test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Launcher from Disc download.

Okay, I am a bit perplexed. I have a disc copy of STO and I downloaded it to a new computer. It downloads and when complete it asks me if I want to launch the game. Click yes. The cursor changes as if the launcher is loading but nothing happens. On a whim I checked the task manager and it shows the STO game launcher as running in the background. Yet I see nothing on the desktop. I have even tried running it as an admin, same result.

I would really like to avoid using ARC or Steam, if possible. This is not making sense to me as I used this disc to download the game on my previous computer and it works fine. What am I missing, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations

Comments

• joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I just noticed. Downloading from the disc is 32bit. I know STO stopped using 32bit in favor of 64bit. Could this be the reason for the launcher not launching? If so, is there a work around, or am I stuck with using ARC in order to play STO?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    joeykoric wrote: »
    I just noticed. Downloading from the disc is 32bit. I know STO stopped using 32bit in favor of 64bit. Could this be the reason for the launcher not launching? If so, is there a work around, or am I stuck with using ARC in order to play STO?

You do not need Arc in order to play STO. Someone has a link to the launcher itself but I do not know it off the top of my head but what you can do is reinstall Star Trek Online using Arc or Steam. Then, uninstalling Arc or Steam and playing STO from the Star Trek Online folder and adding a shortcut of the game launcher/client to desktop or the bottom menu bar. Yes, a few years ago Star Trek Online discontinued the 32-bit version. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Thanks for the comments. I downloaded ARC then went in and found the game launcher and placed a shortcut to it on my desktop and then uninstalled ARC. Still baffles me why the launcher from the game disc isn't working properly. Guess my game disc/box is just a look pretty collectible now. Thanks again everyone.