test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Battlezone Causing CTD - Character Stuck

ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
Since the update, my 23c Federation character has been rendered unplayable. I attempted to beam down to the Dyson Battlezone in order to progress some endeavour objectives. However, the game CTD.

Thinking this was one of those random "one off" crashes, I restarted the game and clicked my 23c character. My character logs in and the map loading screen appears, followed by another immediate CTD. It would appear that something with the update has caused a game breaking bug for this area, and as a result I'm unable to play this character at all. Since any attempt to log in simply crashes the game to desktop.

Just wanted to bring this to people's attention, less their characters become stuck too until Cryptic can hot-fix this issue. That being said, if anyone have alt's that they're willing to potentially sacrifice for a time and try to also load into the Dyson Battlezone it would be helpful to assertain whether this is isolated to just myself or widespread.
Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.

Comments

• graydaze#7183 graydaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I too am suffering from the same issue. I think this may be caused by the patch when it tried to fix the previous issue with they dyson sphere ground maps, particularly the Uneasy Allies mission.
  • kriovkriov Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Exact same thing just happened to me on three characters as well.
  • chtucker86chtucker86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here. Cannot log in to my main character anymore because of it. Tried it with another character same result. Instant crash. Asked a friend of mine if he could try it with some expendable character and he confirmed it's not accessible for Federation characters. Seems like the patch causes some trouble. :/
  • kingpete85kingpete85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, every char in Dyson BZ or Dyson Command crashes the game. Others work fine.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    +1 my Fed character is crashing the game when loading Dyson ground as well
    edited February 2020
    Noticed that the space battlezone isn't working properly as well, since it's all grey with no background textures.
  • crazyaggressorcrazyaggressor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same problem. Cant get into the game at all now.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Yep character is stuck in the BZ can't load at all.
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Same here with one character, initially, others loading in fine (oddly ones that work are in Sphere Space - Battlezone, ones that fail are in Dyson Sphere Battlezone).

One that logged in fine made the mistake of trying to beam to Ground Battlezone and is now also crashing.
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Argh! That must be why my Jem'Hadar, left in Dyson Joint Command, causes the game to crash every time I try to login. They broke something even worse when they tried to fix the "misplaced objects" problem in Dyson Ground.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    what kind of error code and such are you folks getting?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I'm stuck too
    I get a code like 6cb11n or similar, I have about 12 auto reports heading your way darkblade
  • larsanderslarsanders Member Posts: 1 New User
    add another person stuck in the crashed battleground
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2020

The only code that appears is 11a0a8 which is an incident log number that appears after CTD.

OK add to that the following:
    ERROR: Unrecognized command "(null)" (did you mean "-(null)"?)
    Line: utils\cmdparse.c(2802)
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Darkblade. I just tried to log in on that character again, CTD. No error code, but the error reporter gives me an incident ID of 11a268.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • madooqmadooq Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    same issue here. I tested with 3 chars.
    the incident ID for customer service at support.arcgames.com is: 11a15d
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Same; about half my characters are based at Dyson Joint Command and are inaccessible/CTD when attempted to enter the game with them. Happens for both Fed and KDF aligned characters.

I am assuming it has something to do with the dyson geometry that got messed up with the anniversary patch.
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    If on the "Choose your character" screen you pick one in location "Sphere Space - Battlezone", it'll load. If you pick one in location "Dyson Sphere Battlezone", it'll crash.

You can transwarp out of "Sphere Space - Battlezone", but if you beam to ground you crash and end up in "Dyson Sphere Battlezone".
  • xchabeexxchabeex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    The Joint Command make also crash
  • zappermannzappermann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Same here, have one character stuck in the Dyson Sphere ground battlezone. I heard this going on in chat and i thought i should check it out to see if it was true. So appearently it is true and wide spread, so get out there and spread the word outside, Don't go to the Dyson Shpere till this is fixed.

No error code given. Just an ID for support.
  • ncredibleguyncredibleguy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same, trying to do endeavors, now cant log onto main toon.
  • jonbeydlerjonbeydler Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Enough with the "I'm stuck to". Wheres them coming on here saying when they're going to fix it?
  • captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    This is so stupid, it's been hours now, can't do my daily's or my Event for the day now as well. I've put a good amount of investment into this game and a simple patch f'd it up.
  • captaindunselcaptaindunsel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same, force verify, running in safemode (and launching with safe login) fails. They Dyson Sphere is now a black hole that we cannot escape. :#
  • sarrishsarrish Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've got two characters stuck in Dyson Ground Battle Zone.
  • mrmoodyone1mrmoodyone1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Another victim here on my main character trying to enter Dyson ground battlezone. They better not lose him on me... 135+ days played.
  • dreamwarrior789dreamwarrior789 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    5 toons stuck here that are each 10 years old hope they fix this before the weekend and no corruption on the files for the toons maybe its just a easy map fix fingers crossed
  • zhejiangzhejiang Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Plus one here. My main was in Dyson Ground Battle Zone before the patch...game now crashed when I try to access her. Other two 'toons' not in the battlezone are fine...Abbey I hope your okay!

Getting this message with the crash report

ERROR: Unrecognized command "(null)" (did you mean "-(null)"?)
    Line: utils\cmdparse.c(2802)
  • hotelkatzhotelkatz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    My incident ID is 11c449