test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Claim Your Admiralty Ships Automatically!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starting tomorrow on PC, and soon on Xbox One and Playstation 4, you'll be able to claim your Admiralty Ships...automatically! Find out the details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11363953

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    YAY finally Thanks for the Improvements. Use to cost me like 40 minutes to do this, now it can be seconds YES!
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Is this c-store only or does it include event ships from the reclaim store?

Cross-faction?
  • eugeneoneileugeneoneil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Quality of life improvements, FOR THE WIN!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i cannot express with words how much i have been waiting for this feature

THIS is the kind of thing deserving of nothing less than a hearty 'jolly good show!'

now, regarding removal of pain points...expansion of the account-wide unlock for specialty traits off the legendary ships to ALL starship traits (or at least all c-store) in the game next? *hopeful puppy dog eyes*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    imo, all starship traits should be account unlocks.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    This will save players' LOTS of hours of tedious chore work. Should've been implemented from the beginning of Admiralty imo. Awesome qol improvement for STO. Well done, Cryptic.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Finally, been waiting for this for ages. Though I'm curious why those specific ships can't be automatically claimed...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Absolutely fantastic!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Great! This will help a fair bit.

Any explanation of the Bortasqu', Odyssey, and Vesta lines not being claimable? T5 Jem and Galor makes sense, as they're not claimable via the shipyard directly. The Steamrunner T1 and T5 seems to be a weird hack to get in the shipyard, with it saying it requires a token. Other than Bortasqu', Odyssey, and Vesta being older three-packs, not sure why'd they'd be an issue.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Does this count for Ships you can fly from another 'Faction'? Romulan/Jem'Hadar for Federation/or KDF, Federation or KDF for Romulan/Jem'Hadar? Promotion Tab Ships (Mirror Guardian, Negus Marauder, Mirror Danube Shuttle, Vizier? T5 Ambassador?

I have a couple of Romulan Characters whose Inventory is loaded with T5/T6 Federation Ships that I haven't gotten around to open. This will be a Godsend. And I have a bunch of Federation Characters that have not claimed the Romulan Ships yet either.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    This is impressive news. I'm pleasantly surprised. I, of course, will hold my final opinion until I see it live.

If this works as advertised, I'll be quite happy.

Thanks Cryptic, excellent QoL addition!
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I want to kiss someone at Cryptic Studios... NOW!!!!!

I have long waited for this day as I am sure many others have as well. This has been a major issue with making characters for me because of the time it takes to track down all the ships in the various locations, tiers, etc.... Promotions Tab , Events Tab, Ships Tab, and the Vet ships from Acquisitions Vendor.

Thank you for getting this added to the game!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Curious if this will will fill up ship slots or will this just give the admiralty cards from the ships. If it's the latter, then that is fantastic.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Just the cards :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Does this count for Ships you can fly from another 'Faction'? Romulan/Jem'Hadar for Federation/or KDF, Federation or KDF for Romulan/Jem'Hadar? Promotion Tab Ships (Mirror Guardian, Negus Marauder, Mirror Danube Shuttle, Vizier? T5 Ambassador?

I have a couple of Romulan Characters whose Inventory is loaded with T5/T6 Federation Ships that I haven't gotten around to open. This will be a Godsend. And I have a bunch of Federation Characters that have not claimed the Romulan Ships yet either.

^^ This is my question too! Claiming cards I forgot to get on the toon I bought the ships on, is already useful, but the kicker would be, if I can claim all eligible ships on an 'aligned' toon as well (like my Rom, and Jem).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Just the cards :)

Which is a very good thing. I literally spent hours, on my Rom, claiming c-store ships (from my Fed), unpack them to roster, then discharging them again, and rinse and repeat.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Wow that sounds great! A really useful feature to add. Thank you!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Great! This will help a fair bit.

Any explanation of the Bortasqu', Odyssey, and Vesta lines not being claimable? T5 Jem and Galor makes sense, as they're not claimable via the shipyard directly. The Steamrunner T1 and T5 seems to be a weird hack to get in the shipyard, with it saying it requires a token. Other than Bortasqu', Odyssey, and Vesta being older three-packs, not sure why'd they'd be an issue.

The Steamrunners used to be Steam exclusives, so that throws a kink in the system.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    Curious if this will will fill up ship slots or will this just give the admiralty cards from the ships. If it's the latter, then that is fantastic.

