test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10 Years of STO Infographic

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's been an amazing #TenYearsofSTO. In celebration, we've made an infographic with a ton of fun facts about our decade in space. Want to know how many times Kurland was here? Here you go:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11357703

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Hmmm, James Horan has a long, long list of credits. But IMDb is missing his role as Noye in STO!

Someone has to correct that error. Make it so!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Thats a whole lot of Kurlands... 34m repetitions - now, if only the VA was paid each time it was heard, lol...
    Just to think they've been keeping track of our Tribbles....
  • bnuts#2055 bnuts Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I guess there would be too much data that changes to include character breakdown by faction. It's easy to believe most are either Starfleet for the glut of available ships, or Dominion for the easy access to end-game content and systems like Admiralty.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    Hmmm, James Horan has a long, long list of credits. But IMDb is missing his role as Noye in STO!

Someone has to correct that error. Make it so!
    I believe that's something new with this update, so it'll appear eventually...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • procyniaprocynia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I do believe that Tony Todd has a singular last name....
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    And to think all those tribbles were in my bank/inv!
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Star Trek Online has grown a lot, just when you look at the graphics and models we now have. Combined with voice acting and cutscenes, compared to the huge walls of text you were represented with in 2010. lol.

I love Star Trek Online!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    And to think all those tribbles were in my bank/inv!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHcoCg2jWI
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Just to think they've been keeping track of our Tribbles....

What? No list of the number Tribble Carcasses? ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    *shhhhh* The Klingons are quietly supressing that information. :sunglasses:
    Looking at Worf, wearing his movie/later DS9 episode uniform, I hope he returns to Starfleet.

Maybe with the Allied Fleet Service? He'd grew up on Earth, served with Starfleet and the KDF, captaining starships, worked as an ambassador, and helped design ships. He'd be perfect as the head of the AFS (even if the regular liason with the players may be another NPC, like Loriss standing in for Odo).
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I see you're not celebrating fanfilm actors this year. Then again Vic mignogna isn't too popular these days.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Looking at Worf, wearing his movie/later DS9 episode uniform, I hope he returns to Starfleet.

Maybe with the Allied Fleet Service? He'd grew up on Earth, served with Starfleet and the KDF, captaining starships, worked as an ambassador, and helped design ships. He'd be perfect as the head of the AFS (even if the regular liason with the players may be another NPC, like Loriss standing in for Odo).
    I've heard rumors, but admittedly never seen any sort of substantive evidence, that Michael Dorn got mad that Cryptic killed Alexander, and that is why he hasn't comeback for any new VA work,and thus any missions he appears in he either never says anything, or just reuses audio from his original recordings.

IDK - In an interview he said he really did like the dialogue they wrote for Worf, plus, I think the fact that (at that time) Cryptic had been using non-union VAs in the game was brought up by him/his agent as a sticking point, and they probably thought Cryptic WOULDN'T switch to being a 100% AFTRA union shop - but they did, so Mr. Dorn came in for the session.

But it's clear he wasn't happy with some aspect of the whole thing, and I doubt they'd ever get him back for any further voice work in STO.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Star Trek Online has grown a lot, just when you look at the graphics and models we now have. Combined with voice acting and cutscenes, compared to the huge walls of text you were represented with in 2010. lol.

I love Star Trek Online!

Very Well said, and so nice to see you again!
    0zxlclk.png

I've heard rumors, but admittedly never seen any sort of substantive evidence, that Michael Dorn got mad that Cryptic killed Alexander, and that is why he hasn't comeback for any new VA work,and thus any missions he appears in he either never says anything, or just reuses audio from his original recordings.

IDK - In an interview he said he really did like the dialogue they wrote for Worf, plus, I think the fact that (at that time) Cryptic had been using non-union VAs in the game was brought up by him/his agent as a sticking point, and they probably thought Cryptic WOULDN'T switch to being a 100% AFTRA union shop - but they did, so Mr. Dorn came in for the session.

But it's clear he wasn't happy with some aspect of the whole thing, and I doubt they'd ever get him back for any further voice work in STO.

He mentioned he didn't like the direction that was taken with Worf, most likely from the Star Trek (2009) Countdown comics which a lot of STO 'canon' was based on, such as the choices that were made by the character in the game (such as not supporting Alexander, quitting Starfleet over the Undine, etc.).

The Picard Countdown comic over-rode the 2009 version, so maybe that frees up what STO could do with the character (that plus what the second season of Picard may bring to Worf). I can see the Klingon faction getting new storyline, like what Cryptic is doing for the Romulans sometime this year (or should I say SOON(TM)?).

Considering Michael Dorn was a major advocate for new Star Trek shows, with one based on Worf, I think it would be appropriate if they ask him to help them with a renovation of STO's KDF storyline/arc.
  • lorenmarj02#1951 lorenmarj02 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited June 2020
    spam removed - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    edited June 2020
    edited June 2020
    edited June 2020
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 - we have a spamming account - please verify the links above. Lorenmarj02 is spamming some links here with no topic.
This discussion has been closed.