test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beginner Looking for a Place to Start

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
This discussion was created from comments split from: When is the picard lockbox coming and what could be in it?.

Comments

• commander#5939 commander Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am a new user and I would be interested in this.

Sorry for crashing your thread, but I'm not allowed to create one myself yet.

As I'm a new user, I'm looking for the best game to start with for a novice, not interested in ground combat yet. What I would like is a simple scenario designed to allow novices to get used to operating the game. It's why I like the idea of a "Picard" scenario, wandering round with a small crew in an old Romulan Warbird exploring.
    After searching through, I can't see any beginners scenarios of that nature. Could you recommend something similar?
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I'd suggest making a Federation character and playing through the tutorial. It does a decent job of showing you the basics. The early game is more forgiving. If need be, just think of it as a practice character. Once you learn the basics, you can start toward making the character of your dreams. Once you get started, you'll be in a better place to come back here and ask specific questions. The community is quite helpful.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'd suggest making a Federation character and playing through the tutorial. It does a decent job of showing you the basics. The early game is more forgiving. If need be, just think of it as a practice character. Once you learn the basics, you can start toward making the character of your dreams. Once you get started, you'll be in a better place to come back here and ask specific questions. The community is quite helpful.

this is exactly what I did. waaaaayyyy back in the day I made Tayla, and I played through the tutorial. even the first couple of "real" missions will give you tips on what to do. then I made another and then repeated. finally I felt I was ready to go out into the big bad galaxy, creater , well, ME, and went forth. after I got through th tutorial, i transferred what little stuff the other avatars had accumulated, so i had a little working capital.

I am sure if you ask in game, or even shoot me an in game email, I will send you some purple gear. it won't be min max stuff but it will get you to Captain at least untill you learn what gear you do need.

u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor