test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 1/28/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Star Trek Online will have maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, 1/28, at 6am PT on PC and 7am PT on Console. Estimated downtime is two hours on console and five hours on PC. You can find the PC Patch Notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11357853

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates and fixes!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Looking forward to the X Anniversary Event.

I usually dread the Omega Molecule game because of fat-fingers & lag so with more lag lately yippee ki yay.

The Omega Upgrade variants are a good idea by Cryptic imo, but that is before knowing the dilthium cost & if it is a true option or more gambling.

Emotes & Party Poppers are mostly wasted on me but many do like those.

Looking forward most to that Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser (KAB).

2 returning TFOs, 1 new TFO, & 2 new missions as, BMR, predicted! "without ever leaving the map." That seems interesting.

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    "without ever leaving the map." That seems interesting.

not that interesting - that functionality's been in the game for years; the now-removed guardian of forever two-parter from the klingon war arc had it where you could immediate start the next mission from the surface of gateway​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Well...looks like kinetic on borg has been (indirectly) nerfed - as they ignore shield it'll trigger the borg to steal anothers shield and convert it to hp for them

Thats one way to make the c-mods more viable!

As to the other borg changes...about time they got some more teeth although I predict the ambush will be a very annoying source of death (assuming the borg groups have no limits to numbers deployed..imagine a group of borg elites in front then twenty protodrones appearing behind you on elite -shudder-)

As to the rest...it all looks good - I'm not really enthralled by omega as its a mind numbing game (seriously, its Q being Q...the guy could make it more fun by introducing random games or heck, at random in the zone spawn a giant omega molecule skinned crystalline entity that everyone can blast to get rewards)

More content is always welcome and I think to hell with honor will be one of my favourite tfos (even if its skewed to faw tactics considering beams can fire straight down...not that it'll stop me using my cannon spitters) - I can't wait to see the mayhem my sci guys megawells will cause on ground critters :smiley:

Carrier play will be suitably epic of course - You'll feel like a Protoss commander!

Its also tempting me to remake my reverse tbr minelayer just to see if the ground mobs suffer falling damage ..and how max tracking mines work when attacking ground targets
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thank you for adding more Elite Queues.

Greatly appreciated.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Mighty fine set of patch notes. The 10th anniversary is looking good and really appreciate the ground Borg getting some more smarts (abilities). Nice ^^
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Hopefully the next patch will fix the event rewards from being locked in a box you can't open in your inventory, even when there is plenty of space in my inventory. I could not get this mornings 25,000 Dilithium reward and have this box in my inventory that I can't open.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Did they increase the amount of days required to grind for the ship? I recall it being 25 days or 15 days if you did a first time requirement which gave you 400 tokens with the usual 40 afterwards. I know they changed the system but on the notes it says 20 days.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Dang, adapting to crowd control will make things a lot more difficult going against the Borg.

Edit:
    Measure of Morality might be interesting. New story content is never bad.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Well, no direct indication of how much, if any, progress towards the Anniversary Event the two new 'Featured' Episodes will provide. Last year (the first time the Anniversary had two Episodes contribute instead of just one) the Episodes were worth 20% of the goal. In proportion to this year each Episode should be worth four days progress (eight all told) to the Event.

Why are there Patch Notes in there that were already implemented over the last two Patches?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    burstorion wrote: »
    Well...looks like kinetic on borg has been (indirectly) nerfed - as they ignore shield it'll trigger the borg to steal anothers shield and convert it to hp for them
    *laughs in Doom's Cyberdemon protip*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

I usually dread the Omega Molecule game because of fat-fingers & lag so with more lag lately yippee ki yay.

The Omega Upgrade variants are a good idea by Cryptic imo, but that is before knowing the dilthium cost & if it is a true option or more gambling.

2 returning TFOs, 1 new TFO, & 2 new missions as, BMR, predicted! "without ever leaving the map." That seems interesting.

Do you use the directional arrows? It works much better to use the mouse. No buttons and just slide it up and down.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    pickles#5059 pickles Member Posts: 1 Arc User

That's why I use a trackball mouse
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, no direct indication of how much, if any, progress towards the Anniversary Event the two new 'Featured' Episodes will provide. Last year (the first time the Anniversary had two Episodes contribute instead of just one) the Episodes were worth 20% of the goal. In proportion to this year each Episode should be worth four days progress (eight all told) to the Event.

Based on the "new event system" comments, and experience from last event, it seems like anything you do (Omega daily, TFO, Episode) gives a single day's progress. And you need 20 days, with the remaining 10 days giving 2500/5000/7500/etc Dil.
  • Options
    khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Very moist update. Looking forward to the 10th year content.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Trying to save Zen for that Anniversary Bundle, so I'll have to skip the Zen buyout for this event.
  • Options
    "without ever leaving the map." That seems interesting.

not that interesting - that functionality's been in the game for years; the now-removed guardian of forever two-parter from the klingon war arc had it where you could immediate start the next mission from the surface of gateway​​

Oh yeah I miss that mission, forgot about it too, just for the telly tie-in. Also, didn't it earn us a trophy of the guardian for our ship or something which was cool.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »

Do you use the directional arrows? It works much better to use the mouse. No buttons and just slide it up and down.

I do use the Arrow keys. I've tried the mouse before just didn't feel natural to me, but doesn't hurt to try it again. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just aiming to even-out & round-off my amounts of particle traces now that they are account-bound.

That's why I use a trackball mouse

I know I have one in the basement somewhere, a Logitech older model with a red-ball that could be hurled as a weapon. I might have to look for it, thanks for the idea.
  • Options
    Also it showed in-game yesterday at the events page at least Cryptic extended the current/previous event by 1 day to the 29th because of the rough launch of the event, Borg TFOs, about a month ago. In case any are still attempting it.
This discussion has been closed.