test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2020 10th Anniversary Days of Giveaways - discuss and comment

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    avoozuul wrote: »
    They could've at least made them bound to account.

5 free keys is still very nice regardless.
    The award ship is ... I will put this as kindly as possible ... bad. If it was the ship of some pirate prince who took captured parts of ships and welded them together I might say ok. I don't post often but I have to say "What were you thinking?" I hope you offer a different option as well.

Realize there are quite a few Lifetimer's who have Liberated Borg Character's and this might be a nice addition for them, not to mention several of the traits, kits, gear, and items in it can in fact be very useful--regardless what some initially believe.
    0zxlclk.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    So, with only 4 days left to go? Yep, they could've done a much better job building up to it.​​

I wholeheartedly agree. In my mind, I had built up 10th Anniversay to be a momentous, gloriously festive event, where we all rejoice in tens years of STO. Still could be the case, though; but indeed, let it be more than just a 6,000 Zen ship bundle.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I think the 5 keys are actually the 1st day reward, and that the free uniform (which was still claimable today) is just a temporary giveaway that happens to coincide with the usual 5 days of freebies up to the actual anniversary.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Clever Cryptic... free keys to lure those who have resisted the lockboxes into opening them, thus getting them over that initial reluctance to open them...just like the 'free' roll you get on most gacha games on mobile when starting

Smart move.
  • kimoa#3055 kimoa Member Posts: 1 New User
    How and where do i claim my rewards? cant finde any thing in game!!!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    kimoa#3055 wrote: »

@kimoa#3055

In the Zen store, underneath the mini map, at the bottom there is a promotions tab. You can claim it there.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    kimoa#3055 wrote: »

As was said, in the C-Store under the promotions tab.

If you're on console, I believe it isn't live yet, scheduled for a bit later on consoles.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Thanks for all the free stuffs!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, with the 5 keys i got a T6 box, so i'm happy... dunno what ship i'm going to choose, but thanks for the gift!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Well, with the 5 keys i got a T6 box, so i'm happy... dunno what ship i'm going to choose, but thanks for the gift!

Lucky man. Got some trash and a temporal duty officer box.
    Lobi are useful though, but i haven't decided where i will spend the 50 lobi i gathered on.
    Thinking about the hur'Q resonant ground weapon, but haven't decided yet.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    yeah I got a rom doff pack and an elachi survivor, after that just dil mine stuff
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    edited January 2020
    I wish they didn't make the space weapons so expensive. 200 lobi? really?
    Would love to make a build with a Corrosive plasma blast mine, but i am not going to pay 200 Lobi for a single character unlock item.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Contractual_Agreement_Set
    Post edited by questerius on
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Ditto, I was just hoping for a trait pack or two(to grab ceaseless momentum for a newer alt), but I certainly didn't mind getting another T6 box.. for free.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    So I am going to assume it is giveaways everyday until the 29
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    The 10th Anniversary Update is coming ever closer, and as is tradition, we want you to walk away with some free stuff! From now until January 29th, there will be a new giveaway every single day! Log in every day to claim something new, and don’t forget to grab our new Starfleet 2399 uniform from Star Trek: Picard as well!

Yeah.
    According to Cryptic logic the Uniform was not part of the give away. So according to them the keys are for day one.

Whatever works for them and us i guess. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    The 10th Anniversary Update is coming ever closer, and as is tradition, we want you to walk away with some free stuff! From now until January 29th, there will be a new giveaway every single day! Log in every day to claim something new, and don’t forget to grab our new Starfleet 2399 uniform from Star Trek: Picard as well!

Yeah.
    According to Cryptic logic the Uniform was not part of the give away. So according to them the keys are for day one.

Whatever works for them and us i guess. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    The free uniform is a separate event that will be up for an unspecified length of time.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Ditto, I was just hoping for a trait pack or two(to grab ceaseless momentum for a newer alt), but I certainly didn't mind getting another T6 box.. for free.

Honestly, i was for the lobi, my odds where low for a T6, so it came as a nice surprise... still dont know if put a ship on sale, wait for the update and get the D7 when the infinity gets refreshed...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited January 2020
    Today's giveaway is 3 Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades, only once per acct. So know who you want to claim it on.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    bah! disappointed this time, 3 ultimate tech upgrades would have been a cool giveaway. thx, anyway.
    I guess people gotta complain, no matter what.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    The news has still not been posted on the english version of the news, but luckily there is also a German variant:
    https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355123-jubiläumsgeschenke-–-verbesserte-universal-tech-upgrades
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Yes its weird it was just mentioned on social media:

I was ingame just after noon Central time and it was in the store then. That must be when the old giveaway ends and the new begins, at least for me, since I'm two hours ahead of Cryptic's stated times.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    This STO anniversary, so far, is playing-out just like many of the previous years' anniversaries isn't it?

Cryptic hyped this X anniversary up pretty well stating numerous times how much they worked on it.

The enjoyment is there I guess, but again so far, the free items & timing all seems pretty routine compared to past anniversaries.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    @questerius Thanks so much for doing this.... :) I am forwarding a link to this post. :)

questerius wrote: »
    I'll be updating this post with news of new giveaways when they become available. Now comment and discuss.

Picard Uniform Giveaway
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11354113

Day One: master keys
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355063

Day Two
    3 universal Tech Upgrades:
    https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355123-jubiläumsgeschenke-–-verbesserte-universal-tech-upgrades

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Things like universal tech upgrades are gonna pretty much be the norm, what with all the haters over the years claiming some of the giveaways don't fit their faction...

Just be happy we're getting something! I know I am...

Thanks and happy anniversary!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    didn't a few years back they give away a free T5 ship for every char? that was pretty nice, sure it was after T6s where a thing but they where some decent eneugh ships all told. I think rommies got the upgraded dhlan, klingons a updated BoP (or was it a raptor?) and feddies a T5 defiant.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    The Picard Uniform's intreasting, chronalogicly Picard is before STO, and it actually looks almost like a predecessor to the modern day oddessy uni

Spelling please
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Yes its weird it was just mentioned on social media:

Looking at the characters in the pic that have Holographic Bridge Officers available (through convention/prize codes; mind you Chekov is part of the TOS Holo Boff set that's currently available in the Mudd's Market), I'm hoping they'll be part of the 10th Anniversary giveaway :)
This discussion has been closed.