test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game keeps crashing after login or character swap

Since the new patch, character crashes after 1st login. Furthermore lag increased more, which is quit an efford on cryptics side.
Game cannot login if you swap character, keeps crashing even with safe login.
Done for today, thanks for the anniversairy kick of later this week i guess.

Comments

• theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue. Get to just passed 40% in a loading screen and then connection to server times out.
  • alpha#9002 alpha Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    same thing ok see what happens tomorrow then
  • orny#4909 orny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Glad to know its just not me - get error message - An error occured while transferring this character to destination warp would you like to safely logon this char. Safe logon gets message connection time out
  • masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I have the sam issue
  • thedarkness#5205 thedarkness Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same here
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i logged in ran the 1st mission then went and ran an errand and came back 45 min later and everytime i try to load in a char. i get timeout error before i load.
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Same issues, server timeouts when trying to log in with any character. Normal login, safe login, no effect.
  • nightharriernightharrier Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Just chiming in. Same problems here.
    Original STO Forums Join Date - August 2008
  • tenghiltenghil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Same here.
  • theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    this happens every time you would think they would test for this.
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Server Status has a red light on the Launcher. Perhaps a fix is incoming.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    They have said on twitter it is because more people are playing. Easy fix they need less people playing... I am willing to help there.

Easy fix no need for patches, they won't spend money on hardly anything else but new ships or OP revamped content bundles. I was very surprised they added new missions but they even revamped old missions into one... when that is bundled it's the longest mission ever.

At least they should add 5-10 days more since there will be a lot of downtime before the event ends. Tomorrow the first then regular thursday... may be the other games will suffer with server maintenance since we did with their updates.
  • siralexanderdanesiralexanderdane Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I wish those of us with lifetime subs had a preferential queue, because the game has been hanging on a black screen for me three times now after "loading".
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Game crashed on zoning into Hathon for an Omega collection. Can log in other toons but the Hathon one crashes instantly.
  • n0znihs#2244 n0znihs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    They have said on twitter it is because more people are playing. Easy fix they need less people playing... I am willing to help there.

Easy fix no need for patches, they won't spend money on hardly anything else but new ships or OP revamped content bundles. I was very surprised they added new missions but they even revamped old missions into one... when that is bundled it's the longest mission ever.

At least they should add 5-10 days more since there will be a lot of downtime before the event ends. Tomorrow the first then regular thursday... may be the other games will suffer with server maintenance since we did with their updates.

So when there is no lagg will twitter say nobody is playing the game?.....
    Had less issues this morning: just logg char, claim promo do omega and log off. Seems to be working.
    Not the anniversairy i was looking for, but im starting to lean to helping out here aswell
  • soma90soma90 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well this issue is still ongoing gets to 40% and the game crashes I've tried running Force Verify and checked everything else on my end including DX Diag but the issue appears to be on Cryptics end which sucks as I've been a Lifer since the game started and can't get to play the new content, collect my stipend (not a problem really) and if it continues for a few days will lose out on the last free giveaways and contributions towards the new ship that last does bite a bit.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Waiting for the character to reset from the server didn't help.
  • expfighterexpfighter Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2020
    Same here, get logged in, go to character screen, click to play, window closes and get a crash window!

Glad i tried to come back
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm.... The game crashed to desktop when I attempted to use the "Transwarp to First City" from the Event window. I am trying to get to Q so I can get my Klingon tac her Party Popper. :(
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Waiting for the character to reset from the server didn't help.

Awww... sorry that didn't work for your character.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin