continuously. hangar pets tried to slow her down with tractors, no luck at all. could never get her below 90% which meant by the time she got back in range she was healed to full.

Mission is bugged, it is not completable with standard player equipment.
    Same problem for me. Tried restarting the "Dye is Cast" sequence, but the Enterprise is still flying around, and now the ally timeships refuse to follow me as before, so there's even less hope of doing damage or tractoring.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    That is not the only episode with this problem I know Time in a Bottle also has the same problem the Iconians run for it rather than confront and attack. Eventually the Iconians can be beaten, Leeta CANT!

The only way i finally beat Leeta for those who want to try. take a cloaked ship, approach her to point blank range then start blasting. It worked for me once. Good Luck
  • jonharmonjonharmon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Still broken as of January 29. ISS Enterprise will not slow down, and can barely be paused for a couple of seconds even with tractor beams. Not completable with my Archon equipped with Mk XII fleet phasers and all of the NPC ships blasting away. It is inexcusable this hasn't been fixed 2+ months after it was initially reported.
    Almost 3 months without a fix?
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Definitely still broken. I was able to managed Kaithan's workaround today. She's got really good tractor resistance, but not perfect. Have two tractor beam powers and tractor mines on hand. Match speeds, wait until she's within about 12 km of the NPC pack, and tractor her. 75% chance she'll just keep going and you've got to start over. If it sticks, the NPCs will hopefully engage before she gets away, that seems to make her stand and fight, at least for a few seconds.

This took six tries - four times the tractor beam didn't stick and one the NPCs just sat and watched and it seems she won't actually engage the player, only the NPCs, so she just took off again. The sixth try the NPCs jumped in, and I'm not 100% sure if the Enterprise stood and fought or if all the tractor beams everywhere were enough to hold her in place but it was a curbstomp.

Once I did beat the Enterprise and she fled again, however, the mission just abruptly flagged as complete with no additional dialog. Seems to be another bug lurking behind this one.
  • geborangeboran Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This needs to be fixed. :(
    edited February 2020
    I am done playing this game, From this day foreward i will be playing NO characters till this mission is done, This mission is not worth the lifetime membership i paid for 3 yrs ago in its current condition and i fully still to this day regret spending that money on this worthless broken game. good day. I will continue to do the admiralty and the event since its the only thing that currently works but 0 missions will be worked on till every single mission thats broke is fixed and playable again.

A support ticket was filed due to the lack of attention this and many other problems on these forums are getting.

• revhattrickrevhattrick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    this is bad programming star fleet would be disappointed. Daystrom better get his best people on this. Unacceptable.
    hevach wrote: »
    Definitely still broken. I was able to managed Kaithan's workaround today. She's got really good tractor resistance, but not perfect. Have two tractor beam powers and tractor mines on hand. Match speeds, wait until she's within about 12 km of the NPC pack, and tractor her. 75% chance she'll just keep going and you've got to start over. If it sticks, the NPCs will hopefully engage before she gets away, that seems to make her stand and fight, at least for a few seconds.

This took six tries - four times the tractor beam didn't stick and one the NPCs just sat and watched and it seems she won't actually engage the player, only the NPCs, so she just took off again. The sixth try the NPCs jumped in, and I'm not 100% sure if the Enterprise stood and fought or if all the tractor beams everywhere were enough to hold her in place but it was a curbstomp.

Once I did beat the Enterprise and she fled again, however, the mission just abruptly flagged as complete with no additional dialog. Seems to be another bug lurking behind this one.

I actually came up with a new idea however, they are 5m on the exchange and not worth buying for multiple toons, Vaadwaur construction anchor. This thing locks on to your vessel and doesnt let go period. Its likely the only thing in the game that i can think of that may work, but at 5m i wont be buying them i will be waiting till its fixed. Since its not the only mission needing tlc.
    edited February 2020
    this is bad programming star fleet would be disappointed. Daystrom better get his best people on this. Unacceptable.

It is a bug, it is not bad programming. Something was tripped up when they updated some missions most likely and this is an unintended consequence of doing so. Remember there is spaghetti code in this game.
    sthe91 wrote: »

It is a bug, it is not bad programming. Something was tripped up when they updated some missions most likely and this is an unintended consequence of doing so. Remember there is spaghetti code in this game.

Unacceptable! I asked for macaroni! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

edited February 2020
    Hey guys guess what? It's been 3 months and this IS STILL NOT FIXED!!
    Hey guys guess what? It's been 3 months and this IS STILL NOT FIXED!!

Please wait, grasshopper. Also, this month is not over yet. Instead play something else, read a book, or skip it for now. Thanks. :)
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    The problem here is when this mission was revamped the objectives were changed without changing the NPC behavior. You were never supposed to defeat the Enterprise as it would break the story line. This is why she constantly runs away.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    The mission was never revamped. The ISS flees while waves of adds engage you, then stands and fights with the last wave. Before the introduction of the bug, the Enterprise would be disabled instead of destroyed, and once combat ended it would reactivate and flee one more time, ultimately escaping. It does attempt to engage, but it's locked at its flee speed so its turning radius is around 60km and it can't close to range or stay there if it wanders in.
  • zamweasel#2732 zamweasel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Cant believe they still haven't fixed it.

I have a radical idea! Fix all the bugs before bringing out new content!!!!