test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WARNING - Do NOT go to Dyson ground zone

jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
It's in the bugs section already but fair warning to anyone that doesn't read those forums do NOT go to the Dyson ground zone your game will crash and your character will be stuck there until Cryptic fixes whatever issue they created with this latest patch.

Fair number of people reported it already
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    So similar issue as with the Borg ground bits a week or two ago.
    Got it. Thanks for the heads up.

And yea... considering the nature of a battlezone, waiting out the timer isn't a viable option like it would on a mission like Where Angels Fear to Tread. They would be stuck until its fixed or Cryptic moves you out of that area by request.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for the warning. People normally only visit the bugs forum *after* they're bit by a bug, which is too late in this case.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    It's in the bugs section already but fair warning to anyone that doesn't read those forums do NOT go to the Dyson ground zone your game will crash and your character will be stuck there until Cryptic fixes whatever issue they created with this latest patch.

Was this before today's (Feb 6th) patch or after?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Oh dear I have a number of characters stationed there.

Yep confirmed the game crashes, any toons already stationed there are now hostages to however long Cryptic take to fix this bug
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    storules wrote: »

Was this before today's (Feb 6th) patch or after?​​

after the patch was there last night doing the dil grind
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, I regularly go there as part of endeavors so I'm 90% sure some of my characters are there right now... Hmm....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Social media posts instead of posts on their official website or forums ...

iWKad22g.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Seriously? You're going to troll about an acknowledgement?
    GrWzQke.png
    edited February 2020

How is a legitimate complaint "trolling"? Cryptic aren't the only devs guilty of this kind of thing, the whole industry does it it seems and it's highly annoying. When a game breaks I go to the official source for info, not social media.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I wouldn't call it trolling; moreso frustration ventilation.

Anyways, Stay away from the commander center as well; about half my characters are trapped there. Did not test the Fleet Spire or the Delta-side station, but I'd advise avoiding them as well.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    No problem. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Because the official Twitter account and official Facebook page are also official sources.
    GrWzQke.png
    Because the official Twitter account and official Facebook page are also official sources.

Well imo www.[insertgamehere].com should be the first place official information and bug acknowledgement appears, either in a news section or in their official forums, not social media. I only have a Twitter account because online giveaways frequently require one, and I haven't used Facebook or any other social media since before my first son was born back in 2011.

I'll just leave it at that though, not worth getting worked up over something that's probably never going to change.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Twitter is not a useful way to reach most of the players of this game. Most people do not use twitter and never will. I honestly do not understand why anyone thinks twitter is a good idea for information. These forums aren't the best place to reach players either.

I don't know where this information is being posted, but if its not in game, if they don't shut down the Dyson zone or put up a warning in at least the launcher, then its not going to do much.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

You know I like you dude.. but man I wish you would change your stance on this.

The Official Forum should be the FIRST place news is posted and then it should also be discriminated on Social Media for those that might miss it. Even when there are patch notes or anything, the launcher always directs people to the forums, when you talk to Customer Support about an issue.. they direct you to the forums. The Forums are supposed to be the quickest and most current place for news.

That being said, I appreciate Cryptic putting out word.. that's great and I am absolutely sure they'll fix this thing right away. I do however, continue to share the concern of my fellow players over lack of information on the official forum. If it wasn't for you Badmoon, we would pretty much all be in the dark unless we checked social media for our Video Game news.

Regardless of my opinion, thank you for being the one that passes on the news. It's good that someone is doing it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The best place would be the landing page (with transwarp ;) )

Lucky that the endeavour with the Bio-Engineered Viriosaurus Rex is not today.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

twitter total reach is only 2% of US population... not sure about FB but a lot of people do NOT use it. They should use an ap that would post on their forums/website and then would copy it to all other social media platforms.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    The best place would be the landing page (with transwarp ;) )

Or an ingame admin announcement. That's the only way to communicate serious bugs like this. Thank goodness we got dedicated fleet members who sent everybody a warning.

You know I like you dude.. but man I wish you would change your stance on this.

The Official Forum should be the FIRST place news is posted and then it should also be discriminated on Social Media for those that might miss it. Even when there are patch notes or anything, the launcher always directs people to the forums, when you talk to Customer Support about an issue.. they direct you to the forums. The Forums are supposed to be the quickest and most current place for news.

That being said, I appreciate Cryptic putting out word.. that's great and I am absolutely sure they'll fix this thing right away. I do however, continue to share the concern of my fellow players over lack of information on the official forum. If it wasn't for you Badmoon, we would pretty much all be in the dark unless we checked social media for our Video Game news.

Regardless of my opinion, thank you for being the one that passes on the news. It's good that someone is doing it.

Well, I don't think I've ever really expressed my personal stance on it. I wasn't debating when/where/how information should be disseminated. I was only pointing out that the Twitter account and Facebook page are in fact official sources, since it was implied that they are not. The merits of disseminating information outside the forum can be debated by y'all all you want, but anything posted in those places is just as official as if were posted here.

My apologies to @evilmark444 for the trolling accusation. As frustrated as y'all get with information not being posted here, I get a bit frustrated myself since I do my best to make information as accessible as I can. I do my best to get issues posted here in the forum by y'all reported up the chain so that devs are aware. And I do my best to monitor other sources from devs to report back here to the forum, because, yes, I know it doesn't all get posted here.
    GrWzQke.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Allow me to just say that you do a stellar job here, @baddmoonrizin.

You keep the necro threads closed, the trolling down to a minimum and you bring information from Twitter and FB so those who don't use those avenues of official announcements can see said announcements.

Have a great big bear hug for all you do here for us!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Why do I feel like when I log in today, with my luck I'm going to have a bunch of Dyson endeavor missions...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had already seen it on Twitter. You know when they flash the banners in game about the servers going down in x Minutes? Yeah.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Don't tell me what to do!, you are not my real mom!!... :lol:.. now for real, thanks or the tip..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    My apologies to @evilmark444 for the trolling accusation. As frustrated as y'all get with information not being posted here, I get a bit frustrated myself since I do my best to make information as accessible as I can. I do my best to get issues posted here in the forum by y'all reported up the chain so that devs are aware. And I do my best to monitor other sources from devs to report back here to the forum, because, yes, I know it doesn't all get posted here.

Trolling was definitely the wrong word, but the comment was off-topic to this specific thread and derailed it completely.

In my opinion, complaining about twitter and facebook in threads that happen to include news from them is not helpful.

If you want to argue for using the forums instead, it seems more productive to start your own topic and (calmly) discuss it there.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

How is a legitimate complaint "trolling"? Cryptic aren't the only devs guilty of this kind of thing, the whole industry does it it seems and it's highly annoying. When a game breaks I go to the official source for info, not social media.

I'm with evilmark444 on this. While I appreciate them acknowledging the issue, word of a bug of this magnitude should be propagated on their official forum, not on social media somewhere.

Tried to find something official on Destablizing Resonance Beam being untrainable too. Ultimately, there were some replies on Reddit; but neither Twitter nor Reddit, nor Facebook are the official forum, is my/our point.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    Nice! Wish I knew about this before I decided to do my daily's, now my Main character is Stuck there, guess I'll request a GM to move my character :neutral: .
  • realastheearthrealastheearth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    already trapped in Dyson prison,but i do appreciate everyone's teamwork and proactivity.
This discussion has been closed.