test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cyborg Miracle Worker Bridge Officer Customization

amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
edited February 2020 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Could the harsh restrictions on what this officer can wear be lifted please, or at least be more consistent, they can wear the Breen costume options but not the latest Borg Exoskeletal Frame options for example.
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
Post edited by amosov78 on

Comments

• drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Hi, I just unlocked this bridge officer I notice the outfits are limit - could lift please too?
  • mournblade#1863 mournblade Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I agree. The choice between the Discovery era uniform and the Breen outfit is well, awful. Why is the Breen outfit even a choice for a Federation BOFF?

And while Cryptic/Arc has done a really good job designing some of our other outfits and armor we have in the game, that cybernetic helmet looks like something straight of out a 1970s Doctor Who episode. It's the 24th century. Can we have something a bit more modern and sleek looking perhaps? Then again, perhaps we should be thankful that there's at least a helmet, unlike the Delta Alliance set.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    ...that cybernetic helmet looks like something straight of out a 1970s Doctor Who episode.
    Well, it was actually straight out of a 2017 Star Trek: Discovery episode!
    z8t03pqjv6l21.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I agree. The choice between the Discovery era uniform and the Breen outfit is well, awful. Why is the Breen outfit even a choice for a Federation BOFF?

Odd that the Breen outfit is available to them, but not stuff like the new Borg Exoskeletal Frame unlock, even after today's update allowing other bridge officers the choice of wearing it.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I'd assume they made the model w/o an actual head?
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @duasyn said:
    > I'd assume they made the model w/o an actual head?

You assume incorrectly. Under the head options in the tailor, you can remove the helmet.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!