test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

▦ ▦ ▦ BORG LOCKBOX ▦ ▦ ▦

12346»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Idk, looks more like cannon shots to me, plus I'd expect torpedoes to be MUCH more devastating to the missile complex in Montana.

It might have been their anti-shield torpedoes. Those would not have had much effect of non-shielded targets. It would be like focused EMP blasts.

Are the Borg Combat Structure Kit Frames any good? Is that structure after 7 uses worth it? From just reading the description & their mods I find them looking lackluster.

I like it well enough. The structure effect is built in to the kit frame. It is a free Plasma Turret that activates on its own and doesn't take up a Module Slot. You are just fighting and one sprouts up. It has a Borg Regeneration buff on it, so it automatically heals itself from damage that it takes. They last for a while, too. I had, like, four or five of them up at the same time while testing it on Defera.

Thanks for the insight into their use.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    they assimilate all the peoples (except the kazon)
    This never made sense to me, even if they have nothing else to offer extra drones are still useful.
    Well they must have assimilated at least one Kazon otherwise they wouldn't know that they were "unremarkable". ;)
    It's hinted that there are many races the Borg simply exterminated. But we don't have a list of them. The Kazon are seemingly a race the Borg WANT to exterminate but haven't yet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    lasonio wrote: »
    well, the ground ability/skill/kit module to assimilate foes is really boring when used by players during tfos. After a moment, there are so many drones, that I don't know who are the ennemies or not. In space, it is less boring like only 1 ship can be assimilated.

+ we fight the borg because they assimilate peoples, and now we can do the same thing. Where is the logic?

? We don't fight the borg because thy assimilate people, we fight the borg because they are a plague of xenophobic machines that believe only they should exist and nothing else.

If assimilation is the case for killing something then why do we help the kobali whom have no problem with desecrating graves and turning our family and friends into their families and friends.

the borg are not xenophobic, they assimilate all the peoples (except the kazon), and this is because they destroy Peoples by using assimilation that we fight them. And about the Kobali, they give a new channce to dead persons, it is strange and cool at the same time.

I'd argue that the only true difference is that the 'subject' is alive when forced to become Borg, whilst the subject is dead when forced to become Kobali.

In fact it might be argued that the Kobali are slightly worse. We've seen evidence that Borg drones can be 'liberated' and returned to their former states. The same does NOT apply to the Kobali.

Well, dead people rarely get better from death, so the Kobali don't really change anything except that there is new life.
    Also, by everything we know, humans make poor Kobali, because they actually remember their past lives. That clearly isn't the case for Kobali normally, otherwise many of the former Vaadwaur Kobali would have long turned against the other Kobali, or committed suicide.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Woohoo! Got an Omni!

Game: * nope you can't equip this with your crafted Omni not you haha *

:cry::disappointed::(

Sigh. Someday Cryptic will treat beam omnis like cannon omnis (turrets). Someday.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Woohoo! Got an Omni!

Sigh. Someday Cryptic will treat beam omnis like cannon omnis (turrets). Someday.

Not to derail the thread, but I kinda wish they'd do away with this mission + crafted/lockbox nonsense and instead have:

Mission/lockbox omni = Experimental Omni (high damage, can only equip one)
    Crafted omni = normal Omni (lower damage, no equip limit)
    Mission/lockbox turret = Experimental Turret (higher damage, can only equip one)
    Crafted turret = normal Turret (current turret damage and equip rules)

In addition, missions and lockboxes should reward/have a chance to reward crafting schematics for the lower damage crafted versions of their respective omnis and turrets, with nerfed proc effects on the crafted versions if necessary.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Woohoo! Got an Omni!

Not to derail the thread, but I kinda wish they'd do away with this mission + crafted/lockbox nonsense and instead have:

Mission/lockbox turret = Experimental Turret (higher damage, can only equip one)

In addition, missions and lockboxes should reward/have a chance to reward crafting schematics for the lower damage crafted versions of their respective omnis and turrets, with nerfed proc effects on the crafted versions if necessary.

turrets have less dmg than omni beams... if you want them to have the same dmg... might as well ask em to merge the 2 and get rid of the distinction between beams and cannon fire.

say you have a ship with 8 slots... all turrets. they will do less dmg than a ship doing broadsides with beam arrays. change that to omnis... I am sure internal tests show 8 omni's will just be THE meta choice. Then what? nerf em all down to do less than turrets? keep in mind the the tac skills, rapidfire/scatter volley vs overload/faw

capping it to 1 of each is ok... just need to expand that to 1 from mission rewards, 1 from Rep, 1 from Crafted & 1 from gamble box.

So from 2 to max 4.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Woohoo! Got an Omni!

turrets have less dmg than omni beams... if you want them to have the same dmg... might as well ask em to merge the 2 and get rid of the distinction between beams and cannon fire.

say you have a ship with 8 slots... all turrets. they will do less dmg than a ship doing broadsides with beam arrays. change that to omnis... I am sure internal tests show 8 omni's will just be THE meta choice. Then what? nerf em all down to do less than turrets? keep in mind the the tac skills, rapidfire/scatter volley vs overload/faw

capping it to 1 of each is ok... just need to expand that to 1 from mission rewards, 1 from Rep, 1 from Crafted & 1 from gamble box.

