test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about R&D

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This discussion was created from comments split from: neglected KDF faction: Klingon exclusive Event.

Comments

• Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Still too new to post my own thread so may as well ask it here.

Just starting out (L26 as I type) with the Kor class as I wanted the starter pack. About to dive into R&D and think about setting up a plan for the long haul.

Should I focus on torps equipment and R&D as I can fire them while cloaked, seems a nice advantage or set up for energy and if so, beams or cannons? Been using a mix of torps and beams atm, I like the wide angle of the beams for making use of the Bird's agility.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Still too new to post my own thread so may as well ask it here.

Just starting out (L26 as I type) with the Kor class as I wanted the starter pack. About to dive into R&D and think about setting up a plan for the long haul.

Should I focus on torps equipment and R&D as I can fire them while cloaked, seems a nice advantage or set up for energy and if so, beams or cannons? Been using a mix of torps and beams atm, I like the wide angle of the beams for making use of the Bird's agility.

well you should be leveling R&D for the traits at level 15 if nothing else.

as for torp builds, those are very advanced and very expensive to build well, the kor is good for them, but in the short term you should get a basic energy build going then when have you got some real resouces then start thinking about switching.

and cannons. if you can equip dual heavy cannons, which you can, you should. they do more damage and the kor has the handling to keep them on target without any turn rate boosts.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Just starting out (L26 as I type) with the Kor class as I wanted the starter pack ...

Your ship has a base turn rate of 23 (very high) as well as raider flanking and a battle cloak. I'd try and make use of it's agility by equipping dual (heavy) cannons front and turrets rear.

Cannon builds do very well in game these days and your ship's Tier 5 mastery trait Withering Barrage make boff abilities like cannon scatter volley even better.

Save the wide angle of beam arrays for a ship with a base turn rate of 7 or so.