test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[LEGACY] Measure of Morality - Feedback and Discussion

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
*** WARNING: Spoilers for the two part mission Measure of Morality may be contained in this thread. ***

This thread is being created to contain all questions, discussion, and feedback on the 10th Anniversary missions: Measure of Morality - Part 1 and Part 2. Any and all new threads created about these missions will be merged here.
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Good stuff. My thing is why all the secrecy from Cryptic about this. Seems like something they would want to get out there ahead of time. I'm all for surprises but it seems like bad marketing.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    Good stuff. My thing is why all the secrecy from Cryptic about this. Seems like something they would want to get out there ahead of time. I'm all for surprises but it seems like bad marketing.

It's definitely odd, Cryptic is usually on top of all this with blog posts to build hype and forum posts pointing us to said blogs. I didn't even realize the anniversary was starting today until I read the patch notes, cause they've done an abysmal job of promoting things this year.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    We get important news like this from a 3rd party. Come on, Cryptic...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Will we see the U.S.S. Zimmerman NCC-1616 on the Zen store - It resembles the U.S.S. Malochowski class in which I am hoping for a T6 variant. The difference between the two is their nacelles - I would like to see it in game at a T6 lvl.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh dear. Whilst am pleased to see Michael Burnham is to be in-game, this is going to cause some rage on those who literally said "they can't do that!".

People thought they weren't going to have more Discovery stuff in the game, especially one of the new core characters? :D
    They were deluding themselves.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Great. That makes me want to ASSIST the Mo'kai space-orcs
    jozen#9312 wrote: »
    Great. That makes me want to ASSIST the Mo'kai space-orcs

Good luck in making that happen.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh dear. Whilst am pleased to see Michael Burnham is to be in-game, this is going to cause some rage on those who literally said "they can't do that!".

Yeah how HORRIBLE that thy actually got a series LEAD ACTRESS (and the first series lead they've managed to get beyond Leonard Nimoy for the launch of STO in 2010) from a very popular and new (yes, not the newest, but it renewed the propularity of Star trek regardless of what a few Youtube and a few other trolls like to believe) into a game based entirely on the STAR TREK franchise.

I think it's rweally great that they got Sonequa Martin-Green to do VO for STO; as well as Jeri Ryan with a character model update for the Seven of Nine character that makes her look like the character does in the STP San Diego Comic Con promos.

I really don't see what (if you like Star Trek) what there is to complain about here.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Oh dear. Whilst am pleased to see Michael Burnham is to be in-game, this is going to cause some rage on those who literally said "they can't do that!".

I think changing Seven's cat suit for the new outfit will cause more rage , especially in me , hate the change .
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Oh dear. Whilst am pleased to see Michael Burnham is to be in-game, this is going to cause some rage on those who literally said "they can't do that!".

I think changing Seven's cat suit for the new outfit will cause more rage , especially in me , hate the change .

Did they change it in the Delta Rising missions too?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm fairly sure people will complain if the writing is bad regardless of the character. If Worf was telling budding Klingons that the Empire was "like, totallay awesome!" people would definitely complain.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Same thing with the new changes to Borg on the Ground. We find out about it in the Notes for the patch. Meanwhile, the CMod weapons they had as the prize for the current Featured TFO Event were vilified by some, and now with the new changes, have a goto air about them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    When I woke up this morning I didn't think I would be fighting Borg along side fellow President Abraham Lincoln with a Axe
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:

I'm curious if they're going to have her go back and redo her lines of dialogue to stick to the stilted "voyager era" seven dialogue. I can't imagine they'll go back but she sounds so much more.... personable in this new episode
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    When I woke up this morning I didn't think I would be fighting Borg along side fellow President Abraham Lincoln with a Axe

I'm having some trouble with the Server Not Responding boss myself, never seen rubber banding this bad in any online game I've ever played.
    eaY7Xxu.png

I'm having some trouble with the Server Not Responding boss myself, never seen rubber banding this bad in any online game I've ever played.

Methinks they were unprepared for how many people who hadn't played in a while might come back to see what they did for the 10th anniversary of the game. Kinda sad really as I'm sure they'll quickly go away again saying: "I see not much has changed..."
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    So anyone notice the year is now 2411? IIRC that's new isn't it?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:

I'm curious if they're going to have her go back and redo her lines of dialogue to stick to the stilted "voyager era" seven dialogue. I can't imagine they'll go back but she sounds so much more.... personable in this new episode

I've not replayed those older episodes yet but unless she was paid by the lines, I can't see why Cryptic wouldn't take the opportunity to redo those lines as for the cat suit, honestly I think Jeri Ryan looks better in regular clothes then in the Catsuit but maybe I'm just getting old.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Any news about old klingon missions (they planned to put them back last summer)?
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @reyan01 said:

I've not replayed those older episodes yet but unless she was paid by the lines, I can't see why Cryptic wouldn't take the opportunity to redo those lines as for the cat suit, honestly I think Jeri Ryan looks better in regular clothes then in the Catsuit but maybe I'm just getting old.

