test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

▦ ▦ ▦ BORG LOCKBOX ▦ ▦ ▦

Comments

• Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    There are a few items that look somewhat interesting.. the ship not being one of them. That thing looks like you're flying an apartment complex.. no thanks. :lol:

What I am REALLY waiting for is all the new Romulan oriented goodies that are likely to come with this season of Picard.

I'll save up during this lock box and go for the next one.

I'm so with you on that line of thinking. I have such high hopes....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    New Borg stuff for LTS would be nice, but honestly I would settle for a retouch on the existing bits so they'll mix'n'match better with the new suit assets.
  • Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    How much do loxbox ships typically go for? I have about 5500 zen I can either buy keys and sell or try my luck if it wont be enough money.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    lobi average 200-300m, lockbox average 450-600m and promos average 1.2b​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > lobi average 200-300m, lockbox average 450-600m and promos average 1.2b​​

So if I convert my zen to keys I'll be around 275m. I could buy and sell a lobi ship too but that's just getting me to the low end of what this might cost. Wonder if I'm better off just opening boxes.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I seem to remember lockbox average at 300.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    What's that you say, DOC can proc FBP now? Yeah...PvP whine incoming. Depending on the proc rate...strength through unity doffs looks tempting...especially on MW ships. Holy jeebus do they have a hard on for MW ships lately with things to boost those. The borg plasma that has an innate damage bonus vs a proc seems good too...too bad it is beams only. And a uni orbital bombardment kit...k. Overall...might spend a few mil on some of the doffs to play with. Might get the kit if it becomes cheap. I would have gotten a set of those plasma weapons had they not been beams only. But yeah...good chance this whole box is a pass for me...but that is true of most boxes if I am being honest.
    Don't think so. PvP is so long dead nobody even remembers where we dumped the body.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    For anyone wanting to con zen to EC to buy the ship on the exchange, promo packs give a better return than keys.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Anyone know if the lobi costume is captain only? Or can it be used by BOFFs too?

Probably won't know until it comes out, but this is a VERY important question. I really wish they would just allow boffs to use every uniform / costume option available to captains.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    You haven't checked in a long long time then.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Here is how dollars to EC works out and the prices of lockbox/promo ships.

Bear in mind, this is all based on the idea that you should always BUY the ships on the exchange, NOT gamble to get them by opening boxes. That said,

As mentioned in my last post, you get a better return selling promo packs than keys, so my numbers will be based on promo packs, no keys.

When on sale, you can get 4 promo packs for 800 zen. Promo packs currently sell for 18mil on the exchange.

Just as a rough estimate, let's say lockbox ships sell for 500mil and promo pack ships sell for 1.25bil.

So for lockbox ship: 500mil / 18mil = 28. This would mean you would need to buy 28 promo packs to resell for 500mil. So 28/4 = 7, and 7 x 800 zen = 5,600 zen= $56.

For promo pack ships: 1.25bil / 18mil = 70. This means you would need to buy 70 promo packs to resell for 1.25bil. So 70 / 18, and 18 x 800 = 14,400 zen = $144.

So at the moment lockbox ships are around $56 and promo pack ships are around $144.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

There's been a steady inflation that continues that began last year on much of STO's economy & currencies, sadly.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    You haven't checked in a long long time then.
    I have, what I mean is I remember it used to be that amount.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2020

There's been a steady inflation that continues that began last year on much of STO's economy & currencies, sadly.

Lockbox Ships, Promo Ships, Master Keys and R&D Bundle Prices have stayed steady for the past year or even slightly declined on average.

I am buying ships and selling resources for the same amount that I did last year with only a few exceptions.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Lockbox Ships, Promo Ships, Master Keys and R&D Bundle Prices have stayed steady for the past year or even slightly declined on average.
    >
    > I am buying ships and selling resources for the same amount that I did last year with only a few exceptions.

Master keys have most certainly not stayed steady over the last year, theyve gone up from their old price of around 4 mil to the new standard fluctuating near 6 mil.

And there has been some inflation with lockbox ships, 450 to 500 was generally the max for most of last year but it started to rise up to 600 mil.

Promo ships and RnD bundles have stayed about the same though, though RnD prices fluctuate based on if the promo is being sold at the time or not.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    westx211 wrote: »

Master keys have most certainly not stayed steady over the last year, theyve gone up from their old price of around 4 mil to the new standard fluctuating near 6 mil.

They are quite high right now, but that has not been the average. When I last sold keys last month, they went for 4.4M.

We'll see if they stay where they are now.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just want to leave a heads up that the exoskeleton uniform doesnt unlock for boffs. Tried it on tribble. Also jem hadar can't use the head piece.

Liberated borg romulan also cannot use the helmet.
    Post edited by madmopar on
  • Options
    madmopar wrote: »
    Just want to leave a heads up that the exoskeleton uniform doesnt unlock for boffs.

Well, any chance at all of me getting it just evaporated. I have zero interest in captain-only outfits, and the only use I had currently thought of for it was for my Romulan's Liberated Borg Engineering Boff.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    madmopar wrote: »
    Just want to leave a heads up that the exoskeleton uniform doesnt unlock for boffs. Tried it on tribble. Also jem hadar can't use the head piece.

Liberated borg romulan also cannot use the helmet.

Yeah, this is pretty disgusting.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Well as a cautionary tale I will post my lockbox experience here.

Spent 5500 zen, 100,000,000 ec, and $15 on master keys trying to get the command juggernaut. I did not win the juggernaut. I should have just sold keys but I decided to test my luck. Don't gamble kids.

• Options
    n0znihs#2244 n0znihs Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Strength Through Unity
    Using a relevant Class Bridge Officer Ability has a chance to grant a stat based on the associated Specialization.
    Cmd: Teamwide temporary Hull
    MW: All Power Levels set to max (they decay naturally after)
    Pilot: Accuracy
    Temp: DoT Damage
    Int: Crit Sev

Using a relevant Specialization Bridge Officer Ability has a better chance to grant a stat based on the associated Class.
    Eng: Armor Pen
    Tac: Crit Chance
    Sci: Exotic Damage

Seems very interesting, Box ships with multiple seats can shine even more. Glad all Cmd ships are becoming even more....useful with the suggested powers to use on them.
    Though the career ones are good.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I only have two complaints about the Borg ground outfit after snagging one.
    1. Why are there no gloves/Are there supposed to be gloves?
    2. Why can't I use bare-handed and apply the Seven of Nine hand parts?

8/10 overall, would buy again. Also, the higher polygon budget is, uh... very flattering.
  • Options

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

That's AMAZING news! When that happens I might actually get it on one or two of my characters.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    i would buy a set now, because 'damaged' goods are always cheaper; once that bug gets fixed, the uniform is going to go up in price​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    i would buy a set now, because 'damaged' goods are always cheaper; once that bug gets fixed, the uniform is going to go up in price​​

Normally you would be right. But in this case it's a bind on pickup item, meaning you can ONLY get it from the lobi store. No exchange purchases.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    well, in that case, wait for a lobi store sale​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.