test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else getting DC a lot?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
In the last week I went from never getting DC to getting them almost constantly. Three times in one que, then twice today inside of five minutes. Net seems great on my end, its only STO that is doing this, all my other games are fine.
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I can't say I've been getting DC'd but that might be because the lag is so heavy and frustrating I keep logging out to do other games.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    thehn wrote: »
    I can't say I've been getting DC'd but that might be because the lag is so heavy and frustrating I keep logging out to do other games.

That to lol. But people on my friends list are reporting the same thing as me. Something is wonky with the servers.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Yes. Been disconnected 4 times already today. All while still being in the same zone and instance. Also seems like there's a longer load time from the advertisement spam splash screen to being able to move around or collect doff rewards. Only good thing was pulling a T6 Promo ship from the freebie Infinity R&D giveaway today. And staying connected long enough to throw that ship on the exchange.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Today has been rather bad for lag. Hell... I even got epic lag on K7! Didn't really have a problem with a couple missions I ran today, but social zones seem to be bogging down.
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Only good thing was pulling a T6 Promo ship from the freebie Infinity R&D giveaway today.
    Lucky...
    And staying connected long enough to throw that ship on the exchange.
    Dang it. I would have loved to get a Disco Connie...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Yeah, they broke something with the servers, pretty much unplayable right now.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    I'm not sure if they did or not, as today is Sunday, so no one would be in the office today anyways. *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they did or not, as today is Sunday, so no one would be in the office today anyways. *shrug*

Well its been happening to a lesser degree since the last patch they did. >.>
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    Today has been rather bad for lag. Hell... I even got epic lag on K7! Didn't really have a problem with a couple missions I ran today, but social zones seem to be bogging down.
    Only good thing was pulling a T6 Promo ship from the freebie Infinity R&D giveaway today.
    Lucky...
    And staying connected long enough to throw that ship on the exchange.
    Dang it. I would have loved to get a Disco Connie...

There is a way to increase your chances of getting one from the boxes. And to increase your pocketbook on the side, whether or not you're successful.

There is a way to increase your chances of getting one from the boxes. And to increase your pocketbook on the side, whether or not you're successful.

If that way includes buying keys and selling them for ECs... I'm not that lucky. I can maybe grind a key out every other day via Admiralty and DL Exchange. Maybe every day if I start rotating all my characters.

If that way includes buying keys and selling them for ECs... I'm not that lucky. I can maybe grind a key out every other day via Admiralty and DL Exchange. Maybe every day if I start rotating all my characters.

Nope. This way is even quicker. As you don't need to hit level 11 with pylons in order to get the promo pack freebie giveaway.
    I haven't had any problems with Disconnects. A bit of rubberbanding though.

Seems like a lot of bots are creating new accounts in mass to farm the R&D promo boxes for ships, based on how many suspicious looking names I've seen fly across the screen when they win a ship.

I don't recall it being against the game contract to create disposable accounts for this purpose. Devs may not have intended it, but as long as the items aren't being sold for regular cash...And I doubt that Cryptic is going to hotfix this giveaway before the next one comes.
    Nope. This way is even quicker. As you don't need to hit level 11 with pylons in order to get the promo pack freebie giveaway.

Eh? Now I'm curious.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I started playing in 2013.. in that time, I can count my number of disconnects on one hand.

The last 2 weeks, I have had at least 1 every single time I play. I can login, I usually get about 4-8 minutes and then disconnected. It drops me to the login screen and I cannot log back in, the only way back in is to close the game completely and reconnect.

Usually after that, I am fine for as long as I want to play but I always get at least one. Yesterday it happened to me 3 times.

Between the lag and now this, I have reduced my STO time greatly. It's just not worth dealing with the hassle.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I figured the increased lag during the weekend was because of increased players but it was a noticeable increase a times. I also got disconnected a couple of times more than usual.

