test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Based on the old Ship Pack pricing a 12-ship Bundle would probably go for 16K Zen list. When I was speaking about 'Big' ship bundles I was talking about the Fleet Level Ship Pack of 3 ships per Faction with Tactical, Engineering, and Science variants for Each Faction, hence 12 ships.

Since we're all friends now, and can fly each other's ships we're aligned with, at the most a 6 pack (not beer) will be released: Fed + Klink ships.

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    A lot of anniversary bundles included 9 ships, it doesn't seem impossible that they might release a 10 ship pack.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    In addition to the fact that others have pointed (aka that January isn't over yet), delays can and do happen and it's possible that we've not gotten said promised ship yet because there was a delay that wasn't planned for when the Roadmap was made, those are the map for planned releases after all not a "this will absolutely happen and we used fortune teller to predict the exact time these will happen" map.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Based on the old Ship Pack pricing a 12-ship Bundle would probably go for 16K Zen list. When I was speaking about 'Big' ship bundles I was talking about the Fleet Level Ship Pack of 3 ships per Faction with Tactical, Engineering, and Science variants for Each Faction, hence 12 ships.

Since we're all friends now, and can fly each other's ships we're aligned with, at the most a 6 pack (not beer) will be released: Fed + Klink ships.

Can I have the beer instead?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Im sure some people have been looking forward to the borg ship so guess that could be it
    edited January 2020
    Not everyone supporting a certain ship actually want one themselves either, I've seen some people saying that they don't want certain ships themselves but what to see it happening for the people who do want it.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Not everyone supporting a certain ship actually want one themselves either, I've seen some people saying that they don't want certain ships themselves but what to see it happening for the people who do want it.

Sadly wanting someone else to get something they've been wishing for doesn't sell ships.
    Yes I know.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Maybe so, but seriously, hanging on to the Fed vs Klink divide in the face of everything else being available for everyone is so ridiculous its not even funny anymore. :expressionless:
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355993

and

Seems, KDF, Romulans and JH get a disappointing nothing, cause if you see the tweet, its all Federation Starships
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355993

and

Seems, KDF, Romulans and JH get a disappointing nothing, cause if you see the tweet, its all Federation Starships
    Romulans and JH (of the correct faction) can get them.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Wow we get the ships we already have out renewed instead of getting ships we wanted who are not out as T6 Version. Well played.... well played. 30.000 zen for 10 ship bundle lol even 19.500 while back in the day you got 9 ship bundle for under 10.000 zen. I guess the the second bundle I will pass on.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2020

well the blacked out ships are all the same model, so we can't guess from the silhouettes what we are getting...
    Maybe some of them turns into KDF, Romulan, and Jemmy ships.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    A hard pass on those bundles. Look at all that gambling fluff in the most expensive bundle. lol
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Not necessarily, watch the gif, those silhouettes do not represent the corresponding ships.

Anyway, since it's "10 of the most iconic ships", I think I'll list the federation ships I find most iconic (was going to do each faction, but then I realized I don't know the names of many Klingon and Romulan ships), from most to least:

Fed
    1: Constitution
    2: Galaxy (confirmed included)
    3: Defiant (confirmed included)
    4: Miranda
    5: Excelsior
    6: Intrepid
    7: Sovereign
    8: NX-01
    9: Nova
    10: Odyssey (only because I'd expect Cryptic to throw in their own iconic design)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Posting this here, because I didn't see a post about it in the news section.

I'm a bit confused about this. Fist of all, for who is it targeted? Most of the Zen ships in it are quite old and I would assume everyone who were interested in them have got them already. Is it targeted for new players, maybe?
    Also, there seem to be ship skins advertised that are already free unlocks (Monarch, Vigilant, etc.). The Ross is a new unique skin, but the Defiant only seems to be getting a glorified paint job.

My question is, will we able to purchase the 'Legendary' ship individually, or are they locked in the bundle?
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Wow we get the ships we already have out renewed instead of getting ships we wanted who are not out as T6 Version. Well played.... well played. 30.000 zen for 10 ship bundle lol even 19.500 while back in the day you got 9 ship bundle for under 10.000 zen. I guess the the second bundle I will pass on.

If each of the ships is the same as the two they previewed, then you'd had to buy multiple ships to get all those set pieces it comes with—and you didn't get an account-unlock trait to go with them.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    0f6f86409f2dfe1e57ae5a966854aaa01579908759.jpg
    Beautiful!

The price of the complete bundle, on the other hand, less than beautiful.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355993-10th-anniversary-legendary-starship-bundles

"Hey, it's been 10 years we have existed thanks to you, so to celebrate it... Give us $200! Nothing physical in that bundle, either."

I hope the ships will exist separately for sale.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, i do like some of the variants... thou i dont have that much Zen, i'll buy some individually...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I love the look of the Ross and will have to take a closer look at it but I can't justify buying this bundle as unless I'm mistaken and I hope I am as full details of all ships haven't yet been released that I've seen anywhere, the ships in it are already in the C-Store. So those that have already purchased them are in essence repurchasing ships they already own just to unlock a few new skins?

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    Looking at the stats of the two announced ships it seems like they are using ships that have several existing versions and combining them all into one Legendary ship with primary spec seating, new art, and a new account-unlocked trait. Additional ships I can think of that would fit that criteria would probably be:

Sovereign
    Intrepid
    Excelsior
    Klingon BoP
    all three flagships

The Constitution could potentially fit if they resized it so the JJPrise and Discoprise parts could be used with the others, but the consoles on those ships don't form a set when combined like the two announced ships do, and all of the existing T6 versions are either Lockbox or Promobox ships, so I don't think this is likely to be included even though it is THE most iconic ship in all of Trek.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    You don't have these ships. These ships have different stats. These versions are full specialization versions—at least the two they've shown. There was no Defiant with pilot maneuvers or Galaxy with command's inspiration abilities. Plus these ships have consoles you'd need at least 2 extra ships you'd never fly in order to collect.
    30.000 zen for 10 ship bundle lol even 19.500 while back in the day you got 9 ship bundle for under 10.000 zen. I guess the the second bundle I will pass on.
    It does also include "all of the costumes, consoles, and traits" (but not admiralty cards?) of those 10 ships' earlier versions.

I'd rather want the admiralty cards, though. Without them it's not so good a deal.
    If the leaks are anything to go by

Yeah I just found those while the forums were down, even saw pictures of several. Might not want to list them on here like that though.

Now that I know what's probably in the pack, I'm curious if they will only be in the bundles or if they will be available separately, cause I would really only want 2-4 of them, and not necessarily all at once.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • zippity5zippity5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    As there is no posts in the Galactic News regarding the new 10th Anniversary Bundles here is a good place to begin a discussion about peoples thoughts regarding them... Such as:

1 - Are they worth the price, sale or normal prices?
    2 - What happens if you have some of the consoles found on these ships already, from prior purchased ships?
    3 - Why is the Premium Bundle so high in price and filled with so many misc gambling items?

Please try to keep your replies and discussions somewhat civil...

Thanks,

Zip
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    short and to the point they are not worth it they are only catering to the wallet warriors
This discussion has been closed.