test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant load arc

tried the standed icon on home that has worked for years. nothing. tried the STO icon. still nothing. went into game folder and tried icons. computer asked if I wanted to let the ARC program start. I said yes. still no go. found the STO folder and game loaded
I cant brain I have the dumb

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Could your firewall be blocking the program? I had no problems starting up Arc today.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Could your firewall be blocking the program? I had no problems starting up Arc today.

BTW, could firewall be a partial cause the chat/team/friends system being unable to fully reconnect AFTER char switch, an issue which is solved symptomatically by relog? (the issue was initiated in a specific sto patch and wasn't present before, but I ask if it could have been a factor)

Asking for checking if this could be partially related to my issue (since the 12th of Nov, possibly linux specific though) and since I am a newbie technically ATM.
  • drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Yeah, for some reason, the ARC launcher is getting hung up trying to connect. The small window you get after it checks for updates.
    drakomagi wrote: »
    Yeah, for some reason, the ARC launcher is getting hung up trying to connect. The small window you get after it checks for updates.

Could that be connected to the 502 Gateway error I am getting using the Arc client or the Star Trek Online website as well now?
    Yes I briefly had that problem it gave several options, I did not click any of them and waited for it to finally load which it did. Very strange!
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    just checked my firewall. ARC is a aloud program. this issue just tarted a few days ago. For me.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    drakomagi wrote: »

same deal, connecting to account and nothing more. taskman shows not responding and that it's 32bit, running on 10. every patch SOMEthing gets borked

edit: managed to get in, after several attempts
    Post edited by warmonger360 on
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • frenchtoasterfrenchtoaster Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Still having this issue, connection is lost to arc-client update, preventing logging in and running anything arc-related.