test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniverh̶̡̻͙̮͈̙̭̉͂e̴̯̬̼̦̘̾̃͐̃͗͐͋́̚ä̴͈̠̙́̈́̀r̶͚̦̳̽̐̒̊̽̅̿̅̔͝ ̷̬̼̺̯̀͐̽͑̽̽m̸̧̗̰̿͋̾͒̕͝e̶͚̦̎̅̊̏̿. sary Wa

124»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Set phasers to rerun. :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JWe3hCes1o

Back to Excalbia. I expect we'll find Surak, Green, Kahless, Genghis Khan, and Zora there, as well as hundreds other historical figures for an all out battle of good vs evil.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    The funny thing is I was going to photoshop a pic of assimilated lincoln leading a bunch of borg cubes using the bridge pic from the tos episode

i'm assuming this means the episode is tied into the TOS episode with lincoln, which means we'll be seeing other people as well. that at least explains how cryptic could tie all the different time periods together without resorting to complicated time travel stories. though that really doesn't explain alot of the rest of those transmissions, nor what the borg have to do with any of it, as they are clearly involved in some way
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Lincoln?
    He was assassinated 30 years before the first radio transmission. I doubt he'd know what a broadcast even was.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Could have been written in Khuzdul as far as I was concerned.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Thank you, zedbrightlander1 :)
    salvation4 wrote: »
    Cryptic: "WE ARE THE BORG, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED, YOU WILL BE FLOODED WITH OUR BORG RELATED DISTINCTIVENESS, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.."

:D2qnbaklefdm31.png

At least that one stopped by a Canadian Tire Space Station to assimilate the toque.
    edited January 2020
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Lincoln?
    He was assassinated 30 years before the first radio transmission. I doubt he'd know what a broadcast even was.

Developed in the 1830s and 1840s by Samuel Morse (1791-1872) and other inventors, the telegraph revolutionized long-distance communication. It worked by transmitting electrical signals over a wire laid between stations

Radio was actually a prediction even when Lincoln was a boy. He was a bright individual so he might use the terms of his day to explain his situation as best he can and from there the universal translator would do the rest for those receiving such transmissions.
    In the words of one of the smartest guys I know...
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Lincoln?

Developed in the 1830s and 1840s by Samuel Morse (1791-1872) and other inventors, the telegraph revolutionized long-distance communication. It worked by transmitting electrical signals over a wire laid between stations

Radio was actually a prediction even when Lincoln was a boy. He was a bright individual so he might use the terms of his day to explain his situation as best he can and from there the universal translator would do the rest for those receiving such transmissions.

All right... I'll give you that. ;)
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Cryptic: "WE ARE THE BORG, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED, YOU WILL BE FLOODED WITH OUR BORG RELATED DISTINCTIVENESS, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.."

At least that one stopped by a Canadian Tire Space Station to assimilate the toque.

Canadian borg aren't as dangerous as you might think. Their assimilation chambers are socialized just like canadas healthcare system, so it might take a few months to get into one. That gives us plenty of time to mount a defense

Canadian borg aren't as dangerous as you might think. Their assimilation chambers are socialized just like canadas healthcare system, so it might take a few months to get into one. That gives us plenty of time to mount a defense

The American Borg on the other hand drain the wallets and then increases debt load to crippling levels before deep spacing the victims. Unless you buy into their extortion insurance schemes.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I'm both baffled and intrigued.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

The American Borg on the other hand drain the wallets and then increases debt load to crippling levels before deep spacing the victims. Unless you buy into their extortion insurance schemes.

Bingo
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Lincoln?
    And the Lincoln in that episode, while assembled from the records of the Enterprise's library, wasn't the real Lincoln. Same for Col. Green, Kahless, and all the others. Pretty sure the Excalibans knew what a broadcast was.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Trying to figure out the coded messages was fun. We had some good discussions over it in Discord. I have two issues with it, though. One, it was not made readily available to the players via this forum by Cryptic. (A hearty thank you to the players who did this for us, though.) Two, the secret voice belonged to ... Abraham Lincoln? Of all the iconic guest characters to appear in Star Trek, he was hardly the best choice. No offense to those who are happy about this, but to me, it was a real let down.
This discussion has been closed.