The cards will pop up for your characters, but not fill up ship slots. It's going to be like how new characters are able to get the starting missions for the story arcs, once of the characters have completed them.

This is going to save me time, without having to remember/going through the Admiralty ship roster to see where to pick up again if I'm interrupted while going through the ships to get them in the first place. Like having to go to work or errands, power outages, etc.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Hmm... I may want to create a new Captain just long enough to see how well this might work. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    Fantastic, I just did this "mostly" on one Toon, and after 40 mins of:
    Going through every Zen Ship Tab Tier to Claim a Box of each ship
    Going through the Dill Reclaim Ship Tab to Claim a Box of each ship
    Going through the Event Reclaim Store Tab to Claim a Box of each ship
    Then having to open each box, up to my Ship Capacity
    Then select each ship in Mange to dismiss them & have to type the unique ship name, in stead of just a double confirm
    Then continue to open remaining ships... rinse & repeat for 30 mins...

Yea I did not even bother to open more ships on any of my other alts for this reason.

Notices some ships just Claim with no box, some give 1 box, some are in bundles..
    Please sort them out, such as the Multi-Mission, among others

Since we're talking about QoL or "Pain Points" as Cryptic put it, I have quite the list:

- An All-in-one location that includes data & ability to claim kit modules from Reputation, Fleet, Events
    - Put Temporal guy that's outside Admiral Quinn's Office to the Reclaim & or Dill Window
    - Add Flyby Patrols, you know, the random kill X # of X in space or on ground while flying in sector space, to the PvE Patrols list
    - UI continuity across toons, or at least a save load button on EACH TAB, including Keybinds, so can load up easily.
    - Add a Save & load button to the Traits window, as they get messed up often (sphere of influence mission, ship change, Rep. T6)
    - Lock the Ability Tray so no new skills get added automatically, talking about you Cruiser Commands, Singularity Core, etc etc
    - Remove Discovery Starfleet Intelligence seal from Rep because it's to big & causes the already hard to navigate rep ui to be even more cumbersome. I end up missing some days because I miss or don't scroll all the way down.
    - Reputation progress should be visible over the top each Reputation Category, as there is plenty of UI space (upper Right)
    - When choosing Reputation Point reward boxes, end of missions, show us our current values, so at a glance we can chose fast.
    - Fix Reputation Naming Scheme, Locations to match up with Inventory Assets List. IE Undine to read Undine in all windows.
    - Also in Assets Tab add our Rep. Module count too
    - Show Countdown Timer in or under the Rep name on side bar, so we can see if it's in progress or not.
    - Update Reputation Borg, Romulan, Nukara to the current system, so add Currency Modules & Full Sets of Space & Ground.
    - Exchange Rep. for something better then useless Dillithium Ore, that is still Time Gated, or like the old upcoming officer system, let us send raw Rep points to other characters with some type of conversion ratio. Like meeting & training with Senior Admiral, you were given X Reputation points, if it needs a name of course.
    - Expand endgame level to include actual times leveled, shown as Tenure. So see Fleet Admiral 65, Tenure 263
    - Give a "Don't Show Again" to all Rep. Add All warning buttons, I KNOW it will add Dill or Rare Items
    - Give us a data padd to play dabo anywhere
    - When Claming T5 Rep, just give us the reward, don't make use go to DS9 or Nakura to claim, where others just are given.
    - Quantity Slider on button press, like in Mail it just adds all, but Exchange asks you how many every time! & the slider can be put to 0, why would I slide & then say 0 instead of cancel, 1 should be base value & only appear if held split button.

I also have an extensive Bug list, but submitting them is much to time consuming...
    One I will mention though is when Auto Hail is enabled. Once a toon reaches ESD, from tutorial, one is bombarded with about 15 missions at once... it's a bit overwhelming, even for an old Vet like me.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    This is a much welcome improvement. Thanks guys!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I do not see any 'various reasons' why the rest of those ships dont make the cut - it seems nonsensical to exclude them.

Otherwise this is a very welcome improvement.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    How about the cards for the ships out of the lockboxes we got but only able to use on one character?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    Starting tomorrow on PC, and soon on Xbox One and Playstation 4, you'll be able to claim your Admiralty Ships...automatically! Find out the details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11363953

One word: Finally.
    I'm sure i am not the only one who dreaded reclaiming all those ships on new toons.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I don't do the forums much - but i had to stop in and say Thank you! To the folks at Cryptic that made this possible :smiley: