test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    I'm hoping some of the older consoles will get passives attached. That'd help a lot.
    I'm going to ditto your statement, the Tier 5 and below consoles need to become enhanced versions of themselves. There has been so much power creep these consoles need a bump in power. They just aren't fun in current content, sure I could use saucer separation, but the saucer etc doesn't scale well with level, it also needs to get disabled and auto repair itself instead exploding much like some mission and TFO npcs do.

There are also some odd errors in the stats of these ships that hope get sorted out. Command Dreadnought Cruiser only has one command seating. The Kelvin Timeline Intel Battlecruiser doesn't have cloak but vengeance does ? it also has lt com intel as well a commander intel ?

I also honestly think the ships could do with breaking the whole same specialization seating in c-store ships rule. With the command exploration cruiser getting lt. MW seat, Kelvin Timeline Intel Battlecruiser getting a lt. temporal or command, Pilot Warship getting a lt. intel or command, Command Dreadnought Cruiser getting lt. Intel or pilot seating.
  • quinnftw76#3498 quinnftw76 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    hahahah no

Same. This is just whale bait.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I can't even justify the price. £160 for 5 lobi skin ships that aren't really lobi ships (they're C-store fleet ships at best) and another 5 ships that are 10 year old ships with a face lift that most likely everyone owns already and paid a good amount for them.

Kael says they won't be back anytime soon. Well that is the only good news because even if it came back 5 years later I'd still not encourage anyone to pay that amount. I hope even the whales think of reason and say no to this, it's beyond greedy. Shame on you Arc/PWE & Cryptic.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • oberlordbuddyoberlordbuddy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I am a bit confused, in the US forum the bundle seems to be released the on the 13th and in the German and French forum I read the release for the bundle will be the 11th... What is the right date now? 🤔
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I am a bit confused, in the US forum the bundle seems to be released the on the 13th and in the German and French forum I read the release for the bundle will be the 11th... What is the right date now? 🤔

Fascinating discovery, here's a screenshot incase they change it:
    o3ChMAG.jpg

Google Translation:
    MQmgyuv.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • caijamin#9709 caijamin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Ok, so going by the graphic of the 10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle above, there are no Klingon or Romulan ships present....not a single one! So WTH is a Romulan/Klingon player to do given the 10th Anniversary seems like a BIG shaft to us?????
  • Luv to get the free picard uniform for my game, am star trek fan + collector i luv this universe,,
  • nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I was getting ready to purchase when I realized that its $300 instead of $30. That's too much investment for a casual gamer like me.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    well it looks like I'm been priced out of the game I'm willing to buy 6k zen to unlock a bundle but there is no way ill ever justify the cost of the new packs.
    I wont be buying any more zen for this game as I only buy ships I wont to fly and own all the ones I do wont from the zen store.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    nachofoot wrote: »
    I was getting ready to purchase when I realized that its $300 instead of $30. That's too much investment for a casual gamer like me.

A good reason to miss out on this bundle, but half the bundle is variants of Promo, Lobi, and Lockbox ships including their skins, consoles, and starship traits.
  • qwe456345qwe456345 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Think Cryptic will release them separately?
    qwe456345 wrote: »
    Think Cryptic will release them separately?

Kael said in a livestream that they are all currently bundle only, there have been discussions about a possible individual release down the road but nothing has been decided for sure, and if the individual release DOES happen it sounds like it won't be for a while. The bundle will also only be available for a limited time, but WILL return at some point.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Kael said in a livestream that they are all currently bundle only, there have been discussions about a possible individual release down the road but nothing has been decided for sure, and if the individual release DOES happen it sounds like it won't be for a while. The bundle will also only be available for a limited time, but WILL return at some point.

I think you mean the bundle sale will be available for a limited time, but eventually return .
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I think you mean the bundle sale will be available for a limited time, but eventually return .

@lordgyor No he actually said the bundle itself will only be around for a limited time, his wording was "I wouldn't wait because the bundle is only going to be available for a limited time with these ships so, if you want these ships I don't think you should wait for a mythical time when they are all going to be available one at a time." The question and full response are here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/544728655?t=01h01m12s
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »

lordgyor No he actually said the bundle itself will only be around for a limited time, his wording was "I wouldn't wait because the bundle is only going to be available for a limited time with these ships so, if you want these ships I don't think you should wait for a mythical time when they are all going to be available one at a time." The question and full response are here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/544728655?t=01h01m12s

It will be interesting to see if the bundle will even be available for 30,000 Zen for the first time around.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    i find it hard to believe they wont sell some of them individually as well. as that would basically prevent them from making even more money. i'm sure i'm not the only one that's bought into the same ship line more than once. so this as a bundle can't really be aimed at me as a player or customer. i also have a feeling that would be the case for the many and not the few.

this pack is great for anyone that has never bought in to them ships before and wants them. dose not do a lot for players who've been here any length of time and invested in the game. it also dose nothing for the kdf, romulans, or jem'hadar and all of them factions have iconic ships.

i know some one will point out the shows followed the federation ships. but would the shows have been as good as they was if we didn't have an iconic klingon bird of prey? or a romulan warbird?

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    Given that bundles of 3 ships sell for 6000, this pack with 10 ships selling for 30000 is just way overpriced.
    18000 for 9 of the ships plus another bit for the 10th ship and 10 ship-slots suggests 24000 would be a better price.
    The 'offer' price of 19500 is more acceptable, but having an option to buy just the ship(s) we want individually would be much better.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well 9 ship anniversary packs did go for 30000 but that was the default price not the discounted price.
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I have been playing since 2013.

Weird economics-if i buy the offer pack at 19500 for my fed alts i have 26 Discovery /TOS and normal Starfleet.
    Then the ship price at 10 ships for my each of my alts comes out at 75 zen each would give me 260 ships for admiralty alone.Will also give me all the ships i will ever need for the end of life of sto.
    Unless we hit t7 ships at some stage.

Funny if you have a lot of alts its probably worth it,if only a few then maybe not.
    But i am still thinking about the purchase-yes or no ? ,i just cannot decide.
  • samorulsamorul Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hey, please, someone, tell the cryptics that in star trek online there is not only a federation among the factions, but also other factions that are also important enough to have their own ships in this pack!
    edited February 2020
    samorul wrote: »
    Hey, please, someone, tell the cryptics that in star trek online there is not only a federation among the factions, but also other factions that are also important enough to have their own ships in this pack!

Federation ships sell better. They haven't said anything to suggest this, this is purely my own idea, but if this sells well I wonder if they would consider doing something like a Legendary Villains pack for next year's anniversary. I posted this idea in another thread as well, a pack like this could look something like this (note that I am including two Fed ships as they would likely help with sales, and are villain ships as well):

1) Romulan T'liss
    2) Romulan Scimitar
    3) Romulan Narada
    4) Klingon BoP
    5) Klingon Bortasqu (to complete the flagship trio)
    6) Klingon D7
    7) Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    8) Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier
    9) Federation Miranda
    10) Federation Vengeance

If they were to do something like this then the two JH ships should be Vanguard variants.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    nikolunus wrote: »
    if you already have the older version and the consoles they offer up.

These are different ships... same model but different ships... with Specs they can use 1 model and do multi versions... Pilot, Command, Miracle Worker etc etc... they wont offer a discount if you own a different flavor already, that applies to zen store or gamble box versions. I imagine it's a bigger pill for gamble box ship owners...

I dont have $200 in zen so unless there is a zen sale I will need to pass... maybe next year if I am still around. Since they have said this is a limited time pack... probably only offered around/during anniversary.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they don't have a Zen Charge Bonus before or during this Bundle's sale, it shows Cryptic's true attitude about its Tenth Anniversary.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • unicron573unicron573 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I apologize if this has been asked and I missed it somewhere, but are these bundles account wide or for a single character?
    unicron573 wrote: »
    I apologize if this has been asked and I missed it somewhere, but are these bundles account wide or for a single character?

C-Store ships have always been account wide unlocks.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Only have the t6 Odyssey so far, I don't have t6 versions of the other ships so no Iwaste of money to buy it all for me. I welcome this bundle as I can use these lovely star ship traits on other fed aligned characters.

Thanks for giving us 3.5 ships for free in the standard bundle sale!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    If they don't have a Zen Charge Bonus before or during this Bundle's sale, it shows Cryptic's true attitude about its Tenth Anniversary.

PWE usually has a Zen Charge Bonus for the Valentine week.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    samorul wrote: »

Federation ships sell better. They haven't said anything to suggest this, this is purely my own idea, but if this sells well I wonder if they would consider doing something like a Legendary Villains pack for next year's anniversary. I posted this idea in another thread as well, a pack like this could look something like this (note that I am including two Fed ships as they would likely help with sales, and are villain ships as well):

1) Romulan T'liss
    2) Romulan Scimitar
    3) Romulan Narada
    4) Klingon BoP
    5) Klingon Bortasqu (to complete the flagship trio)
    6) Klingon D7
    7) Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    8) Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier
    9) Federation Miranda
    10) Federation Vengeance

If they were to do something like this then the two JH ships should be Vanguard variants.

So...even in the for other factions pack, you stick in feddie bear ships?!? Because getting a whole 10 pack of ships for feddie bears only isn't good enough?!?

Like I said it would help sales since Federation ships are more popular, plus the theme I went with is villains and those ships were used by villains. Technically the Vengeance isn't even a real Federation ship, it's a Section 31 ship, and as such I don't see an issue with making it available to all factions including Klingon. Could do something similar with the Miranda and name it the Hijacked Light Cruiser, to play on the fact that Kahn hijacked it in TWoK, and make it available to Klingons under that pretense.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Well, it is stated in the OP that there will be 2 bundles... It seems pretty clear that this first bundle is for the Feddybears. This second bundle, however, could be for the rest of the players who choose not to follow the "metrics" and play something other than the bureaucratic butt-sniffers of the Federation ;)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
This discussion has been closed.