test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for the new hairstyles

foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
I saw that Q's dancers had a really nice looking shaved ponytail and wondered if we got it too. So I checked and it wasn't there, but they did sneak in Jeri Ryan's long wavy hairstyle and a French Twist. Though the latter is seriously buggy if you use "hair".

So Cryptic, please let us have the hairstyle the dancers have too!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    The French Twist also radically changes my hairs color when used.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    The French Twist also radically changes my hairs color when used.​​
    yeah some have an inherent shade bias that you have to compensate for to get the color you want.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish they would add some more long hair styles for male toons, all they have is the ponytail.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I did notice with the Long Wavy style that you can change the 2nd color by selecting another hair style that has a second color option (Khan, for example).
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I saw that Q's dancers had a really nice looking shaved ponytail and wondered if we got it too. So I checked and it wasn't there, but they did sneak in Jeri Ryan's long wavy hairstyle and a French Twist. Though the latter is seriously buggy if you use "hair".

If you're talking about the ponytail/mohawk combination from the dancers for the anniversary event, that's already available to players. It's a Talaxian hairstyle. You have to be LTS to have access to it.
  • turkeysandvichsturkeysandvichs Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I did notice with the Long Wavy style that you can change the 2nd color by selecting another hair style that has a second color option (Khan, for example).

Thank you! It seems they just forgot to add in the second colour box. It is a fantastic hairstyle though, I've been waiting for STO to have curly hair for years.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Thank you! It seems they just forgot to add in the second colour box. It is a fantastic hairstyle though, I've been waiting for STO to have curly hair for years.

Yes, it's great, i already implemented in some of my female chars
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

If you're talking about the ponytail/mohawk combination from the dancers for the anniversary event, that's already available to players. It's a Talaxian hairstyle. You have to be LTS to have access to it.

Then it's not really "available", it's there, but only if you have 200$ laying around (or 100 when on sale). Nice to know that it's in the game I guess.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I wonder why they didn't add either of Burnham's hair styles, her season 3 one in particular looks very nice imo.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I wonder why they didn't add either of Burnham's hair styles, her season 3 one in particular looks very nice imo.

She's had 4. Short and curly, short with a tiny fro, long and straightened (2nd fav) and the braidlocks from the Red Angel. I would absolutely love to see the braidlocks.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

She's had 4. Short and curly, short with a tiny fro, long and straightened (2nd fav) and the braidlocks from the Red Angel. I would absolutely love to see the braidlocks.

I was referring to the two they built for the new episodes, not every style she's had in the show :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited January 2020
    No, no! I would like to see them all! but I want the braidlocks more... oh and Mary Wiseman's (Tilly) giant mass of curly hair would be awesome too lol.

And while were at it, I want Keyla's side shave SO bad, with or without the cybernetics, I don't care.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I didn't like Burnham's short hair (any version of it really) but the long hair looks nice. To me the short hair version they used in the STO episode looked someone was trying to mimic 1950s white person's hair style but forgot actress who plays Burnham isn't white so you end up with a mess that doesn't really work, where as the long "braidlock" hairstyle seems to compliment the actress' natural hair much better.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Nice looking hairdo! A well done to the team responsible. I love the long hair style.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Good to know, I'll try tinkering with that later. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,824 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I wish they'd add some more cute shorter hair styles for women...most of them look like the basic ones you'd expect to see on a Vulcan or Romulan. Love some cute undercuts like my avatar

I know we have the curls one but I'm not a huge fan of curls, I prefer straight hair

N3d4Nld.png

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Please add M'Ress hair style for Caitians too. :)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up, gents.
    XzRTofz.gif
This discussion has been closed.