They may make the new character model for her game wide; but I doubt they'll spent the time/money redoing any of her existing lines. Remember STO takes place 10 years after STP - so who knows what else happened to her after her encounters with Picard in that series (whatever they end up being.)

Hell, they could kill the character in STP - meaning that:

STO is an alternate universe/timeline...

Or

Somehow Seven was revived; and she reverted somewhat due to the nature of her resurrection...

But in the end, they don't really gain anything from paying more to have her do rewritten dialogue for existing content, so yeah, I doubt they'll spend the funds (and please no one does anything like thus for free as it would set a bad precedent for any future contract negotiations - and that doesn't mean her or her agent are 'money grubbing' - she's an actor, and she gets paid to act be it TV, films, or VO.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is there a giveaway tonight? If yes, please extend its timeframe, cannot login (server time out).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The communication for this Anniversary Event has been lackluster at best. With the 'Mycellial' Event we knew ahead of time what progress running each alternative would provide towards the completion of the Event. New Patrols, Featured TFO, Featured Episode was clear ahead of implementation. For the Anniversary we have to get in-game to find out that running Omega, the new Featured TFO, or Parts one or Two of the new Featured Episodes were all worth one day's progress each. Path of least resistance anyone?

The Featured Episodes for the Anniversary were worth 20% progress each last year (once only).

Puzzle clues to find out about the Anniversary Episode, cutesy guess who's about new VOs, daily Advent Calendar peek-a-boos about the ships in the new Mucho Mega Bundle.

Oy vey.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    took us ten years to get from 2409 -2411
    GwaoHAD.png
    took us ten years to get from 2409 -2411

That's two years more than most MMOs progress (in game world time) in that time. ;)
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The rewards for the latest missions are a bit odd. What use is a puddle of radiation damage? There are many AoE damage kits now. This one offers nothing new. But the real disappointment is the strange weapon we get at the end of the second one. An axe??? Is that really what Abe Lincoln is associated with? What would have been far better is a cosmetic item much more widely associated with the 16th president of the United States. For quite a while now I've wished for a decent fedora to go with the formal suit and Replica Thompson Submachine Gun. It would make a complete "gangster" outfit possible. But what would have been equally good is a stove pipe hat! Dapper gorns in ordinary suits are fun. A dapper gorn in a tux and stove pipe hat would be even more fun. While I don't know if there is any tuxedo or other older-style plain black suit that would go with it already available somewhere in the game, that could easily have been part of the package. There is still time. Convert the stupid axe to a stove pipe hat in the next patch.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    A little preface, I haven't played STO since Beneath the Skin so over the past 2 days I played through those missions and into Measure of Morality today.

To start I have to say Sentinels - Ruins of Doom where some of the absolute worst missions I've played in all of STO, I just don't have a nice way of saying how lazy these missions where. Do X and Y, blast limitless waves of klingons for a minute. Next mission do x y z, blast limitless waves of klingons for a minute.

I don't mind those types of missions if it was a one of but Rescue and Search, Within the Briars, The Ninith Rule, and Ruins of Doom where nothing but Klingons warping in in the same spot endlessly as I sat in my parked Mogai CSV'ing them down in 1-2 seconds for another wave to spawn rinse and repeat for a minute or so straight. It was boring as sin, and it was repeated in all 4 missions.. seriously these missions are flat out bad.

So I wasn't really looking forward to doing Measure of Morality but I did and thank god it was different, but here's where my PRAISE comes in. Burnham showed up aaaaand I got into dialogue with her about how I'm not a Vulcan, the basic jist of Romulans and the such over more than just a single dialogue box..

Wait what? Seriously?? ACTUAL acknowledgement I'm NOT a Human??? That literally made the missions shine in my eyes, that SIMPLE dialogue exchange and her not just being like HEY CAP'N! nice Federation ehhh??? I seriously hope to see more stuff like this in the future, just that bit more effort put into dialogue options, the kinda stuff that makes it feel more like this game isn't just Starfleet online.

Also honestly the missions where fun, had a little fun deciding what options I would choose and the such, overall really nice job

yeah the romulan bit was a nice touch, thumbs up for doing that
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    Wait what? Seriously?? ACTUAL acknowledgement I'm NOT a Human??? That literally made the missions shine in my eyes, that SIMPLE dialogue exchange and her not just being like HEY CAP'N! nice Federation ehhh??? I seriously hope to see more stuff like this in the future, just that bit more effort put into dialogue options, the kinda stuff that makes it feel more like this game isn't just Starfleet online.

I really liked that part too. Not only acknowledged that I was Romulan, but also a bit of interesting dialogue coming with it.
    Does she say anything special for Klingons or Jem'Hadar?
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.