So from 2 to max 4.

They could restrict the omni beams to rear arc only to prevent 8 omni builds. As for them doing same damage as turrets, I only said lower damage, not necessarily the same damage as turrets. The damage should be such that cannon and beam builds are balanced enough that the overall damage is roughly equal.

I'm going to go ahead and spin this off into a seperate thread so we don't derail this one.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Idk, looks more like cannon shots to me, plus I'd expect torpedoes to be MUCH more devastating to the missile complex in Montana.

It might have been their anti-shield torpedoes. Those would not have had much effect of non-shielded targets. It would be like focused EMP blasts.

Are the Borg Combat Structure Kit Frames any good? Is that structure after 7 uses worth it? From just reading the description & their mods I find them looking lackluster.

I like it well enough. The structure effect is built in to the kit frame. It is a free Plasma Turret that activates on its own and doesn't take up a Module Slot. You are just fighting and one sprouts up. It has a Borg Regeneration buff on it, so it automatically heals itself from damage that it takes. They last for a while, too. I had, like, four or five of them up at the same time while testing it on Defera.

Updated the Borg Combat Structure kit frame to have a maximum of 3 Borg Combat Structures deployed at once

enjoy your massively nerfed kit mod​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User

I'd argue that the only true difference is that the 'subject' is alive when forced to become Borg, whilst the subject is dead when forced to become Kobali.

Do they have to be alive to be assimilated? We have seen the Borg slice away portions of the hull, drag it through space and then assimilate the people who were inside. They also assimilate ships, themselves, which are not alive.

You are welcome.

Updated the Borg Combat Structure kit frame to have a maximum of 3 Borg Combat Structures deployed at once

Well, that sucks. Having three turrets isn't bad for a freebie, though.

Well, that sucks. Having three turrets isn't bad for a freebie, though.
    I remember what the game was like when freebie drones and turrets from doffs didn't despawn properly... Nukara was this barren he11 hole where the enemies died moments after spawning and you had to be super aggressive just to tag one before roving bands of murder-bots killed them all. I can live with having only three turrets. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Far out. :o

On my task to get 400 lobi for the plasma set during the next sale I ended up lucky and managed to draw the new Jugger. It took some 70-80ish keys so I suppose I was nether very lucky nor particularly unlucky.

My almost 8 year old liberated Borg toon will soon have the time of his life. I have to sort out a bit how I can fit his tank build onto that ship but it’s not as if tanking would not work without cruiser commands just fine anyway. Station wise the ship looks versatile enough. Sadly not a miracle worker jugger but at least 2 of the respective station's slots.

The new assimilated beams from the box look alright for tanks as far as I can see. No need to switch to them mechanic wise but considering how dirt cheap upgrades were during the weekend it gives my Borg character a further opportunity to hit PvE with style.

In short: I am happy with this box release. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Woohoo! Got an Omni!

So from 2 to max 4.

They could restrict the omni beams to rear arc only to prevent 8 omni builds. As for them doing same damage as turrets, I only said lower damage, not necessarily the same damage as turrets. The damage should be such that cannon and beam builds are balanced enough that the overall damage is roughly equal.

I'm going to go ahead and spin this off into a seperate thread so we don't derail this one.
    That causes problems for mine layer builds. Our mine layer sets have Omni beams which due to the mines being in the rear we put the Omin beams in the front.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You also get a Borg Datacore with each box opened. When you open the first you will get an Inventory item similar to the Golden Book of Knowledge. Opening about 20 Datacores will complete the item and unlock it for audio reading of the contents.

The Doffs are all 'of 47', easy way to search for them on the Exchange. Seems mostly Fabrication Engineers and Security types. They all have Resolve.

One question, do you need to have the power they Buff for the enhancement or do they automatically provide that power, like Feedback Pulse, etc.?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2020
    no; it's like the powers triggered by the frontier kits from the kevin dilvergence box​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Station wise the ship looks versatile enough. Sadly not a miracle worker jugger but at least 2 of the respective station's slots.

The new assimilated beams from the box look alright for tanks as far as I can see. No need to switch to them mechanic wise but considering how dirt cheap upgrades were during the weekend it gives my Borg character a further opportunity to hit PvE with style.

I have not used a Miracle Worker ship before. I took a quick peek at the abilities, but I didn't seen any that looked good. Are there any that are worth using over normal abilities?

The Assimilated Beams are nice. The occasional heal is nothing to complain about. I use a set on my Borg Juggernaut. They look really good with Beam Overload, too.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I've been liking the kit modules from the lockbox. Been having a grand time Assimilating stuff. The other modules are pretty useful. Adapt is fantastic in providing a short period of specific damage immunity for teammates in the area, which is highly useful in a place like Miner Instabilities where the NPCs like to start off with hard single target attacks for a lot of damage. Like, not even Crouching staves off the damage from the Romulan Sniper Rifles.

