test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Anniversary Emotes - Character-Only Unlocks

brothabennybrothabenny Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Why are this years latest Anniversary Emotes (from the Omega mission emote reward box) Character-only unlocks, when last year the emotes were all account-unlocks?

Surely this must be a glitch or oversight on Cryptics part, if not it's very disappointing.

Can we expect this to be addressed in a patch?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Was about to say the same thing. Very angry and disappointed with Cryptic/Arc for that decision.
    As that punishes the players with multiple toons, I personally know players with 40+ characters.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There was one or two in the past that were Character instead of Account Unlocks at first then patched and corrected to Account.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    There was one or two in the past that were Character instead of Account Unlocks at first then patched and corrected to Account.

Yeah I think it was last year or the year before where emotes at first only unlocked per character, but that was a bug and fixed in the next patch. It would be nice to know if this is a bug too or intended.
    @ambassadorkael#6946 could you please tell us if this is intended or a bug that's returned? I mean the latter is annoying, but bugs happen in a game, but if it's really intended as character unlock only can I just, and pardon my French, say wtf!
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Wasnt the emotes account wide in the previous year? I just did it and got the disco emote on one toon and it is not available on another toon.

I'll run the omega scan again to see if the emote is available...

if you guys decided to make em character unlocks this time... should of gave a heads up.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Known issue. /Merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Thanks... ok ran this a 2nd time on a different toon... Disco Emote is MISSING. So it's fubar again. Hope they fix this soon.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It is interesting how all of the emotes are Loot Crate exclusive emotes instead of new emotes made for the anniversary. I wonder if Loot Crate violated their contract with Cryptic or Perfect World.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    It is interesting how all of the emotes are Loot Crate exclusive emotes instead of new emotes made for the anniversary. I wonder if Loot Crate violated their contract with Cryptic or Perfect World.

There may have been a period of exclusivity in the deal that is now up for those emotes.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

There may have been a period of exclusivity in the deal that is now up for those emotes.

Considering the amount of problems Loot Crate had last year like not paying their suppliers, then I doubt it.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    yeah, i claimed the disco emote on one toon earlier and then did Q daily on another toon now and can't unlock disco emote as it does not show in list, hopefully fixed on Thursdays maintenance .
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • darthnovawavedarthnovawave Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm seeing the same issue. Also not sure if this is correct or not, but there appears to be no animation associated with the "evil plans" emote. So many possible animations, so seems hard to believe it would just be a line of text in the chat window and nothing else....
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

Considering the amount of problems Loot Crate had last year like not paying their suppliers, then I doubt it.

I don't see how that follows, especially with there being newer emotes in more recent packs. I doubt that there would be anything more from Cryptic in those crates if there had been a contract violation. A 2 year exclusivity period, which is a pretty common thing, would explain why they're suddenly available to us now, and probably why the last couple of new ones in the Loot Crate boxes aren't available yet.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Last year the emotes were account unlock, this year they dont seem to be?
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    /Merged...again
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • caggilcaggil Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    When you say "known issue", does that mean it is acknowledged by the devs as a bug that will be fixed?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    caggil wrote: »
    When you say "known issue", does that mean it is acknowledged by the devs as a bug that will be fixed?

Yes, that is what that means.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • caggilcaggil Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    caggil wrote: »

Yes, that is what that means.

Great! Thanks. I'll make sure to keep track of the ones I unlock.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    If they are meant to be a only per character unlock that would be a huge leap backwards & so tedious for even just a few characters to have lol.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I'm seeing the same issue. Also not sure if this is correct or not, but there appears to be no animation associated with the "evil plans" emote. So many possible animations, so seems hard to believe it would just be a line of text in the chat window and nothing else....

There is an animation for the evil plans emote, but it's practically invisible if viewed from the back of the character, the animation is the the character rubbing their hands together in an evil way. I found that out after trying it twice and turning the character to see if it had done anything.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User

There is an animation for the evil plans emote, but it's practically invisible if viewed from the back of the character, the animation is the the character rubbing their hands together in an evil way. I found that out after trying it twice and turning the character to see if it had done anything.
    It's a bit like Mr Burns when he says "Excellent."
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Well in the 1/30/2020 patch notes it seems the emotes will be made account-wide unlocks as intended.

Resolved an issue that was causing the Anniversary X Emotes to be character bound.
    Resolved an issue that was causing the 8th anniversary emotes to not have icons within the reward pack.
This discussion has been closed.