test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Noye - they redubbed him

2»

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    yes, old noye essentially sounded like a whiny little FLUFF who, after butterfly, apparently can't get laid - he certainly didn't throw that whole temperal tantrum because of any emotional connection to his no-longer-existing wife and unborn child, because you can't have emotional attachment to things that never existed​​

One weird thing as a follow up to the never existed

The new anniversary episodes got a changeling appearing llike his wife and killing him

if she never existed since she basically got "deleted" from the timeline how does he recognise her as his wife and not as a random spherebuilder race member? That is a story "hole" there
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    yes, old noye essentially sounded like a whiny little FLUFF who, after butterfly, apparently can't get laid - he certainly didn't throw that whole temperal tantrum because of any emotional connection to his no-longer-existing wife and unborn child, because you can't have emotional attachment to things that never existed​​

One weird thing as a follow up to the never existed

The new anniversary episodes got a changeling appearing llike his wife and killing him

if she never existed since she basically got "deleted" from the timeline how does he recognise her as his wife and not as a random spherebuilder race member? That is a story "hole" there

not really... the core that was protected from the timeline change should of had info on her, such as a picture etc... he knew about her and that she was preggers. the changeling may of gotten access to that info...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    You guys are apparently forgetting the temporally shielded datacore that she backs up all the information in. Noye was able to access that information after the "Butterfly" mission. That's when and how he learned that he had a wife and child who were erased from existence due to our meddling with time. That revelation is what caused him to go on his Temporal War crusade.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    yes, because he's a whiny FLUFF who can't get laid, not because he had any kind of emotional attachment to someone who never existed in that timeline - or she did, but ended up getting assimilated or transdimensionally displaced; either way, she never met noye​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yes, because he's a whiny FLUFF who can't get laid, not because he had any kind of emotional attachment to someone who never existed in that timeline - or she did, but ended up getting assimilated or transdimensionally displaced; either way, she never met noye​​
    Maybe Noye read it and realized why he's so mopey and lonely? I mean people can fall in love with fictional characters, reading the diary of someone you've never met who an alt-U loved? I can see why someone would care about that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    not enough to go on a genocidal rampage!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    not enough to go on a genocidal rampage!​​

Perhaps it was his vanished wife that kept him sane. Mental illness + proof that the Federation "murdered" your wife and unborn child with the jolly candy-like button = SPACE MADNESS!

edited February 2020
    if he had any kind of mental deficiency, there would have been signs long before that and he never would've been allowed to work on such sensitive research

to say nothing of the fact cryptic has provided no indication whatsoever noye has any such affliction, and their 'hints' about such things are in the form of massive 2x4s that any halfway decent observer couldn't possibly miss

cryptic may live up to their name in many areas, but rarely in story or plot - you can see most of their 'twists' coming a mile away; like vanzyl's betrayal in uneasy selas - they even lampshaded it with the name of the accolade you get after beating her​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    if he had any kind of mental deficiency, there would have been signs long before that and he never would've been allowed to work on such sensitive research

to say nothing of the fact cryptic has provided no indication whatsoever noye has any such affliction, and their 'hints' about such things are in the form of massive 2x4s that any halfway decent observer couldn't possibly miss

cryptic may live up to their name in many areas, but rarely in story or plot - you can see most of their 'twists' coming a mile away; like vanzyl's betrayal in uneasy selas - they even lampshaded it with the name of the accolade you get after beating her​​

I dont for mental problems but when we first meet his wife, he seems to be aggressive and easy to blame others and its his wife that calms him down. He also saying something like "Trust my wife to be the voice of reason". I mean he does seem to have a tendency to aggressive and quick to blame but she balances him out of it while she exists
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    just played some missions to get some turrets and noticed they redubbed Noye.

Wonder who else they re did voices for.

He is soo anNoye-ing, with cliche bad-guy beard and hollow rhetoric (New Kithomer conference), I wouldn't mind if someone actually did push him out of our timeline -- voice-over and all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    You guys are apparently forgetting the temporally shielded datacore that she backs up all the information in. Noye was able to access that information after the "Butterfly" mission. That's when and how he learned that he had a wife and child who were erased from existence due to our meddling with time. That revelation is what caused him to go on his Temporal War crusade.

His 'Temporal War crusade' was one of the dumbest ever, though. Remember that New Kithomer conference where he appeared as a huge hologram? Way to ague that the timestream should be free, while, in same breath, announcing you want to push the entire Federation out of existence! What were the delegates supposed to think? "Yeah, a lunatic with plans to commit mass genocide, I guess we really should support his notion of unregulated time travel." LOL.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You know...because using a platform they own...i.e. their website or forum seems to be poison to them.
    Given how completely toxic and over reactionary(much like your post) forums tend to be, it makes sense most devs avoid them.

'Announcement thru obscurity!', what a brilliant concept. :)

Seriously, it has always bugged me that the Devs don't have the guts to address issues on their own forum. If I want to see what the 'Man in Orange' said again today, I'll read Twitter; if I want to hear about officual STO business, I do not want to dig out whatever obscure social media channel they chose this time to communicate on.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    meimeitoo wrote: »

His 'Temporal War crusade' was one of the dumbest ever, though. Remember that New Kithomer conference where he appeared as a huge hologram? Way to ague that the timestream should be free, while, in same breath, announcing you want to push the entire Federation out of existence! What were the delegates supposed to think? "Yeah, a lunatic with plans to commit mass genocide, I guess we really should support his notion of unregulated time travel." LOL.

Well, I can't argue with that. LOL

if I want to hear about officual STO business, I do not want to dig out whatever obscure social media channel they chose this time to communicate on.

Twitter and Facebook aren't exactly obscure, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    came back after a 4 year hiatus and started a discovery fed start toon cause why not (dissapointed no non C-store/fleet discovery ships after the rookie ship) was going down the old early episodes and was really supprised by the suddenly now male voice of what was previously female Vulcan traffic control for the trip to P'jem mission, felt really unnecessary and tbh kind of sounded alot worse than the original.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    grtiggy wrote: »
    came back after a 4 year hiatus and started a discovery fed start toon cause why not (dissapointed no non C-store/fleet discovery ships after the rookie ship) was going down the old early episodes and was really supprised by the suddenly now male voice of what was previously female Vulcan traffic control for the trip to P'jem mission, felt really unnecessary and tbh kind of sounded alot worse than the original.

I always liked how the voice actress intentionally made the last line seem like something she was unused to saying, it was a human-style greeting something like "... enjoy ... your visit" with a hesitation around the "enjoy."

Perhaps they decided that a traffic control employee would be smoother than that even with alien greetings, but I still preferred it.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well the DS9 Bajoran Traffic Control Officer is no longer hostile to KDF Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

Well, I can't argue with that. LOL
    I think that was the point tbh it seems that all members of the "temporal liberation front" mean "the timeline should be changed so that it benefits us" when they say "the timeline should be free". I suspect that Noye had mental issues even before "butterfly" but was high functioning (aka those issues didn't have obvious impact on his interactions with others).

As someone who has mental health issues myself (depression and social anxiety in my case) and can act normally for the most part (somethings like romantic relationships are out of the question at moment but that's besides the point) I could see Noye's fall as plausible, obviously there's nothing rational or logical about his motives but the thing to remember is with people with mental health issues the "lens" we see the world thru is warped so the irrational seems rational and unthinkble seems like the only possible solution and one of the hardest part (and I can tell this from personal experience) is to recognize that your worldview is warped and try to fix it, I've had my issues since I was 15 and worked on fixing them since I was 20 and I'm still a long way from "cured" and I'm 37 now.
This discussion has been closed.