test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free ships on Tribble?

I read somewhere that there used to be a console (Drozana, if I remember correctly) that would allow you to fly a couple of ships not normally available. If I remember right, the last ships on offer were a pair of Romulan ships. Now, I read that that console is no longer there, but I am wondering if there is someplace else where we might be able to test out new ships. Otherwise, I am limited to whatever ships I can muster from levelling...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• havens#8344 havens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    To be honest, it'd be awesome if they could actually make a console where you can literally buy the Zen Store ships because I've bought some in the past and hated them and I really started getting a bit angry because there is no sort of ship testing on Tribble. They should really add that.
  • sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    That would be nice. We would be able to test out different ships/ship builds,/etc. Kind of a try it before you buy it kind of thing. I am guessing the ship console thing, where we might be able to test out a new ship or three is a thing of the past, then?
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, long ago. Last time a ship was added there was before Delta Rising. They do closed beta testing on ships now.

Edit: The last time they added a ship was the Ar'Kif, back in 2013 (I can't remember if it was the original, or when they added the hangar a couple months later). It hung out in the console for several months before it was eventually cycled out.
    Hmmm. Ok. Looks like we are stuck with the ships we get from levelling, which kind of sucks. Oh well. Good to know. Thank you!
  • havens#8344 havens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    sacdragon wrote: »
    Hmmm. Ok. Looks like we are stuck with the ships we get from levelling, which kind of sucks. Oh well. Good to know. Thank you!

You can also try joining a fleet and asking for some boxes, since like in the Discovery boxes you can obtain Discovery and all that.
    Have to have keys to use the lockboxes. Just seems silly to me to have a Test Server, but not let people actually test stuff. /shrug
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Have to have keys to use the lockboxes. Just seems silly to me to have a Test Server, but not let people actually test stuff. /shrug

You can transfer keys over when you copy a character, same as the boxes. Unless they fixed that, I know they were talking about it at one point.

Don't have keys on Holodeck. Can't afford them. Have boxes, but they just take up space. lol
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Don't have keys on Holodeck. Can't afford them. Have boxes, but they just take up space. lol

The thing i used to do before actually buying keys was grind dilithium to buy a couple keys then transfer my same character to tribble about 10 times, put the keys in the account bank (think you can also mail them to yourself) and then open the lockboxes on one character.
    gingi101 wrote: »
    The thing i used to do before actually buying keys was grind dilithium to buy a couple keys then transfer my same character to tribble about 10 times, put the keys in the account bank (think you can also mail them to yourself) and then open the lockboxes on one character.

Time consuming, but if we can "stack" keys that way, then definitely worth it! I hadn't thought of doing it that way. Thank you!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    You can do it that way, yes. A person actually copies himself over with tons of lockbox/lobi ships and then gives them away. I've gotten several ships that way and liked them.

All you need do is mail him on Tribble when he announces it on the general thread and he'll send you what you ask for if he has it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    @darkbladejk Necro
This discussion has been closed.