Pahvo Dissension Advanced
    YLRr3hd.jpg
    Assimilated one of the named Terran NPCs at the end.
    zmH62xN.jpg

That ground Mycelial network STF, assimilated the Elachi.
    4Y3Huc7.jpg

Miner Instabilities Advanced (haven't tried it yet in Elite, nobody does that anymore).
    Uu2e29C.jpg
    mDpQNjP.jpg
    Even got the Nakhul Captain as a Drone.
    GWeOthY.jpg

Pretty cool to have an army of drones working for you. The drones don't move fast, they just walk slowly like all the Borg usually do. So when you get into a new area to fight, you start over and build a new drone army.

XzRTofz.gif
    oh yes, i can tell my 'liberated' tal shiar romulan Jal Par is going to have a lot of fun with those kit modules​​

#LegalizeAwoo

oh yes, i can tell my 'liberated' tal shiar romulan Jal Par is going to have a lot of fun with those kit modules​​

Just an FYI, if you are going to upgrade any of those kit modules, don't do Adapt. The values don't change because it's just damage immunity. I saw nothing to improve the duration of that immunity from upgrading.
    XzRTofz.gif
    does it reduce the CD? i can't imagine even cryptic making something that doesn't benefit AT ALL from upgrading if it has the option to​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Station wise the ship looks versatile enough. Sadly not a miracle worker jugger but at least 2 of the respective station's slots.

I have not used a Miracle Worker ship before. I took a quick peek at the abilities, but I didn't seen any that looked good. Are there any that are worth using over normal abilities?

The Assimilated Beams are nice. The occasional heal is nothing to complain about. I use a set on my Borg Juggernaut. They look really good with Beam Overload, too.

DPSer usually go for Narrow Sensor Bands and Mixed Armaments Synergies when they have Miracle Worker stations available. The former power just needs to be engaged preferably close to critters to receive a good amount of bonus dmg. For the latter a single “non-native” weapon needs to be installed on your build. The rest will take care of itself when you hit MAS. Here are 2 examples where I use some non-native guns on a cannon build and on a torpedo build to make use of this power. Now while true MW ships even hand out an aditional console slot its mostly those two powers which give ships with the respective slots an endge over the other stuff we have. :)

Now when I build the new Borg ship beams awill be the native weapons for me and the torpedo from the lobi plasma set would be the non-native weapon to trigger mixed armaments synergies. Perhaps not perfectbecause torpedos fire a bit slow but the plasma set is so good on its own that I can easily live with that.

And woa…

Looks like I have to catch up on ground for my Borg character as well. Before I know it @warmaker001b will have assimilated the entire PvE land all by himself if I’m not fast enough (looks awsome!!!). B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But the Altamid (or normal Kelvin even) Photon is the fastest in game at a 4 second recharge time. I have that fore and the Prolonged Engagement Photon aft.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2020
    does it reduce the CD? i can't imagine even cryptic making something that doesn't benefit AT ALL from upgrading if it has the option to​​

Nope. I had a spare Adapt kit module I was going to send off to an alt, tried it on Defera Ground while doing a daily, with that Liberated Borg Rom I had with Mk XV Epic Adapt. The cooldown is the same. The Adapt buff duration is still the same at 10 seconds regardless of being Mk XV Epic or Mk XII Very Rare.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

Nope. I had a spare Adapt kit module I was going to send off to an alt, tried it on Defera Ground while doing a daily, with that Liberated Borg Rom I had with Mk XV Epic Adapt. The cooldown is the same. The Adapt buff duration is still the same at 10 seconds regardless of being Mk XV Epic or Mk XII Very Rare.

You might open a bug report in the bugs subforum just in case this is a mistake instead of working as intended.

If WAI then there is still a bug in not making it epic and level-less to begin with.

You might open a bug report in the bugs subforum just in case this is a mistake instead of working as intended.

If WAI then there is still a bug in not making it epic and level-less to begin with.

I submitted an in-game bug report but will do a thread one also.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    have you tried to assimilate the dino in the dyson bz? I would be curious to see the result :p or even the arthopods.

have you tried to assimilate the dino in the dyson bz? I would be curious to see the result :p or even the arthopods.

Haven't gotten to that one despite assimilating the regular Voth NPCs on that map.
    Defera Ground Borg don't get "assimilated" / "liberated" either.
    XzRTofz.gif
    I noticed Defera Borg now teleport despawn instead of dying properly. They fall down then get beamed out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    makes sense - that's what they did in BoBW​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited February 2020

It's mentioned in the description you can only assimilate humanoid enemies, excluding the usual resilient ones; Borg themselves, Undine and Photonics.

For the space torp version, I noticed some ships turn into a Breen Chel Grett once assimilated for no real reasons. It happened for me with a Kar'Fi Carrier and, ironically, a Breen Sarr Theln. And the engine leaves a blue trail instead of the green one, despite using the Borg engine model.

But the best use of it is assimilating a Voth City Ship which gives it a ridiculously huge Borg deflector. So huge you need to be at a precise distance for it to show up, not too close, not too far.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.