What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The Ross Class is really quite disappointing, because it has basically the same bridge officer seating as the Tier 6 Andromeda.

Come on, the ship is called an Exploration Cruiser, but has only a Lt.Science seat, but a Lt.Cmdr Tactical Seat? I am not against the Lt.Cmdr tactical seat, but this makes it more into a Battlecruiser than Exploration Cruiser. Its Lt.Cmdr Engineer should be turned into a Science seat and the Lt. Science seat into an Engineer seat. No ship really needs 7 engineering abilities (even if you can put in a few Command powers on the Commander seat).

But the Defiant is really cool. Wish there had been a completely new costume added on top, but those decals are okay, and the stats are great.

Unfortunately, still no new ship stats released so far. :(

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The Ross Class is really quite disappointing, because it has basically the same bridge officer seating as the Tier 6 Andromeda.

Come on, the ship is called an Exploration Cruiser, but has only a Lt.Science seat, but a Lt.Cmdr Tactical Seat? I am not against the Lt.Cmdr tactical seat, but this makes it more into a Battlecruiser than Exploration Cruiser. Its Lt.Cmdr Engineer should be turned into a Science seat and the Lt. Science seat into an Engineer seat. No ship really needs 7 engineering abilities (even if you can put in a few Command powers on the Commander seat).

But the Defiant is really cool. Wish there had been a completely new costume added on top, but those decals are okay, and the stats are great.

I just wish it had miracle worker LT seat instead of command. That in my opinion would make it more attractive while still being command ship.

I hope there is a Pilot excelsior, command seating does fit it too. But every time I think of the excelsior class I can't help but hear sulu say fly her apart then !! I also would like to see a full spec oddy.

There also hasn't been any mention of what those new traits actually do?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I just wish it had miracle worker LT seat instead of command. That in my opinion would make it more attractive while still being command ship.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's been any dual-spec ships that were not in the Promo box, so that was probably never going to happen.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's been any dual-spec ships that were not in the Promo box, so that was probably never going to happen.
    True but they could break their own rules they kinda already are with the latest bundles anyways.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Odds are they will allow for individual purchase. Almost every ship in the game is available that way. Only ones that aren't are the old T5 Jem'Hadar and the old T5 Galor. Maybe the Miradorn Raider if you also consider the Picard bundle. However those were also lockbox/lobi ships.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense to sell them individually as well as in the bundle, because you can appeal to a wider audience. Not everyone can afford the big packs, but a lot more people can afford one or two at any given time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Odds are they will allow for individual purchase. Almost every ship in the game is available that way. Only ones that aren't are the old T5 Jem'Hadar and the old T5 Galor. Maybe the Miradorn Raider if you also consider the Picard bundle. However those were also lockbox/lobi ships.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense to sell them individually as well as in the bundle, because you can appeal to a wider audience. Not everyone can afford the big packs, but a lot more people can afford one or two at any given time.

The thing is, it's looking like there's a very real possibility of there being as many as 2 promo box ships, 2 lockbox ships, and a lobi ship in the bundle. If that is indeed the case then the only real precedent we have is the Miradorn, which is currently not sold separately from it's bundle, so they could really go either way on this. Hopefully Kael will be able to answer this question during the next livestream.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Not surprised that it's (very likely) 100% FED. I had hoped for a D'deridex and Negh'var but that was pushing it. I also hoped for an Excelsior and it looks like that won't happen. Oh well, the Defiant does look pretty sweet and hopefully the Sovereign stats end up being really good.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, it's a shame how the excelsior isn't in there either, Sulu did captain an excelsior and that would've been a good excuse to add it as a hero ship, not to mention the actual excelsior in the game has a very limiting setup.
  • Options
    tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Not sure what will be in the pack yet but might be worth it. The small one at least. How are those few extra items worth 10k Zen more? No idea who did the pricing on this but that's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    keppabar42keppabar42 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I've got an afinity for oddball ships, so I'd kind of like to see the Niagara class some time. I don't expect to though.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Okay, if that image is true, then there will be 11 if I'm counting the image correctly after rubbing my eyes several times & I thought it had been said it was a 10 ship bundle so 11 would be better but...

Its a screenshot from the recent mission. That 11th ship... is the player ship. The rest were NPCs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Okay, if that image is true, then there will be 11 if I'm counting the image correctly after rubbing my eyes several times & I thought it had been said it was a 10 ship bundle so 11 would be better but...

Its a screenshot from the recent mission. That 11th ship... is the player ship. The rest were NPCs.

Well that certainly makes sense, & thanks, but I was hoping Cryptic was going to try to be sly & slip some surprise for everybody buying the bundle lol, oh well, thanks again. I just cannot fathom why Cryptic would only do Fed ships for a 10th anniversary bundle & dismiss the other factions/ships so easily, I mean there are iconic ST ships besides Fed ships.
  • Options

The thing is, it's looking like there's a very real possibility of there being as many as 2 promo box ships, 2 lockbox ships, and a lobi ship in the bundle. If that is indeed the case then the only real precedent we have is the Miradorn, which is currently not sold separately from it's bundle, so they could really go either way on this. Hopefully Kael will be able to answer this question during the next livestream.
    I bet you that they are variants. It's a shame no pilot excelsior though.
  • Options

I bet you that they are variants.