Funniest thing & based upon my experience that was about 10am CST Sat. the 25th: my KDF toons had more lag logging-in & on a map compared to my Fed toons. It was enough to make me laugh & think of the conspiracy theory about Cryptic liking Feds over any others lol.
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Every. Single. Day. For months. Over 50% of the time, it's "Assist Ocampan Freighter", (slow load and then DC-"Your connection to the server has timed out. Please try again later"), and a good chunk of the rest is Cryst. Cat. I've done it all. Force verify. Modem reboots. Computer reboots. Uninstalled/reinstalled game. Virus scans up the ying yang. Ping trace. Defrag. Update drivers/Windows.

Happens so regularly, I accept it as just a normal part of the game. Fed toons, Klink, Rommy. No difference.
    Post edited by mspfueler on
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    The worst is yet to come. Tuesday the 28th of January Anniversary Event goes live.

z0bHYDQ.jpg
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    yesterday about 20-30 mins after the infinity R&D promo pack was in the promotions tab it got to the point that it took over 60 sec to load to different maps then I tried to load to risa it crashed my game. Then when I tried to load past the character selection screen low and behold server not responding :| I tried 6 more times to load in to the game all failed so I gave up and played a other game.
    I took the hint that cryptic did not wont me on any more :(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    The game has been unplayable for about a week now. It takes 4 or 5 attempts to even log in. Nearly 5 minutes to be able to claim the anniversary giveaways because the map loads so slowly that the windows for the c store don't seem to know I'm even playing the game. There was once an error message on there that stopped me claiming them for a while (or purchasing anything should I have wanted to). The server stops responding every few seconds, 2-3 minute lag between pressing exit to sector space and anything actually happening. Then disconnected for all my trouble.

I have no idea what broke that's causing this but it's been this way only since the giveaways started.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Yes , it's really bad enough that it makes the Legacy Bundle a lot less tempting. It's no good if you can't use it.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    No DCs here but the game is very laggy. Starting a new duty officer assignment can take several seconds. And the ground BZs are nearly unplayable.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    In the last week I went from never getting DC to getting them almost constantly. Three times in one que, then twice today inside of five minutes. Net seems great on my end, its only STO that is doing this, all my other games are fine.

I was, until we changed our router.

Still getting some lag and rubberbanding, but not getting d/c anymore.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Yesterday I was getting disconnected every time I loaded into a new area, it would sit there then disconnect. On re-logging in it went through ok until the next map change. This lasted a few hours.

Got some rubber banding in community area's like ESD and New Romulus Command.
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • boldlygoing2boldlygoing2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Could we have at least some official recognition and acknowldgement that many players are facing severe problems with the game with this latest patch, and that something is being done about it?

So far I have encountered several gamesever error trying to log in. When a character actually loads, it is usually suspended under the map while the rest of the level tries to load, and I am aware I am far from alone in experiencing problems.

And foolishly I have attempted two TFOs, only to spend the entire mission with dialogs that fail to close, bouncing around the map unable to contribute and receiving an AFK penalty as a result.

The situation has being deriotaing with each successive patch in the last few weks, to reach today's low point.

As it is, because of the maintenance and now these latest issues I will likely lose another whole day of the Borg event, and with little likelyhood of it being further extended to compensate.
  • briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Got Server timed out 4 times trying to log in today. Worked fine right after the new patch, shut down for about half an hour, and now I can't get back in.
  • boldlygoing2boldlygoing2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Now 3 TFOs with an AFK penalty - I honestly have never seen the server performance this bad in several years - TFOS are now unplayable for me.
  • thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Today is multiple attempts necessary to log on, each failure stalling at various points.
    Once in, frequent disconnects.
    While in, nearly unplayable lag in the best places and completely unplayable lag everywhere else.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Besides the lag and rubberbanding earlier, constant time outs trying to load a character.
  • nexus1972nexus1972 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I am not able to play anything in the game. Even starting DOFF Missions is a pain. Playing the new Missions is impossible. And after a while the game crashes. Never happend before that...
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I can normally play through the rubberbanding and lag as its in spikes but right now the games latency is so bad watching paint dry is faster than this game.

Who'd have thought another event failure due to a budget ISP and Servers.

Have a toon located in SFA and can't log onto her because timed out connecting to game server

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
This discussion has been closed.