test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mudd's Market - Discussion and Feedback

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    People can see the prices listed and make the decision. No one is forced to buy at any price, they choose to. Some people may like the game so much that they deliberately buy it at the inflated normal price to support it.
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    and I doubt that anybody has

you talk about humans; of course players have bought these items at these ridiculous prices, and even at 85% discout these items are overpriced..

I know humans, and only those with way too much money would pay those prices, and usually not even those would do so in a case like this, especially when the item itself ltells you that it would be stupid to do so.

85% off is fine as a price, too. It is, in fact a bargain at that price for everything in Mudd's Market compared to comparable C-store items. 2100 for a Tier 6 ship is equivalent to a 30% off sale on any other single Tier 6 ship, which is the best sale that they offer anywhere else in the C-store. 600 for a single bridge officer is a bargain if you have even 2 characters that can use it, and that is the worst deal in Mudd's Market that we have a comparable item in the C-store to compare to. I get that you're dissatisfied with many things in this game, but stating that something is a bad deal when simple math shows otherwise just makes you look stubborn.
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Relax. If they went to the trouble of making entries for those items, they will certainly be back. They probably just didn't plan on releasing them at this time, and they pulled them until the time that they initially wanted them to be in there.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, the S'torr and Geordi are gone. Probably weren't supposed to be added yet and hopefully not due to the whining and gnashing. I have the S'torr already unlocked but would pick up Geordi when he is 85% off.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Some rich dude probably has bought the Mudd stuff at list price just to show off. Here's the key point: It's their money. IOW, their own business and nobody else's.

If you don't think the items are worth their prices, don't buy them. "Problem" solved.
  • Options
    n0znihs#2244 n0znihs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Most items where exlusive. Some were locked behind times of replay(ing) missions or when launched (Reman boff, tholian boff, shard and cane) i rather had them put in the phoenix box like th ekobali uniform. Allot of chars had them, but all character ive made since gamma release (65) i hoped they would redo the missions again or phoenix.

Some where not even available to the rest of the world (Visit Convent stuff) or the attack wing ship. Those u just missed and i allready guessed they would never be phoenix box.

Though they make the game even easier by making all items acc wide unlock, and zen. So all players can get them now. Or at least have the option. And yes the prices out of sale are more a joke. A very bad joke. Perhaps befor adding those prices the employee had to get a screen with 60 seconds of explaining (and that the bonus objective is not to annoy your playerbase).

After all mudd's market is also a good metrics tool for cryptic. They can test what players give to exlusive item, even without offering them in specials. People will still spend 3x normal t6 zen price for a unique ship. Think when they retire lockbox strategy they have good metrics for lowest and highest zen for such ships.
    A good thing? maybe. Will be prices under 200 bucks? probally not. Cause the metrics have proven that people will get it. Even if 10 people alone pay the same price as 400 for a lower price, for the same revenue.

Overall people arent forced to spend idiot prices at mudd's market. Lets hope they add all lost items and keep making propper deals and don't insult us with the of season prices to much.
  • Options
    eiriktworavens#2049 eiriktworavens Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have been amused by Mudd's Market, it is rather thematic as Mudd is a Swindler. Like others have said it their money and the sure thing at higher cost is better buying keys and taking luck of the draw. It is nice that thing are not unattainable for ever after all. Yes most of us are waiting for sales but those who aren't aren't doing the game any harm.
    "Look Agent Daniels I just don't think I would do well in 1200 years in the future."

And yet here I am.

12th Century Swedish knight turned Star Trek Captain
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Looked at that thing a few times then realized it's a waste of time looking at it with those prices.
  • Options
    bendarlinton#5642 bendarlinton Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2020
    (spam post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Wrong Thread. I was speaking about the Picard Bundle.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I suppose the important part is keeping people from buying things they already have?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Some rich dude probably has bought the Mudd stuff at list price just to show off. Here's the key point: It's their money. IOW, their own business and nobody else's.

If you don't think the items are worth their prices, don't buy them. "Problem" solved.

Any flex that would require visual aids like a set of screenshots or a video to prove really isn't a very good flex.

