test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So basically anyone can be a Liberated Borg now...

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
SO basically anyone can be one now...leaves the Vets basically a laser pointer and a few meh traits (And no one really cares about Talaxians, I can't remember the last time I've seen one)

Which is kinda ironic since the LTS is on sale right now..
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Uhm, no?
    There's nothing in the new lockbox that unlocks the race, nor has it been put in the Zen Store for people to buy.
    So liberated borg remains an LTS exclusive.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    As a LTS holder since Beta, I have no problem with this. But then, I was never of a champion of exclusivity.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    My problem is the lack of borg armor for lib borg and now that look is behind gambling.
    couldnt not care less that the ship is but that move is dirty.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    STO has officially jumped the shark
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    My problem is the lack of borg armor for lib borg and now that look is behind gambling.
    couldnt not care less that the ship is but that move is dirty.

It's Lobi store so not gambling, you always get 4-5 per key. It might be bind on pickup but if not you can also buy it from the Exchange for EC.

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

The armor isn't in the lockbox, it's being added to the Lobi Store. And having that as a default uniform for Liberated Borg captains wouldn't make sense, your captain isn't Borg anymore they have had their implants removed and rejoined their respective faction. It makes a little sense (but not much) for the boffs to have access to the low res version they've always had if you assume that you liberated them yourself and they just haven't had the implants removed yet. The Lobi Store has all kinds of nonsensical uniform options available so it's fine for it to be available there.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    indeed.

This
    d3696cfb815ab692407d9362e6f06c28.jpeg
    Is not a Liberated Borg.

THIS
    star-trek-patrick-stewart-picard.jpg

is what a Liberated Borg looks like
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    nixie50 wrote: »

How many times has that happened now? Think its quite a few since Delta Rising...
    THIS

latest?cb=20190805144009&path-prefix=en
    And this too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

350?cb=20141207193636&path-prefix=en

And Crosis

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    porg-main_16933d3b.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960

And this too - its a liberated Porg :p
    WSPlLU.jpg
    jslyn wrote: »
    WSPlLU.jpg

b412bcdd1f48a87b0ed32637c14d1c04b8d3626e.jpg
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Uhm, no?
    There's nothing in the new lockbox that unlocks the race, nor has it been put in the Zen Store for people to buy.

I take it you haven't seen the new lock box...implants and all, not just the core suit

92fd25e4963c60af4e035ab9e2796b7e1579748359.png

edited January 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Uhm, no?

I take it you haven't seen the new lock box...implants and all, not just the core suit

That is NOT going in the lockbox, it's going in the Lobi Store. It's also not a race, it's a uniform / armor costume. Even with the implants from this you still won't have the racials or the infected skin.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    People asking for playable races claim using the alien race is no substitute. If you agree with them then even if the implants are included it won't really be a Liberated Borg.
    WSPlLU.jpg

b412bcdd1f48a87b0ed32637c14d1c04b8d3626e.jpg

If you recall, when seven was a connected borg and they crashed, they ate meat...that was a dead drone ...so Chewie doing that is normal for the borg
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

How many times has that happened now? Think its quite a few since Delta Rising...
    THIS

And this too.

true but I choose Picard to really push the "a liberated borg might not even look it" home :) even Seven basicly looks entirely human except for basicly some funky jewlery.
    rattler2 wrote: »

THIS

And this too.

true but I choose Picard to really push the "a liberated borg might not even look it" home :) even Seven basicly looks entirely human except for basicly some funky jewlery.

You know, I sometimes wonder if they would have kept Picard's facial implants from the final scene of BoBW had Voyager and Seven already existed.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    disregard
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    As I understand it, Borg technology varies from ship to ship. This is because each ship, or cube, builds what they need out of salvage from ships and things they assimilate. Their technology is mostly the same, until you look really closely. Also, they had to assimilate Picard quickly, so he may not have gotten the full treatment. Ensign Hawk got very little in the way of implants when they assimilated him.
    Also, they had to assimilate Picard quickly, so he may not have gotten the full treatment. Ensign Hawk got very little in the way of implants when they assimilated him.

True, but the implants I'm referring to were on Picard's face at the very end of BoBW part 2 when he was in his ready room and back in uniform. Presumably the writers and producers wanted to get back to how things always were and that's why they never appeared again, but I really do wonder if they would have made that same decision if we'd already been introduced to Seven. I'm talking strictly IRL right now, not in-universe.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Did Picard get all of his Borg implants removed? The surface ones, sure, but did they get all of the internal ones?
    Did Picard get all of his Borg implants removed? The surface ones, sure, but did they get all of the internal ones?

AFAIK, he still has internal ones that cannot be removed with the current science, hence his weak connection to the hive thata been displayed from time to time

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Uhm, no?

That is NOT going in the lockbox, it's going in the Lobi Store. It's also not a race, it's a uniform / armor costume. Even with the implants from this you still won't have the racials or the infected skin.

And we have already been able to make regular characters into "Liberated Borg" for years with the Seven of Nine costume with some restrictions like female and Federation-aligned. This costume just means that we can have more heavily modified "Liberated Borg" characters without being Liberated Borg. If I remember correctly, infected skin is available to aliens.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Uhm, no?
    So liberated borg remains an LTS exclusive.

Yep, I usually post into threads about which I know nothing about. You got me! /sarcasm

First of all, that's not going to be in the lockbox but in the lobi store.
    Second, that's a costume and not a race unlock.
    Third, I bought my LTS 9 years ago now and I can safely say: even if they did make the Liberated Borg race unlock available through lockbox, C-Store, whatever... I wouldn't care.

It does not devalue what you paid for in the slightest, because you already ripped the benefit of it.
    Exclusivity means absolutely nothing but the possibility of having braggin rights. I feel no need for that.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    SO basically anyone can be one now...leaves the Vets basically a laser pointer and a few meh traits (And no one really cares about Talaxians, I can't remember the last time I've seen one)

Well, there was a LTS sale until next month advertised here
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11354763-50%-lifetime-subscription-sale!
    but it's suddenly gone...
    :confused:
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Uhm, no?

That is true, but considering that all the abilities and most of the looks of them are going to be in the next lockbox / lobi store (the difference is not that relevant imo as both can be obtained with the same resources) there isn't really much left that separates the quite expensive Liberated Borg from random species that use their stuff, is there?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    It's not necessarily a bad thing that they are adding new playable 'species' to the game by just adding unique costume unlocks (like they also did with the Breen (ones)).

But given that people pay hundreds of euro's, pounds or dollars to unlock, among other things, this specific playable species they could at least have put some additional effort into ensuring that the veteran Liberated Borg remain somewhat special.

A line in a character's bio or character overview screen, and an almost useless active ability trait are not exactly what I would expect then.

For years they have sold lifetime subscriptions by mentioning that you get access to unique playable species. How unique will these still be when most of the traits, abilities and looks are going to be put in a box that's accessible to everyone and the veteran species don't get any kind of update (an assumption for now, but since no such thing has been announced yet, a reasonable one)?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    regenerde wrote: »

Well, there was a LTS sale until next month advertised here
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11354763-50%-lifetime-subscription-sale!
    but it's suddenly gone...
    :confused:

Yup, I've seen it too.

And in that advertisement, they only mentioned the Talaxians as unique playable species.

The implication of that is open to debate of course, but I thought it was an important detail, given how everyone can basically be a liberated Borg as soon as this new lock box is released.

• claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Life Time Subscriber and played since Closed Beta here.

I welcome these costumes.
    I am all for everyone getting something new in the game, plus nothing is being taken away from anyone.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
This discussion has been closed.