Of course they are variants, that's what all of these ships are, wasn't saying the actual lockbox versions will be in the bundle.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ask Kael about whether the ships would be sold seperately? Not likely that he would know. Remember, he was totally baffled on a previous Livestream as to where all this 10 ship talk came from!! ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Ask Kael about whether the ships would be sold seperately? Not likely that he would know. Remember, he was totally baffled on a previous Livestream as to where all this 10 ship talk came from!! ;)

My understanding is that question was about ten FREE ships.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Excuse me...there are 4 factions...yeah I realize that the Roms and Doms are kinda screwed as factions...but there are 4.

I know that. Your kdf bretheren sympathise. However rom and Dominion characters can still pick fed side and enjoy this should they choose. Kdf mains? Just a big middle finger. And before someone comes along telling me just to make a Fed, I'd be happy to...if someone is willing to front the same investment I've already made on ships, doffs, rep grinds, Dil sinks and the like.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

My understanding is that question was about ten FREE ships.

I just always figured it was Kael avoiding answering the question directly with his "acting".

I still think if all these "legendary" ships are Fed only that displays Cryptic's apathy & mindset towards KDFs & Roms for sure, I'll look the other way on Dom since much newer.
  • Options
    mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    What bothers me and keeps me from buying lately is that it seems always when i just buy something, BOEM, another discount comes along, there are so many discounts after eachother that it seems that i always pay to much.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Honestly it's high time to get rid of the red vs blue thing and let everyone buy this stuff.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    the writing was on the wall from day 1 with this game... the kdf side was tacked on to a fed game. they had to build that up after game launched and safe money says that anything outside of fed does not pay.

This is basically the TOS expan... Fed Only. Given how the stories are written... in a Fed centric sort of way...

what i think is that they need to add a treasure chest that contains all the consoles to claim... that way KDF players can get the gear. they can claim the new account unlock traits already once the new ship is xp maxed out.

yes I have rom toons (both sides), jhd toons (both sides) and kdf toons as well. this is just a ship you fly for a period of time for the ship trait. if they removed the faction restrictions... would kdf toons fly a fed ship? I am honestly thinking of having all my fed toons fly a scim w/ur drone (power levels only reason holding me back)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited January 2020

They'll NEVER put the Lockbox or Promo Box ships in that bundle for sale on the C-Store individually, ever. And remember after the 'sale price' promo ends - it's $300 U.S. worth of Zen for the base pack ($450 for the pack with the 'extras' that IMO really ain't worth it for another $150 YMMV); and yes, I'm sure the Pack will be price reduced when they do their occasional 20% - 30% off promos...

But yeah, those Lock Box and Promo Box ships will never be put up for sale individually on the C-Store.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    "Hero ships" to me suggests main character/series ships from the shows. Galaxy, Defiant, Connie, Sovereign, Voyager, Discovery, NX, etc. Given the visual revamp on the Heavy Cruiser, I expect a Stargazer. Not sure how you round out the 10 (multiple movie & show Connies seems silly). But I wouldn't expect any KDF/Rom/Jem/etc ships - because none of those have been main character/'hero' ships in any of the media.
  • Options

They'll NEVER put the Lockbox or Promo Box ships in that bundle for sale on the C-Store individually, ever. And remember after the 'sale price' promo ends - it's $300 U.S. worth of Zen for the base pack ($450 for the pack with the 'extras' that IMO really ain't worth it for another $150 YMMV); and yes, I'm sure the Pack will be price reduced when they do their occasional 20% - 30% off promos...

But yeah, those Lock Box and Promo Box ships will never be put up for sale individually on the C-Store.

Idk, my gut tells me you're right but just two months ago I was convinced that a variation of a lockbox or promo ship would never, ever make it to the C-Store in any capacity whatsoever. Since Cryptic seems to have flipped on that particular idea I have no idea what to think right now, could be bundle only or the ships could each have something like a 6k zen individual price tag to make the bundle more attractive.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    "Hero ships" to me suggests main character/series ships from the shows. Galaxy, Defiant, Connie, Sovereign, Voyager, Discovery, NX, etc. Given the visual revamp on the Heavy Cruiser, I expect a Stargazer. Not sure how you round out the 10 (multiple movie & show Connies seems silly). But I wouldn't expect any KDF/Rom/Jem/etc ships - because none of those have been main character/'hero' ships in any of the media.

George and Gracie disagree.

latest?cb=20120317050343&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Then don't call it an "anniversary pack" when they clearly aren't paying any sort of lip service to the other three factions in the game. Call it a "Federation hero pack" or something.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

Ah, never mind. Hadn't seen the end of the 2nd episode when I wrote this.

Hrm.
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yeah, the end of the 2nd episode gives us our ten ships. Though I suspect that the ship we should be driving at the end is the Khitomer to round out all the ships.
  • Options
    I am sure looking forward to this pack. More than any other release to date.
    Former Join Date : July 2008
This discussion has been closed.