test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Light Cruiser and Cruiser questions.

scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
When I first started playing STO, I started as a 23c character. Managed to get my Light Cruiser Constitution Class (TOS) ship with it's 12,000 Base Hull. Then went into the future and got my Cruiser Constitution Refit (Motion Picture) at 19,500 Base Hull. Over time I'd just left them in the Ships list and forgotten about them until the other day. I was looking through the "Acquire Ships" vendor and noticed a Cruiser Constitution Refit with a base hull of 58,500 and thought "hey I'd like to have that one just to collect". It said I already purchased it, so curious I went to the "Manage Ships" vendor and saw my Light Cruiser still had 12,000 and my Cruiser still had 19,500. After looking around I found that the ships had been updated over the years but mine still kept the original hull. I dry docked both ships thinking something would update, but it was still the original hull. I had an idea of dismissing the ships and right out buying (with dilithium) the Cruiser with 58,500, but I don't want to lose these original ships as they are memories of climbing the ladder back in the day. Is there no way to keep these ships and acquire the updated one? If these ships are different why doesn't it allow me to buy the newer one?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I don't know where the 58,500 is coming from, but that's not the hull points of a T2 Cruiser [Refit Connie]. Vender's probably bugged and giving you the numbers for a different ship.

EDIT: The only 58,500hp ship I can find is the Lvl 65 T5-U Regent Class.
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Here's the ship in question on the "Acquire Ships" vendor 58,500 Hull
    gCcAMi0.jpg

Here's the ship in my "Manage Ships" vendor inventory 19,500 Hull
    Khw4FHB.jpg

Here's my TOS ship that for some reason has some strange skin on it now, when I move it to dry dock and back again it seems to lose it's registry numbers. 12,000 Hull
    mSU3sxy.jpg
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    the tooltips are sometimes a touch buggy
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Yeah, that's a glitch in the vendor information.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Here's my TOS ship that for some reason has some strange skin on it now

Breen shield visual. Right click on the shield and hit 'disable visuals'.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I'd guess its basing what it shows on your level and the hull modifier vs any set number? I assume if a Lt. level toon checks that it shows it right?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Breen shield visual is awesome!... especially if you want your ship to look old and beat up. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I think they need to update the Breen visual to be a bit more accurate to the source, it looks a bit messy and lighter in comparison.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I think they need to update the Breen visual to be a bit more accurate to the source, it looks a bit messy and lighter in comparison.

That is probably due to the Lighting 2.0 update. Though you might be on to something.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.