Alleged rich person: I have so much disposable income that I bought everything in Mudd's Market at the non-discounted list price.

Any sane person: So, you waited for several days for the initial 75% off sale on everything in that section AND the additional inclusion in the 25% off everything in the C-Store sale to buy them, but definitely not during the subsequent 85% off sales on selected items that eventually included everything again? Not to mention that many of these things had been part of events previously, most of which were also account-wide unlocks, so there's no way that I could possibly tell if you got them that way, either. I completely believe you because I was born yesterday.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

Any flex that would require visual aids like a set of screenshots or a video to prove really isn't a very good flex.

Alleged rich person: I have so much disposable income that I bought everything in Mudd's Market at the non-discounted list price.

Any sane person: So, you waited for several days for the initial 75% off sale on everything in that section AND the additional inclusion in the 25% off everything in the C-Store sale to buy them, but definitely not during the subsequent 85% off sales on selected items that eventually included everything again? Not to mention that many of these things had been part of events previously, most of which were also account-wide unlocks, so there's no way that I could possibly tell if you got them that way, either. I completely believe you because I was born yesterday.
    Whether you believe it or not it bears no importance whatsoever on @warpangel's point.
    A point that still stands: it's their money and their business how they spend it.
    Do I think the prices are ridiculous? Yes.
    Do I think tha there's stuff in there that absolutely should not be? Again, yes.
    Is it my business what people do with their money? Nope. And I don't need to believe they spend it like that for it to remain THEIR business.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

Why would anyone brag about buying these things? That's absurd. There are two reasons someone would want to buy them at full price. They want to, and they can.

I don't know if you're aware of this concept, but some companies produce products that some people like so much that they buy more than they need, and at full price to support that company. Other people just have more money than sense.
  • Options
    Apple.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rubixthethirdrubixthethird Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Prices on ENERYTHING are wayyyy too high.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User

Wait for the sales. That is the point of Mudd's Market. Not necessarily paying the full price for the items.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Wait for the sales. That is the point of Mudd's Market. Not necessarily paying the full price for the items.

Yeah, with the sales some of the packs are very reasonable imo otherwise heck no.

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    And here comes a sale - 80% discount - the only thing I was missing from the items was the new Hologram BOFF of Geordi La Gorge, luckily, I did have saved up just enough Zen :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I logged in quickly to pick up Geordi and the free 2399 Uniform.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Since everything went on "sale" today I picked up the Breen, Reman Officer, shard and cane set for 1800 zen. None of my newer alts had them and since it's an account wide unlock the price seemed fair. Thought about the Vizier again but held off. I'm waiting to see what new items pop up in the store.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yeah, I logged in quickly to pick up Geordi and the free 2399 Uniform.
    Does the Procured Geordi La Forge Bridge Officer have any special traits or abilities? The description doesn't say.
  • Options
    n0znihs#2244 n0znihs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_bridge_officer

just the epic leadership space trait
  • Options
    aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Just found out about Mudd's shop the other day. I seriously thought it was a joke at first when I logged in. My second thought was did they jack the prices up on everything else to make this seem cheap?

I just don't see who this is aimed at, certainly not reasonable people.
  • Options
    You don't buy anything there unless they are on 80% or 85% off. They practically tell you as such in the Item descriptions.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    longsword814#2401 longsword814 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Im not happy about this one time purchase per account BS.
  • Options
    Everything in Mudd's Market is an Account Unlock. Why in Heaven's Name would you want to by it multiple times?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Mudd's Market is basically the same thing as the Black Market in WoW, only with cash shop money.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    (Comment self 'moved' to Thread [XBOX Breach Event] - LtM)
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    Event Ships have gone to the Phoenix Store. The ship (Vizier) available in Mudd's Market was a special, extra-Crpytic release. You will probably find the Mirror Guardian and Mirror Danube eventually make their way to this Market as they were also special extra-Cryptic promotions as well.

Who knows if the Nagus will make its way here.

Do you expect the Ferengi T6 Gold D'Kora marauder to appear in there? - That
    is the ship I am hoping for, especially if it comes with an extra console slot.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
This discussion has been closed.