test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to train BOFF ability 'Best Served Cold'

amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
I have the Ensign level "Training Manual - Tactical - Best Served Cold I" on my character but the ability does not show up on the available list to train on my tactical officers.

I tried bug reporting this in-game, but it kept telling me it couldn't connect. :/
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"

Comments

• drsid#3032 drsid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    not only are we not able to train our bridge officers in this skill , the already trained winter event skills have disappeared from my list so WTF
    greedy incompetent and indifferent is what this company is .
    fix your broken pos game
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    Make sure you promoted the boff your trying to train
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • ilsyndilsynd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It's not just Best Served Cold. All of the 2019 Winter abilities are gone. I checked BOffs from multiple factions and none of them show Best Served Cold, Very Cold in Space, or Let it Go on the skill menu.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    All my 'Best Served Cold' skills (at various levels) are no longer available for selection; the same goes for Cryonic Pulse, which I can't even train anymore; nor Destabilizing Resonance Beam.

It would appear a not-so organized Dev has used some old piece of code again, in which the winter 2019 skills weren't in the list yet.

There are currently several threads about skill trainability/selectability issues. All of them are being summarily ignored. It is really high time Cryptic start fixing these matters. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    drsid#3032 wrote: »
    not only are we not able to train our bridge officers in this skill , the already trained winter event skills have disappeared from my list so WTF
    greedy incompetent and indifferent is what this company is .
    fix your broken pos game

They are trying to fix bugs. These are the consequences of spaghetti code. They are not greedy, they are trying to earn money to pay for the servers, employees, the high cost of living in California, etc and they are a business not a charity. They are not incompetent and are also not indifferent. They interact on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and even this forums at times. This will be fixed when they are able to do so. Please be patient instead of having an adult temper tantrum. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    This is currently a known issue and fixed internally. Will be available in a future game update.
  • ilsyndilsynd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is currently a known issue and fixed internally. Will be available in a future game update.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know!
  • drguyksdrguyks Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I saw this as well. i play on PS4 and we too are missing these options. This happened shortly after the Mudd Store sale ended. I know this b/c right before the sale ended, I trained one of my engineers in "let it go I." We are also missing space emotes.

Wonderful news! :)

FYI, it's not just the Wintee 2019 skills, though. Still Can't Train Destabilizing Resonance Beam either. I hope the fix was for all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User

Thank you!

And my hopes despite, I still can't Train Destabilizing Resonance Beam on any of my Rom boffs. So, I checked Reddit, and saw your alleged rationale for ignoring this issue appears to be a claim that you guys can't reproduce it.

Soo, check out my affected toon, please: Tonalina Maribeth Damur@meimeitoo

Affected doff: all my Rom science officers, really. But I most need it on Satra. The skill books are located in my bank (where I put them in again, after training failed). So, there's your reproducibility. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg