test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cutting Tractor Beam - Please help me understand how the console passive effect is supposed to work

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
One of the passive effects of new borg console "Console - Universal - Cutting Tractor Beam" is:

"Activating a Universal Console adds 10% Bonus Damage to Universal Consoles for 25 sec (stacks up to 10 times)"

On of my universal consoles with a clicky effect does +21% directed energy damage.
I have another universal console that adds 39% Plasma damage.
I also have 4 Locator consoles (tactical, not universal, doing 39% plasma damage).

So if I click all 3 of my clicky universal consoles, including the cutting tractor beam, that is 3 stacks, so the above listed consoles would now work like below?
First console increases from +21% damage to +27.3% damage
Second console increase from +39% plasma to +50.7% plasma damage
The 4 locator consoles have damage unchanged.

Or are the mechanics something different? I'm also assuming only the direct damage increases and not other effects (+crit severity, etc)

And what about set bonuses? One of my universal consoles has a 2-set bonus of +10% plasma damage...would that increase also?

On a side note, the new borg console is set-less...I think it should have added a level to the Omega Adapted Borg set.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    That's actually a good question. I had assumed it was just a boost to the damage of actual clicky powers for uni consoles(sensor burnout, spacial charge launcher, etc.).
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    yeah i was sure it was the click power. It can't be the universal power itself or set powers and universal base powers would have players literally one shotting every thing. Specially consoles that add bonus and critical and critical sev with a set bonus and to times that by ten you are basically one shotting everything short of bosses. And even they can get the business.

I mean i know I myself if my dps was doubled alone that would be a problem for tfo's but times that by ten I would literally wipe the board with a bfaw or torp spread.

I just don't see them doing that, even by mistake and with a single console thats literally a freebie. They mangled the dps of the advanced phasers for adding more damage then what they thought low end players deserved. I doubt they would make the same mistake not only twice but make it 10x's worse.

Best to assume it means click powers.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    each universal console activate will increase the damage from other universal consoles like the plasma storm by +10% bonusdamage, up to +100% bonus dmg.
    buffs/set boni will not increase due to that.

=> its a great console for epg builds with a lot of clicky consoles
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I don't know if the console even works at all - tried it last night with DPRM and there was no difference in damage numbers. Very confusing - when does it activate? Seems like it should work whenever a universal console is activated, but the damage bonus only applies to consoles with a passive or active damage bonus?
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    It does work whenever a universal console is activated, it's just that it only affects universal consoles that actually deal damage, like Delphic Tear, Plasma Storm, or Ion Storm Generator. It has no effect on the passive or active damage buffs provided by universal consoles such as DPRM, Domino, or Approaching Agony, though Agony would be the special case where the passive is unaffected but the active power is buffed.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    It does work whenever a universal console is activated, it's just that it only affects universal consoles that actually deal damage, like Delphic Tear, Plasma Storm, or Ion Storm Generator. It has no effect on the passive or active damage buffs provided by universal consoles such as DPRM, Domino, or Approaching Agony, though Agony would be the special case where the passive is unaffected but the active power is buffed.

Good to know. Console is useless for me then. :(
This discussion has been closed.